PDA

View Full Version : I can assure you guys this...

Behrdawg
11-02-2017, 07:54 AM
Mullen IS NOT going to Florida, but be worried about TENN. I am VERY confident in the fact that he is NOT going to UF. If I am wrong, its because Jesus came back.

Stop worrying about Florida. Worry about TENN.

MrKotter
11-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Do some of you just look for stuff to worry about?

Todd4State
11-02-2017, 07:57 AM
I'm not worried about Tennessee either. I think they go all in on Gruden.

Dawgology
11-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Don't worry about Tenn or Fl. Neither is happening.

msstate7
11-02-2017, 07:59 AM
Mullen IS NOT going to Florida, but be worried about TENN. I am VERY confident in the fact that he is NOT going to UF. If I am wrong, its because Jesus came back.

Why should we worry about Tennessee? For the record, I am done worrying about any of our coaches going anywhere. My worrying won?t change a dang thing

Behrdawg
11-02-2017, 08:01 AM
I know for a fact that TENN is a concern. And Gruden....aint happening.

I actually like the fact that our coach is always so highly sought after. It means he is doing something right.

Behrdawg
11-02-2017, 08:04 AM

We started this board to share info. We specifically set ourselves apart from the other boards to be a transparent avenue for accurate information. Thats all I am doing. I can just go back to moderating and not share these things with you guys, if you prefer that.

You tell me.

Bucky Dog
11-02-2017, 08:05 AM

I actually like the fact that our coach is always so highly sought after. It means he is doing something right.

I agree with you that Gruden probably won't take the job even at the $8-10M as rumored, not sure why not, but Mullen is going to be at least their third or fourth choice after him I believe.

bulldawg28
11-02-2017, 08:09 AM
We started this board to share info. We specifically set ourselves apart from the other boards to be a transparent avenue for accurate information. Thats all I am doing. I can just go back to moderating and not share these things with you guys, if you prefer that.

You tell me.

Because they offer doesn't mean he's going. No one knows what's in his mind but him. That's regardless of ANY inside info. I'll believe it when I see it. Guy's saying he's leaving abbr shopping himself out have a 0% hitting average. And because it's been done so much here I don't believe it at all.

TrapGame
11-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Two of our best recruiting classes coming in. The best team Mullen will have ever had since 2014 (but better). A for real DC sticking around. OM on super secret double probation for about five years.

He ain't going nowhere.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-02-2017, 08:19 AM

just listen to the Boneyard?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Why should we worry about Tennessee? For the record, I am done worrying about any of our coaches going anywhere. My worrying won?t change a dang thing

We shouldnt. If Gruden was 1st on the list, Mullen is not 2nd. Maybe 3 or 4

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-02-2017, 08:21 AM

Yes and they are usually the ones who always seem to find something to complain about as well.

shoeless joe
11-02-2017, 08:23 AM
If tenn thinks they can get gruden then they sure as hell think they can get Mullen...they also thought butch jones would be a good hire. Needless to say I'm not too concerned with what they think.

msstatelp1
11-02-2017, 08:45 AM
Dan has never beaten Bama. I seriously doubt they will hire anyone that is 0-8 against Saban. Better to take a chance on someone that has never played them.

Behrdawg
11-02-2017, 09:00 AM

No. What is that?

Dawgface
11-02-2017, 09:12 AM
Why worry about any of this? It's out of our hands anyway other than supporting the program. Whenever he does go, we will just have to move on.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2017, 09:21 AM
What do “our” people feel like they have to help out the folks up the road in doing what they are doing? It never ceases to amaze me. We do it every dang year at about this time.

Johnson85
11-02-2017, 09:33 AM

You tell me.

My money is that you're getting suckered, maybe by Sexton positioning for a good raise and/or non-salary concessions (like raises for assistants). If Mullen wants to go to Tennessee right now, that just means he wants to get out at all costs. Leaving the situation coming up next year in order to take on a rebuild a program that wants to be Bama when their natural position is more on the order of USCe just doesn't make any sense unless he is dying to leave, in which case it's probably not a terrible thing for him to do it this year when we have an incredible roster to pitch to prospective coaches.

Bothrops
11-02-2017, 09:56 AM
My money is that you're getting suckered, maybe by Sexton positioning for a good raise and/or non-salary concessions (like raises for assistants). If Mullen wants to go to Tennessee right now, that just means he wants to get out at all costs. Leaving the situation coming up next year in order to take on a rebuild a program that wants to be Bama when their natural position is more on the order of USCe just doesn't make any sense unless he is dying to leave, in which case it's probably not a terrible thing for him to do it this year when we have an incredible roster to pitch to prospective coaches.

This.

Winning an SEC title at Tennessee is highly unlikely for years to come. It may have a couple of cosmetic benefits, but you'd have to be nuts to take the Tennessee job over the 2018 MSU job. Dan is too smart for that.

Pollodawg
11-02-2017, 09:56 AM

A million times this.

Token Bammer
11-02-2017, 10:03 AM

Tennessee's natural position is not that of USCe. I hate UT as much as the next guy, but they are and always have been a big boy in this conference, as well as a top 15/20 job nationally. UT is a very good job. They may be down but not out. Everyone clowned on BAMA when they were down for 10 years too, but the truth is programs like UT won't stay down forever because they'll eventually come to their senses about what they've been doing wrong and do whatever it takes to win.

For the record, I don't believe Mullen will be at UT next season, or UF.

TrapGame
11-02-2017, 10:04 AM

Mullen is in the best position he's been in the the nine years of his tenure. He is on the verge of taking that next step with this program. Tennessee is a dumpster fire after three coaches. That's a quagmire that could potentially ruin his career.

confucius say
11-02-2017, 10:17 AM
Tennessee's natural position is not that of USCe. I hate UT as much as the next guy, but they are and always have been a big boy in this conference, as well as a top 15/20 job nationally. UT is a very good job. They may be down but not out. Everyone clowned on BAMA when they were down for 10 years too, but the truth is programs like UT won't stay down forever because they'll eventually come to their senses about what they've been doing wrong and do whatever it takes to win.

Tn is a good job, but it's not 1997. They aren't what they use to be. They have to recruit nationally bc of their recruiting base, and that is harder to do now. They are behind uga, fla, Bama, Lsu, aub, and Aggie. 7th best job in the conference.

TrapGame
11-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Tn is a good job, but it's not 1997. They aren't what they use to be. They have to recruit nationally bc of their recruiting base, and that is harder to do now. They are behind uga, fla, Bama, Lsu, aub, and Aggie. 7th best job in the conference.

They were talking talent level in Tennessee last week on SECN. It seems TN has not been producing quality high school talent in years.

BB30
11-02-2017, 10:39 AM

Tennessee wasn't only relevant in the 90s they have been a power since college football started save the recent spiral they had been extremely good for 40+ years. Arguably the second best team in the SEC behind Bama.

Now, I don't think it is a good fit for Mullen because of the whole recruiting thing. They can recruit nationally but it takes a lot of effort for them to do so. For the record I don't think Mullen would win big( as big at UT fans want) at Tennessee. I just can't see him leaving a for another job in the SEC outside of the schools positioned to naturally recruit themselves/surrounded by top level talent. Teams like UGA, LSU, Bama and even A&M.

If and when he leaves it will be for one of those schools or he will go out of conference to a top tier team that has an easy road to the playoffs. Thing is most of those schools outside of the SEC have either just hired a new coach UT, Miami, Va Tech or they have a good coach in no danger of being gone IE FSU, Clemson, Penn State, OSU etc.

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2017, 10:44 AM

Tennessee is an above average program in the sec. They had some great years under Fulmer and With Manning. Those years far exceeded their historical average. Problem is, without a lot of luck and phenomenal recruiting, they won't see those type of results again. However their fans recall Manning see Bama today and expect the same. I think the next coach there will see an uptick in recruiting with OM money dried up in Memphis but....the next coach is going to have really play the recruiting game like Fulmer did. I'm not so sure Dan is willing to recruit the way Fulmer did.

gtowndawg
11-02-2017, 10:53 AM
I don't think he's going anywhere but IF he did, now is the time. We have a stud team next year - top 10 type team. IMO, we could get a stud coach to backfill Mullen. He would be set up with a great team, great recruits and an in state rival crippled. We could not ask for a better situation if we have to look for a new coach.

TrapGame
11-02-2017, 11:02 AM
I don't think he's going anywhere but IF he did, now is the time. We have a stud team next year - top 10 type team. IMO, we could get a stud coach to backfill Mullen. He would be set up with a great team, great recruits and an in state rival crippled. We could not ask for a better situation if we have to look for a new coach.

And an AD and Prez that would make a home run hire.

Cooterpoot
11-02-2017, 11:16 AM
TN is a top 10 revenue team in the country. Historically, only AL has a better win percentage in the SEC than TN. Their budget is just short of double ours.
Just saying, is an attractive job. I just don't believe the SEC will let it happen. They've shut it down before. Plus, I believe Mullen uses this to get back what he had to give up to get Grantham. Our AD isn't a fool. He knows we can't afford to lose Mullen this year. Now, if we find a way to beat Bama this year........I wouldn't be surprised to see TN offer him. But Mullen is behind at least 2 people with TN right now. Not sure 3rd place is where he wants to be.

Dawgology
11-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Just because these schools offer doesn’t mean he takes it. He will probably leverage it for a significant pay raise for himself or his assistants though so expect the talk to last a while. I expect Mullen will be a head coach at Penn St or Notre Dame eventually if his success continues trending upward.

AlmostPositive
11-02-2017, 11:23 AM
Tenn has to wade through Bama every year in addition to a clearly ascendant Georgia team. No SEC Divisions titles are likely for them, so obviously no playoffs either.

Recruiting is no walk in the park there either like it is at half a dozen SEC schools.

Whatever reason there may have been to think of Tenn as a top-tier program no longer holds. Mullen would only go there if is he is unhappy where he is. And he doesn't seem to be.

In any case relax.. having a valuable commodity as a coach is a first-world problem at worst.

was21
11-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Doesn't seem that beating Alabama would or should be a litmus test for a coaching hire. Not too many coaches have done that and it is only one game

Cooterpoot
11-02-2017, 11:30 AM
Doesn't seem that beating Alabama would or should be a litmus test for a coaching hire. Not too many coaches have done that and it is only one game

Two games per year for TN. Plus GA and FL. That's 1/3 of your schedule vs elite teams to win a championship.

preachermatt83
11-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Slive rule

TrapGame
11-02-2017, 11:36 AM
Slive rule

You think Sankey will abide by it?

DownwardDawg
11-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Mullen ain't leaving for TN. Not happening. He'll be the head coach at Notre Dame someday.

preachermatt83
11-02-2017, 11:39 AM
You think Sankey will abide by it?

I do but we will know for sure this yr.

TrapGame
11-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Mullen ain't leaving for TN. Not happening. He'll be the head coach at Notre Dame someday.

I concur. THere's only maybe three jobs he would definitely bolt for and I don't see Tennessee being one of those at all.

WPDawg
11-02-2017, 11:51 AM

You tell me.

It's a public board. How is this any different than CL sharing what they think will happen and people freaking out over what they publish. I don't see your reasoning in fanning the flames of possible changes just because you are being "transparent".

Not beating on you, but some of the stuff people share or stir up here is no different than what many get upset with when in the "open" media. Yall should create a private board for your special group if you feel the need to share the gossip. ....just an opinion.

Pollodawg
11-02-2017, 11:52 AM
All about them clicks.....bout them clicks.....no substance......all about them clicks....bout them clicks.

Political Hack
11-02-2017, 11:58 AM
Tenn is only a "concern" because they would actually come after Mullen. That's it. There's no indication, nor should there be, that he'd accept it. In fact, I'd be absolutely floored if he does.

Think about this:
Ath Dept mired in debt.
Old stadium with no room for expansion
An absolute dearth of talent in-state & most surrounding states have home base juggernauts (Bama, UGA, UF, FSU, LSU)
You've been irrelevant since before your recruits were conceived
Your permanent West opponent is Bama
If you win the SEC east, you win the prize of playing Bama again.
Oh, and UGA is now the "Bama of the East" & Smart is there for a long time.
And on top of all that, the fans think they're entitled to win the SEC regularly.

I'd actually argue that Vandy has more upside than UT. Two of the big three sports are better at vandy IMO. Nashville > Knoxville for kids and coaches. Academics? Check. Airport for visitors? Yep. Realistic room for upward mobility as a program? Yep. Low expectations? Yep. Financial concerns? Nope.

Homedawg
11-02-2017, 11:58 AM
Dan has never beaten Bama. I seriously doubt they will hire anyone that is 0-8 against Saban. Better to take a chance on someone that has never played them.

They may not hire him, but the fact he hasn't beaten bama won't have jack to do with it. Hell who has??? That's just. It solid criteria and I pray that's what they use, because if so they won't fields a team.

Johnson85
11-02-2017, 01:02 PM

USCe has won 67 conference games in 2000-2016. UT won 70 conference games over the same time period. There's no doubt that UT is historically a better program and they might have a slight advantage over USCe going forward, but they are both essentially in the same place. They will be good with a good coach and bad with a bad coach, but they're not going to win a championship barring something crazy happening and they're only going to get to win the SECE when the SECE is down unless they just make a lights out hire.

UT is a definitely a historically great program and still a really good job, but they are no longer a premier program. If we were competing against UT for a potential coach, I think the vast majority of them would choose UT all things being equal. Even with how screwed up they are now, I think a lot of coaches would choose UT out of self confidence that they could turn it around and have a higher ceiling long term. But I don't think a coach already coaching a team that should compete for a NY6 bowl next year and that has finally built his recruiting pipeline for the next couple of years is going to bolt to take over a dumpster fire at UT when they're realistically not going to pay him more than he can make where he is.

QuadrupleOption
11-02-2017, 01:08 PM
If Mullen leaves for Tennessee he's an idiot. I don't care if it's a "better" job, the expectations are stupidly high there with respect to where they actually are right now. There's no way they'd give him enough time to get that program up and running. Florida's worse.

TrapGame
11-02-2017, 01:10 PM
If Mullen leaves for Tennessee he's an idiot. I don't care if it's a "better" job, the expectations are stupidly high there with respect to where they actually are right now. There's no way they'd give him enough time to get that program up and running. Florida's worse.

This.

He goes 8-4 his first season and they'd be totally pissed!

Political Hack
11-02-2017, 01:18 PM
UT is a dying breed. Maybe "two decades of evidence" should be the theme today. Tennessee is history.

Token Bammer
11-02-2017, 01:21 PM

Maybe. We will see. People said the same things about BAMA. All they need is the right coach. That's it. If they land the right guy UT will be right back to the top of the conference. UT is committed to football. They will put in the work and resources to get back to the top.

A&M has always been an underachiever, and until they prove it as a program all that potential people talk about means nothing.

LSU is in danger of some Dinardo days in their near future if they aren't careful.

UF desperately needs to make a good hire, and have not given coaches the warm and fuzzies with the way they handled Mac.

AU is about to fire another coach that took them to a NC game within 4 years. Meanwhile, they can only hire within a certain network of coaches because of how dirty they are, and whomever they hire has to kiss the ring of the network and play by their rules.

In other words, the SEC is wide open (except for BAMA) and UT isn't as far off as some might think. Jmo.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2017, 01:27 PM
UT doesn’t be have a built in fertile recruiting ground like all the other former SEC powerhouses. Unless they get a Saban they will struggle, and even then it won’t be as easy. They HAVE to recruit nationally.

Commercecomet24
11-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Tenn is only a "concern" because they would actually come after Mullen. That's it. There's no indication, nor should there be, that he'd accept it. In fact, I'd be absolutely floored if he does.

Think about this:
Ath Dept mired in debt.
Old stadium with no room for expansion
An absolute dearth of talent in-state & most surrounding states have home base juggernauts (Bama, UGA, UF, FSU, LSU)
You've been irrelevant since before your recruits were conceived
Your permanent West opponent is Bama
If you win the SEC east, you win the prize of playing Bama again.
Oh, and UGA is now the "Bama of the East" & Smart is there for a long time.
And on top of all that, the fans think they're entitled to win the SEC regularly.

I'd actually argue that Vandy has more upside than UT. Two of the big three sports are better at vandy IMO. Nashville > Knoxville for kids and coaches. Academics? Check. Airport for visitors? Yep. Realistic room for upward mobility as a program? Yep. Low expectations? Yep. Financial concerns? Nope.

Post more, Hack.

BHildreth3
11-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Think about this. If Mullen does leave, we go from having all of this fun to:

No Dan, No Grantham (Probably), and losing possibly the entire offensive staff except Looney. That would suck.

Johnson85
11-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Maybe. We will see. People said the same things about BAMA. All they need is the right coach. That's it. If they land the right guy UT will be right back to the top of the conference. UT is committed to football. They will put in the work and resources to get back to the top.

A&M has always been an underachiever, and until they prove it as a program all that potential people talk about means nothing.

LSU is in danger of some Dinardo days in their near future if they aren't careful.

UF desperately needs to make a good hire, and have not given coaches the warm and fuzzies with the way they handled Mac.

AU is about to fire another coach that took them to a NC game within 4 years. Meanwhile, they can only hire within a certain network of coaches because of how dirty they are, and whomever they hire has to kiss the ring of the network and play by their rules.

In other words, the SEC is wide open (except for BAMA) and UT isn't as far off as some might think. Jmo.

UT is one good hire from being good, but so is pretty much every SEC team other than Vandy, UK, Mizzou, and Ole Miss. On the flip side, LSU can make an ok hire and still be good (which may have been what they did with the Ogre; we'll see how things go for them).

If Florida and UT make equivalent hires, UT will be third banana in the east behind UGA and Florida.

Again, UT is a good job, but not a premier one.

Pollodawg
11-02-2017, 02:35 PM
You can’t say that Tennessee is a great opportunity when they were turned down by every coach they contacted last time. That’s why they ended up with Butch Jones.....

They sure have hired some scrubs to be name brand.

Bothrops
11-02-2017, 03:16 PM
As long as Saban is at Bama there's nobody that could win a conference title at Tenn.

Johnson85
11-02-2017, 03:52 PM
You can’t say that Tennessee is a great opportunity when they were turned down by every coach they contacted last time. That’s why they ended up with Butch Jones.....

They sure have hired some scrubs to be name brand.

Who else did they get turned down by?

I remember the Dooley hire being a total shit show, but I thought Butch was considered an up and comer, essentially following in Brian Kelly's footsteps?

TrapGame
11-02-2017, 03:58 PM

I remember the Dooley hire being a total shit show, but I thought Butch was considered an up and comer, essentially following in Brian Kelly's footsteps?

And that's just it. Butch had the Bear Cats rolling. He gets to Knoxville and goes full retard.

Joe Schmedlap
11-02-2017, 09:24 PM
This thread is just so...redonkulously dumb.

msstate7
11-02-2017, 09:28 PM

Not sure who all turned tenn down, but I remember the butch quote about he wasn?t his wife?s first choice either. Always thought it was a pretty cool quote

preachermatt83
11-02-2017, 09:29 PM
There is one HUGE reason I sure don't wanna lose Mullen... MAYDEN

preachermatt83
11-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Think about this. If Mullen does leave, we go from having all of this fun to:

No Dan, No Grantham (Probably), and losing possibly the entire offensive staff except Looney. That would suck.

Grantham would be on short list to get the HC job

msstate7
11-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Tenn pursued gruden last time first, then Charlie Strong, and finally Butch Jones

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2012/12/07/tennessee-hire-cincinnati-butch-jones-coach/1753147/

BulldogBear
11-02-2017, 10:06 PM
This thread is just so...redonkulously dumb.

This. Nothing to see here. I'll bet $1,000 against $1 Mullen does not go to Tennessee. I need to tip the pizza guy.

FISHDAWG
11-03-2017, 07:57 AM

how do you feel about the aTm possibility ?

louisvilledawg
11-03-2017, 08:17 AM

Speaking of the boneyard, where's Mimi's Babies been?

Johnson85
11-03-2017, 09:25 AM
This. Nothing to see here. I'll bet $1,000 against $1 Mullen does not go to Tennessee. I need to tip the pizza guy.

I'll take that bet. Almost certain I'm going to lose, but for 1,000 to 1 odds, I'm in.

RougeDawg
11-03-2017, 09:29 AM

Holy shit. Just why? You have applied 0.00000 common sense or logic behind this post.

BulldogBear
11-03-2017, 10:40 AM
I'll take that bet. Almost certain I'm going to lose, but for 1,000 to 1 odds, I'm in.

Who wouldn't right? It's the same reason you might as well pick some school with long odds to win a Natty in the preason. Might as well put $20 bucks on them. If they win you'll get back all the money you bet at $20 a pop for 3 decades and a whole lot more! But anyway, that's how ridiculous I think this crap is.