PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rousell

Dawgfan77
09-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Not sure if that's how you spell his name, but he just picked Ole Miss to beat Bama on Bo's show and almost picked Ole Miss to win the west. For you that don't know he lives in Oxford tweets about wearing red on Fridays and was a coach at OM. Another media homer for the black bears.

Coach34
09-26-2013, 08:10 AM
#TheyBelieve

whosyourdawgy
09-26-2013, 08:17 AM
All I want for Christmas is a Bama blowout

Dawgfan77
09-26-2013, 08:18 AM
I can't say this enough this week.
Roll dayum tide!!

32 Dive
09-26-2013, 08:21 AM
He is so douchey, and about as objective as every other SMU... err... UM homer.

OzarkaNSW
09-26-2013, 08:23 AM
that guy is a clown show

FlabLoser
09-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Brad Edwards is on now calling BS on Ole Miss hype.

Dawgfan77
09-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Brad Edwards is on now calling BS on Ole Miss hype.
I heard that too. I love it when he brings in the facts. Saban's plan is probably going to be hit Wallace every play and make Scott run sideline to sideline. Wallace doesn't have a good enough arm for them to go over the top so they are going to try and force him to beat them through the air one they shut the run down Another thing. Vandy had there way with OM DL so I think Bama will run the hell out of the ball then play action there ass deep with Cooper.

PassInterference
09-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Mark my words. This will not be close. Bama will win by more than 3 TDs.

BeastMan
09-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Rousel and his brother are huge OM homers from Nola and ate very tight with the Mannings. They used to run a website together but had a bad falling out. Now both brothers run their own site but its basically the same thing. 1 is coachingsearch and the other coachingcarasal. They bicker back and forth on twitter about breaking coaching stories and what not. They are both very smart and well connected but their bias shows at times. I read and enjoy their stuff that isn't OM/MSU related. The brother bickering on social media is kinda strange to me IMO

32 Dive
09-26-2013, 08:58 AM
I think Alabama physically punishes them. Will the post-game handshake have Nick holding his hand out for money from Freeze?

msstate7
09-26-2013, 08:59 AM
I think Alabama physically punishes them. Will the post-game handshake have Nick holding his hand out for money from Freeze?

I laughed

AROB44
09-26-2013, 08:59 AM
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!!

Oxfordawg
09-26-2013, 09:09 AM
OM is missing Pena the guy occupied offensive lineman which is why Gross and others have not put up the TFL numbers like last year. A good DT frees up alot of other people. Everyone asks who graduated that was important and they lost 2 DT that were big bodies on the inside.

Political Hack
09-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Freeze does a good job of neutralizing his weaknesses along the OL through creative play calling, but that can only last so long. At a certain point you have to bow up and hit somebody in the mouth. I think they'll keep it close for a little while, but after halftime Bama should physically take over the game.

Wrinkled Slab
09-26-2013, 09:22 AM
I heard that too. I love it when he brings in the facts. Saban's plan is probably going to be hit Wallace every play and make Scott run sideline to sideline. Wallace doesn't have a good enough arm for them to go over the top so they are going to try and force him to beat them through the air one they shut the run down Another thing. Vandy had there way with OM DL so I think Bama will run the hell out of the ball then play action there ass deep with Cooper.

Edwards graduated from Bama. His brother went to Ole Miss. So, Roussell is a dipshit homer because he's a Rebel fan, but Edwards has the facts. Roussell can scarcely be classified as "media." Edwards however is the legit media, but you have no problem with him picking his alma mater as being a violation of the media ethics you hold an amateur like Roussell to?

Barking 13
09-26-2013, 09:23 AM
RMFTR!

deltadawg99
09-26-2013, 09:29 AM
I could be wrong, but didn't Rousell play football at OM and isn't his office in Oxford?

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2013, 09:33 AM
I just wish we had media that would do the same thing. OM gets so much sunshine pumped their way, and we don't even get recognized. Hate to have sour grapes, but I'm jealous and wish we had bloggers and trusted media backing us.

Dawgfan77
09-26-2013, 09:34 AM
Edwards graduated from Bama. His brother went to Ole Miss. So, Roussell is a dipshit homer because he's a Rebel fan, but Edwards has the facts. Roussell can scarcely be classified as "media." Edwards however is the legit media, but you have no problem with him picking his alma mater as being a violation of the media ethics you hold an amateur like Roussell to?
I think Edwards dad went to state and his brother to Texas A&M. Unless he has another brother that went to OM I'm not sure. Rousell lets his bias get in the way of his reporting evident by his comments today that everyone has run on Bama and OM will do the same.

Dawgfan77
09-26-2013, 09:36 AM
I could be wrong, but didn't Rousell play football at OM and isn't his office in Oxford?
Office Yes, not sure if he played there but he is a big Reb fan

Wrinkled Slab
09-26-2013, 09:43 AM

He didn't play ball at Ole Miss but attended Ole Miss and was on the staff at one point. Yes, he's a homer. He's also not a "reporter." He is a guy with a website who publishes shit on it, from an office in Oxford. And someone correctly noted he is good friends with the Mannings, as he attended and played football at Newman.

Turner Center All Star
09-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Vandy had there way with OM DL so I think Bama will run the hell out of the ball then play action there ass deep with Cooper.

why you think this? Here are Vandy's rushing stats from the Ole Miss and South Carolina games. Guess which is which:

33 carries for 126 yards (3.8 ypc)
33 carries for 121 yards (3.7 ypc)

I'm not saying Ole Miss is the 85 Bears, but we are allowing 3.1 ypc (http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/football/confldrs.htm) (3rd in the SEC) while Bama is running the ball for only 4.1 ypc (13th in the SEC) despite having had the benefit of playing the by-far-worst run defense in the SEC in A&M (allowing 5.9 ypc, 1.2 yards/carry more than #13 Auburn, against SMU, Sam Houston State, Rice, and Bama) and CSU. Last season, I think Ole Miss was the only team to hold Bama under 4 ypc. They are, of course, down 3 All American OL and a 2nd round pick RB from last year's team, so I'd be surprised if they ran it down our throat. But you could be right and that's why they play the games, as they say.

Nonetheless, as an Ole Miss fan, I'm more worried about McCarron/Cooper/Norwood/Howard.

Wrinkled Slab
09-26-2013, 09:45 AM
I think Edwards dad went to state and his brother to Texas A&M. Unless he has another brother that went to OM I'm not sure. Rousell lets his bias get in the way of his reporting evident by his comments today that everyone has run on Bama and OM will do the same.

I'm a Rebel fan and I expect to lose this game. However, Roussell is not a "reporter." He is a guy with a website. I wouldn't bother getting upset about his bias. However, Brad Edwards is a professional reporter and graduated from Alabama. Whether his opinion is biased or not, I don't know, but I would think you'd consider that, if you're going to rail on an amateur like Roussell.

Brad does have a brother who went to Ole Miss and lives in Oxford. Not really relevant, but that's the fact.

Coach34
09-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Nonetheless, as an Ole Miss fan, I'm more worried about McCarron/Cooper/Norwood/Howard.

yep- huge mismatch here

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Coach, Can we please ban these OM posters? I really don't want to hear their opinion on this board. This is an MSU board. If we want OM analysis, then we know where to find it.

Wrinkled Slab
09-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Coach, Can we please ban these OM posters? I really don't want to hear their opinion on this board. This is an MSU board. If we want OM analysis, then we know where to find it.

My opinion? I thought I was clarifying/confirming Roussell's situation and noting that Brad Edwards is a Tide grad. Is it opinions you fear, or the facts themselves?

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2013, 09:54 AM
My opinion? I thought I was clarifying/confirming Roussell's situation and noting that Brad Edwards is a Tide grad. Is it opinions you fear, or the facts themselves?

Sorry, I apologize for associating you with Turner Center, but I honestly don't care to hear about anything you have to say.

Coach34
09-26-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm gonna allow these two a little longer. We can handle straight facts and a little discussion- but when it turns into trolling or any kind of nanny nanny boo boo shit- they are gone immediately.

CadaverDawg
09-26-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm gonna allow these two a little longer. We can handle straight facts and a little discussion- but when it turns into trolling or any kind of nanny nanny boo boo shit- they are gone immediately.

Here's my problem....

When you ONLY post on a MSU board when you are trying to defend your Rebels, your ass needs to go. I'm with SHotgun on this one. If these two wanted to discuss all topics on this board and be a part of the community...fine. But dont just sit there and troll all day, and then jump in defense of your Rebels as your only posts.

You notice how quickly that thread ended though once those two clowns jumped in to defend. Most MSU fans (or me anyway), absolutely just get put out as soon as we see all the Rebels jumping to defense in a thread, and the thread dies. Maybe it's from dealing with all of these turds in every single damn thread on SPS for the last few years.

But it's not my board, so you guys do whatever you want. Just my two cents