PDA

View Full Version : Per our source in Oxford

EliteLeaks
11-01-2017, 07:43 PM
OM brass is aware they are getting a 2nd year bowl ban. They are also aware of significant scholarship losses on the horizon.

Official notification will occur by November 15th

Commercecomet24
11-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Thank you!

msstate7
11-01-2017, 07:54 PM
So, 1 more year bowl ban? OM has to be pretty happy with that portion of the penalty if this is the case. That would keep the flood gates from opening on transfers

Rick Danko
11-01-2017, 07:56 PM
So, 1 more year bowl ban? OM has to be pretty happy with that portion of the penalty if this is the case. That would keep the flood gates from opening on transfers

Have you seen them play. Whether they have transfers or not, they are gonna be dog shi* for the foreseeable future

Dolphus Raymond
11-01-2017, 07:58 PM
"9 over 3!!!"

msstate7
11-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Have you seen them play. Whether they have transfers or not, they are gonna be dog shi* for the foreseeable future

I didn?t say they were gonna be back anytime soon. Just saying 1 more instead of 2 is sort of a win on the postseason part anyway. They could still get hammered on the scholarships. They will suck either way, but keeping the 2016 class together at least gives their fan base hope

Bucky Dog
11-01-2017, 07:59 PM
OM brass is aware they are getting a 2nd year bowl ban. They are also aware of significant scholarship losses on the horizon.

You don’t know shit! Fancy and McNotafan said one year and less than 20. And the Dogs were going to be so disappointed. I mean they were at the COI and talked directly to Bobby Cremins and the gang and they told them “you good”!

Rick Danko
11-01-2017, 08:18 PM
I didn?t say they were gonna be back anytime soon. Just saying 1 more instead of 2 is sort of a win on the postseason part anyway. They could still get hammered on the scholarships. They will suck either way, but keeping the 2016 class together at least gives their fan base hope

I know dude, just bustin your balls. You are correct tho, it will be a win in their eyes and on paper to keep 2016 class on campus for sure.

BeardoMSU
11-01-2017, 08:18 PM

Adding another bowl ban isn't a win, by any means. The flood gates are still going to open up on transfers. OM will be forced to grant releases to players, or get skewered in the public eye. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA extended transfer (eligible for immediate play) options to sophomores (i.e., the 2016 class players), too.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2017, 08:21 PM

An additional year makes it a 2 year ban which will allow players to transfer.

99jc
11-01-2017, 08:28 PM

Nm

msstate7
11-01-2017, 08:29 PM

I am not certain by any means, but I think it would have to be 2 additional years to allow sophomores free transfer

Commercecomet24
11-01-2017, 08:29 PM
Nm

I would hope it would be closer to 40 schollies but I can dig that.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2017, 08:31 PM
I am not certain by any means, but I think it would have to be 2 additional years to allow sophomores free transfer

No it?s 2 years total. If the NCAA accepts this year self imposed that becomes part of the sanctions and if the NCAA adds a year it becomes a 2 year ban,

At least that?s what I read on the NCAA site lol

Reason2succeed
11-01-2017, 08:44 PM
If that's all they get then proceed to cheat. Wipe your arse with the NCAA penalty matrix because it is worthless.

Homedawg
11-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Adding another bowl ban isn't a win, by any means. The flood gates are still going to open up on transfers. OM will be forced to grant releases to players, or get skewered in the public eye. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA extended transfer (eligible for immediate play) options to sophomores (i.e., the 2016 class players), too.

I'll be honest I don't think you will see that many transfers.

RougeDawg
11-01-2017, 08:55 PM
If that's all they get then proceed to cheat. Wipe your arse with the NCAA penalty matrix because it is worthless.

Yea, what he said. If this is all they get, get ready for the Wild Wild West to ensue. Keep those savings accounts full fellas. And the haves will extend their gap with the have nots.

preachermatt83
11-01-2017, 08:59 PM
I'm still saying 32 over 4

Dolphus Raymond
11-01-2017, 09:11 PM
All they get? A 2 year bowl ban and 30 -35 scholarships will destroy what little is left of the Ole Miss football program. The SEC, particularly the SEC West, is hyper-competitive, and the loss of only a few scholarships, let alone 30 plus over 3-4 years, is devastating for a mid to lower tier program.

I seen it dawg
11-01-2017, 09:15 PM
That is a 20 yr punishment if it?s 35 schollies. They ain?t USCw. **** those shitbirds

Commercecomet24
11-01-2017, 09:16 PM
That is a 20 yr punishment if it?s 35 schollies. They ain?t USCw. **** those shitbirds

You are correct, sir!

deltadawg99
11-01-2017, 09:19 PM
30 scholarships

3 year bowl ban

PassInterference
11-01-2017, 09:27 PM
2 is the only important number in Bowl band. That lets players transfer.

It?s the schollies that are the real killer. 30 ships is a lot more than a 2 year Bowl ban.

Todd4State
11-01-2017, 09:34 PM

I'm not really sure I could say that USC has recovered completely at this point either. A USC type or worse probation will set Ole Miss back even further given their conference and recruiting footprint.

BeastMan
11-01-2017, 09:56 PM

I don?t either. Outside of a cpl WRs, an OL, and Shea, who wants any of those players?

BeardoMSU
11-01-2017, 10:03 PM
I don?t either. Outside of a cpl WRs, an OL, and Shea, who wants any of those players?

That'd still be a big deal.

Homedawg
11-01-2017, 10:08 PM

This, to go along w they still are getting their checks. Why leave? Those guys didn't go there to go to bowls.

Commercecomet24
11-01-2017, 10:10 PM
This, to go along w they still are getting their checks. Why leave? Those guys didn't go there to go to bowls.

Yep. They only worried bout getting paid.

dawgoneyall
11-01-2017, 10:12 PM

What i thought.

msstate7
11-01-2017, 10:16 PM

Jones, speaks, and Knox (good looking TE) would have options, along with the ones you mentioned.

Homedawg
11-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Jones, speaks, and Knox (good looking TE) would have options, along with the ones you mentioned.

I'll put the over under besides shea shea at 4 on transfers and I mean transfers of guys who can play. And I'll take the under

msstate7
11-01-2017, 10:32 PM
I'll put the over under besides shea shea at 4 on transfers and I mean transfers of guys who can play. And I'll take the under

Jones, speaks, Knox, aj, metcalf (never happen, but this hypothetical), lodge, and little... you don?t think 4 of those could transfer and play? I do

confucius say
11-01-2017, 10:46 PM

What? Losing an entire class (25 schollies) is a big, big deal. Remember, the new rules go in effect next year and 25 is the max you can sign. No more 29 and counting 4 back. Four straight years of signing 18-19 while everybody else is signing 25 is huge deal.

Todd4State
11-02-2017, 12:12 AM
Jones, speaks, Knox, aj, metcalf (never happen, but this hypothetical), lodge, and little... you don?t think 4 of those could transfer and play? I do

Knox is not that good and he seems like an "Ole Miss guy". I'd be surprised if he leaves. AJ has minor league baseball to fall back on and I think he's more likely to just go pro after his junior year than transfer. Metcalf's Dad is Terrance I think so no way he's leaving. Little- maybe. Lodge I'm not sure but my guess would be no. Speaks I kind of doubt it as well.

Todd4State
11-02-2017, 12:18 AM
What? Losing an entire class (25 schollies) is a big, big deal. Remember, the new rules go in effect next year and 25 is the max you can sign. No more 29 and counting 4 back. Four straight years of signing 18-19 while everybody else is signing 25 is huge deal.

Especially if it's over 7 years. That will kill your depth and you also have a smaller margin for error than everyone else. They're also going to be on repeat violator status for awhile so they are going to have to keep thier nose clean or face even more sanctions.

My question is about the 85 man limit. How do those numbers work when a team is on probation? Does it gradually go down? Like- if you lose roughly five scholarships a year does it go down from 85 to 80 in year one and then from 80 to 75 in year two?

And I agree with you about the not counting back part hurting them. It's going to make it a lot more diffcult for them to backfill their roster. I think the early signing period will hurt them to an extent as well. Because a team that is on probation is likely going to be option B for most players unless you are a diehard Ole Miss fan. Some of the better players may be off the table by the time Christmas rolls around most years for them.

Bully13
11-02-2017, 02:50 AM
Had they not caught SA 39 lying, it would have been a 4 yr bowl ban, ****

Johnson85
11-02-2017, 03:53 AM

Losing 4 rising juniors who can play is a big deal when you already have a weak class of rising sophomores and are looking at a weak signing class. They'll lose Patterson, which won't be a big deal in 2018 if taamu stays healthy but will be a major hit in 2019. If they lose little, that I'm guessing will be a big deal in 2018 and 2019 although I don't know what their OL depth is like. Lose two more solid players or even depth guys and that's a real hit.

Think about how bad it would hammer us if we lost just two good player and two solid players. There are places we could afford a hit, but there are also scenarios where it could significantly lower our ceiling (say if we lost two OL and two corner backs).

msbulldog
11-02-2017, 06:37 AM
Especially if it's over 7 years. That will kill your depth and you also have a smaller margin for error than everyone else. They're also going to be on repeat violator status for awhile so they are going to have to keep thier nose clean or face even more sanctions.

My question is about the 85 man limit. How do those numbers work when a team is on probation? Does it gradually go down? Like- if you lose roughly five scholarships a year does it go down from 85 to 80 in year one and then from 80 to 75 in year two?

And I agree with you about the not counting back part hurting them. It's going to make it a lot more diffcult for them to backfill their roster. I think the early signing period will hurt them to an extent as well. Because a team that is on probation is likely going to be option B for most players unless you are a diehard Ole Miss fan. Some of the better players may be off the table by the time Christmas rolls around most years for them.

The COI can set it up in a number of ways. It is possible and I think this is how they did USCw, to say they are penalized 30 over 3, to have a 75 man limit 1st year, 65 man limit 2nd year and 55 man limit 3rd year.

Harrydawg
11-02-2017, 06:44 AM
All they get? A 2 year bowl ban and 30 -35 scholarships will destroy what little is left of the Ole Miss football program. The SEC, particularly the SEC West, is hyper-competitive, and the loss of only a few scholarships, let alone 30 plus over 3-4 years, is devastating for a mid to lower tier program.

This....did some of you actually think they would receive a 3+ year bowl ban? 2 year bowl ban plus 30+ schollys will all but end this program for 10 years. Think about that, 10 years.......

Bubb Rubb
11-02-2017, 06:51 AM

Ole Miss coaches lied to many of them about the investigation. Do you not think those kids are pissed right now? When the additional bowl ban drops, there's going to be an exodus.

Homedawg
11-02-2017, 07:27 AM
Ole Miss coaches lied to many of them about the investigation. Do you not think those kids are pissed right now? When the additional bowl ban drops, there's going to be an exodus.

Honestly, while they lied to em yes, most of them either knew of had an idea. As I said before, just keep signing the check and they are good. And the payments haven't stopped tonthe ones their. That's for certain

Coursesuper
11-02-2017, 07:33 AM
Losing 30 or more schollys is going to be crippling. They have 19 Sr on th roster now so if there is no other attrition then they will only have room for 9 signees to get to the 75 number. There are 21 Jr on the current roster and they have to get to 65 by year 2 leaving them with again with a tiny class and having to be at 55 players receiving financial aid by the end of year 3. The reduction of schollys will gut the program. And that is with 30 if it?s even 5 more that over that period it?s a full scale emasculation of the program.

BrunswickDawg
11-02-2017, 07:35 AM
The COI can set it up in a number of ways. It is possible and I think this is how they did USCw, to say they are penalized 30 over 3, to have a 75 man limit 1st year, 65 man limit 2nd year and 55 man limit 3rd year.

And with the 25 man hard limit, it will take a long time to get back to 85. They have 21 SRS right now. So assuming they are at 85 now and not counting attrition, they could only sign 11 in the 2018 class. They have 28 Jrs., which would let them sign 18 in 2019. 24 Soph. means 14 signees in 2020. They would have to have 0 attrition after the 2020 season to get up to 80 scholarships. The earliest they would have a full roster of scholarship players is the 2022 season - which is why we shouldn't worry too much about getting something over 30 over 3. The kicker is the length of the probation. 7 years would be a long time for OM to resist the urge - and it covers their ramp up back to 85 schollys. Their is no way they stay clean during that long of a period. They never have.

turkish
11-02-2017, 07:47 AM
So the penalty matrix isn't being used yet? That's disappointing.

Behrdawg
11-02-2017, 07:50 AM

It will be worse than this, too

sandwolf
11-02-2017, 07:54 AM
I don?t think this is right. I believe the 30 over 3 capped their overall scholarships at 75 and their yearly scholarships at 15, but I don?t think their overall cap decreased each year. That said, it didn?t really matter.....by the end of the last year of their scholarship sanctions they only had like 46 scholarship players available.

Todd4State
11-02-2017, 07:54 AM
And with the 25 man hard limit, it will take a long time to get back to 85. They have 21 SRS right now. So assuming they are at 85 now and not counting attrition, they could only sign 11 in the 2018 class. They have 28 Jrs., which would let them sign 18 in 2019. 24 Soph. means 14 signees in 2020. They would have to have 0 attrition after the 2020 season to get up to 80 scholarships. The earliest they would have a full roster of scholarship players is the 2022 season - which is why we shouldn't worry too much about getting something over 30 over 3. The kicker is the length of the probation. 7 years would be a long time for OM to resist the urge - and it covers their ramp up back to 85 schollys. Their is no way they stay clean during that long of a period. They never have.

Thanks to all who answered. My question for you is where are you getting the full roster in 2022? I'm assuming the seven year probation rumor is true at least hypothetically at this point. If that's the case 2022 would be year 5-6 of probation.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2017, 07:57 AM
I'm not really sure I could say that USC has recovered completely at this point either. A USC type or worse probation will set Ole Miss back even further given their conference and recruiting footprint.

I?m a huge USC fan, and no they haven?t really recovered.

Dawgology
11-02-2017, 08:05 AM
2 year bowl ban and 30+ schollies is pretty tough. It will kill them for the forseeable future.

Plus, they get up to antics over the next 7 years while on probation the NCAA (and proabably SEC) will leave them a smoking crater.

The thing that will have the longest impact though is the fact that they have a booster suing college kids and the knowledge that Ole Miss recorded conversations with recruits and recruits parents without the recruits knowledge. This could only have been done for nefarious reasons. Most coaches and recruits are staying far away from them at this point. They have shown they are willing to wreck a college athletes career if that athlete doesn't sign with them.

Really Clark?
11-02-2017, 08:19 AM
So the penalty matrix isn't being used yet? That's disappointing.

That will exactly in line with the matrix. People have just been erroneously thinking each violation will be added or stacked. It was never presented or intended by the NCAA that each violation has a penalty toward the school. Infractions by individuals have their own penalty matrix. The ACT fraud (it could be under the new matrix or old structure depending on which will be the less severe for the school) and LOIC alone can get you to historic penalties depending on if the school mitigated or arragvated their infraction.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Well they are already claiming, what (11) scholarships over the past two years that they couldn't use or didn't use. I wish the NCAA would just come out and say, those didn't count. It isn't a punishment if you just have open scholarships each year. I would imagine, for them to count, UM should have announced it before last years season they were not going to use 11 scholarships.

Lord McBuckethead
11-02-2017, 08:22 AM
That will exactly in line with the matrix. People have just been erroneously thinking each violation will be added or stacked. It was never presented or intended by the NCAA that each violation has a penalty toward the school. Infractions by individuals have their own penalty matrix. The ACT fraud and LOIC alone can get you to historic penalties depending on if the school mitigated or arragvated their infraction.

Well then, if you have a typical run of the mill level 1, might as well commit 20 and maintain institutional control through "agents and rogue booster antics". Penalty is close to being the same either way.

BrunswickDawg
11-02-2017, 08:26 AM
Thanks to all who answered. My question for you is where are you getting the full roster in 2022? I'm assuming the seven year probation rumor is true at least hypothetically at this point. If that's the case 2022 would be year 5-6 of probation.

Probation is a separate penalty then the scholarship reductions. Their scholarship reduction, hypothetically, would take place over 3 recruiting classes. As I outlined, by only being able to sign a hard max of 25 a year, it will take them at least 2 additional years beyond the scholarship reduced years to get back to 85 (assuming 0 attrition, which is impossible). Probation is an actual status. They will have the NCAA all up their ass for 7 years. Any additional infractions during that probation period can bring more sanctions.

Really Clark?
11-02-2017, 08:26 AM
Well then, if you have a typical run of the mill level 1, might as well commit 20 and maintain institutional control through "agents and rogue booster antics". Penalty is close to being the same either way.

It doesn't work like that either. You can't have that many and it not ramp up to aggregated. It's not just the severity of an infraction, shear volume will also get you popped with an additional LOIC charge.

turkish
11-02-2017, 08:38 AM
So they can stack or not, aggregate or not. That's kinda my point. They have a matrix, but it appears that its application is so subjective that it's toothless, in and of itself. That's why a matrix was said to be created in the first place. This is no different from the pre-matrix punishment.

Lotta posters that have tried to reconcile the NOAs to the matrix look really silly. Well, hell, just about every poster that has done so.

I think you may end up being right. But that implies 2 independent Level 1s are equal to one Level 1. That's BS.

Spiderman
11-02-2017, 08:45 AM

I agree. Maybe a couple of younger guys. Older guys who play a lot may just hold serve

Really Clark?
11-02-2017, 08:49 AM
So they can stack or not, aggregate or not. That's kinda my point. They have a matrix, but it appears that its application is so subjective that it's toothless, in and of itself. That's why a matrix was said to be created in the first place. This is no different from the pre-matrix punishment.

Lotta posters that have tried to reconcile the NOAs to the matrix look really silly. Well, hell, just about every poster that has done so.

I think you may end up being right. But that implies 2 independent Level 1s are equal to one Level 1. That's BS.

For purposes of the school penalty, they base the matrix on the entire case, determine the Level and the standard of that level for the entire NOA. The LOIC being added causes stronger penalties for the school. But just one Level 1 aggravated has a max penalty of 50% scholarship reduction, 10 years probabtion and 4 year bowl ban potential. Outside of the death penalty you can't get any stronger. That's why the idea of stacking each penalty was erroneous. The NCAA doesn't even need to with the penalty matrix.

turkish
11-02-2017, 08:57 AM
What "school" penalties are expected?

Really Clark?
11-02-2017, 09:25 AM
What "school" penalties are expected?

Nobody knows but the COI. I've stated before that I think it will be 6-8 years probation, 32-36 scholarship reductions, and 2 year bowl ban. But I can see the COI going a little higher or lower on scholarships but not above 40 or less than 26. They might add bowl ban to 3 years but that's even more doubtful to me.

Entodawg
11-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Any chance of a multi-million dollar fine for the bowl money they received in the years they played ineligible players (ACT fraud players & '15 Tunsil)?

Dawgology
11-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Any chance of a multi-million dollar fine for the bowl money they received in the years they played ineligible players (ACT fraud players & '15 Tunsil)?

I'm sure they will have to vacate all of those wins, return trophies, and there has already been some talk of financial penalties so probably at least have to pay back a portion.

turkish
11-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Nobody knows but the COI. I've stated before that I think it will be 6-8 years probation, 32-36 scholarship reductions, and 2 year bowl ban. But I can see the COI going a little higher or lower on scholarships but not above 40 or less than 26. They might add bowl ban to 3 years but that's even more doubtful to me.
I asked the question poorly. Which of those are you considering "school penalties?" Everything but the schollies.

1bigdawg
11-02-2017, 09:48 AM

I think they will get 30 MORE scholarship reductions over 3 years, in addition to whatever they claim for the past two years. Agree with the rest. Their LOIC is going to be Level 1 - Aggravated because of the continued cheating while under investigation.

Johnson85
11-02-2017, 09:54 AM

I think they are going to be hurt, but lots of players aren't going to change schools mid stream. Look at their 2016 recruiting class.

I think it's reasonable to expect the hired guns to cut out. That's Patterson and probably Little.

Do you expect AJ to leave? i could see it, but I could also see him saying he's getting taken care of and is putting up numbers that will let
him go pro and him expecting he can go pro after one more year anyway.

Metcalf isn't leaving.

Hartsfield, I guess could? He'd probably be able to find a landing spot.

Benito Jones is from Waynseboro, so I'm not sure he'll be itching to leave.

I'm not sure how much the rest of those guys are even playing right now, so I'm not sure they're going to be itching to transfer if they're not starting for a dumpster fire right now (I'm sure several of them are; I just don't pay that much attention).

For the 2017 recruiting class, other than DD, how many of them would even have a clear landing spot? A lot of them are there because it was their best offer, even knowing they were about to get hammered, so there's not much reason to leave now.

So I think there are going to be some transfers that really hurt them, but I don't think it will be anything like an "exodus". Probably 2-4 players that they aren't going to be able to replace with quality players because of the sanctions. That's plenty painful.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Who is Hartsfield? Seems like I remember him but I can't put my finger in it....ahem*... on it. ***

TrapGame
11-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Almost 6,000 views in less than 24 hours.

Click an ad shitbirds.

Token Bammer
11-02-2017, 10:17 AM
This Bammer likes this thread and I just want to be in it.

Roll COI Roll.

BB30
11-02-2017, 10:17 AM
The major difference in USCW and OM is that USCW even under scholarship reductions was still signing top caliber players with the few spots they had to fill. OM will not be able to sign the same caliber of player thus hitting them much much harder. There 13-15 person signing classes will be filled with sunbelt recruits. They are screwed for a decade just about regardless of how this falls. On top of that they will not be able to hire a coach that is worth a crap for 6-8 years.

They are essentially receiving a 10 year death penalty and who knows where the SEC will be in 10 years. They will be so far behind the 8 ball it could take upwards of 10+ years to get back out of consistently being in the cellar.

Spiderman
11-02-2017, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see some vacated wins also, especially any that the ACT guys played in.

While having zero clue as to what the penalties will be, like everyone else not on the COI, the USC and OM cases are not a like at all.

If memory serves, didn't SC only have 4 violations?

Mimi's Babies
11-02-2017, 10:44 AM
7.8 million has to be returned to the sugar bowl Committee. Any Winnings/monies received from the SEC should have to be returned. We are looking at possibly 50 million(wasn't the share last year 12.7m).

My understanding is that OM will receive the paperwork the same time it is published to the NCAA Website. So is this the wishful thinking of Om fans... That they think they know what they are about to get?

Mimi's Babies
11-02-2017, 10:50 AM
I agree. Maybe a couple of younger guys. Older guys who play a lot may just hold serve

What happens if the 2016 class decided to leave? Do they take the money and run or do the boosters still own their souls? Or do the boosters come up with more money to hold ole miss together? This will be interesting for sure.

QuadrupleOption
11-02-2017, 11:01 AM
If they get less than or equal to what USC did then this whole deal has been a farce. LOIC + 15 Level 1 violations should equal an ass-kicking. Don't give me that "well 30 schollies is a big deal" crap either. I get it, I know it is, but this was systemic corruption headed up by their damned coaching staff. Anything less than 45 schollies is a joke.

MadDawg
11-02-2017, 11:07 AM
I still believe both sides are going to be pissed. They will think whatever they get is too much and we will think it's not enough.

turkish
11-02-2017, 11:08 AM
The major difference in USCW and OM is that USCW even under scholarship reductions was still signing top caliber players with the few spots they had to fill. OM will not be able to sign the same caliber of player thus hitting them much much harder. There 13-15 person signing classes will be filled with sunbelt recruits. They are screwed for a decade just about regardless of how this falls. On top of that they will not be able to hire a coach that is worth a crap for 6-8 years.

They are essentially receiving a 10 year death penalty and who knows where the SEC will be in 10 years. They will be so far behind the 8 ball it could take upwards of 10+ years to get back out of consistently being in the cellar.
And that's why the reputation they've earned themselves among recruits, thru the RR lawsuit, is inportant.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2017, 11:14 AM
If they get less than or equal to what USC did then this whole deal has been a farce. LOIC + 15 Level 1 violations should equal an ass-kicking. Don't give me that "well 30 schollies is a big deal" crap either. I get it, I know it is, but this was systemic corruption headed up by their damned coaching staff. Anything less than 45 schollies is a joke.

What USC got WAS an ass kicking. They still haven’t really recovered, and they were still pulling in mostly 4&5 star players while they were on scholarship reduction. I don’t think the cheaters up the road will be able to do that.

Really Clark?
11-02-2017, 11:26 AM
I asked the question poorly. Which of those are you considering "school penalties?" Everything but the schollies.

Scholarship reduction also goes with the program. You also have the monetary fines as well

thf24
11-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Didn't USCw get a 2 year bowl ban? If so, you almost have to think OM will get 3.

Jack Lambert
11-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Who is Hartsfield? Seems like I remember him but I can't put my finger in it....ahem*... on it. ***

He's the DB from up north who was kicked off his high school team and they ended up disbanded the team because he and a few other players sexually assaulted another team mate. I think he was originally committed to Penn State but once he did what he did that offer went away.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2017, 11:33 AM
I still believe both sides are going to be pissed. They will think whatever they get is too much and we will think it's not enough.

Hell, they think the self imposed reductions are too much. I agree with other posters, if they don't get hit worse than USCw then the whole matrix penalty system is a joke. It will open the flood gates because if you get caught cheating then no matter what you shouldn't get worse than UM. UM has systematic cheating that was run by the coaching staff and The Network. This is worse than anything that has happened since SMU and the penalties should represent that fact.

Spiderman
11-02-2017, 11:34 AM

Yep, said this all along

MedDawg
11-02-2017, 12:02 PM

I didn't know the NCAA did the 75 -> 65 -> 55 thing to USC. That makes a HUGE difference compared to taking 10 scholarships a year but can keep 75 on roster.

By the way, when OM was on Brewer's 2nd probation, they took in a lot of walkons who had offers to other schools. Didn't the NCAA or SEC close that loophole?

Political Hack
11-02-2017, 12:04 PM
I didn't know the NCAA did the 75 -> 65 -> 55 thing to USC. That makes a HUGE difference compared to taking 10 scholarships a year but can keep 75 on roster.

By the way, when OM was on Brewer's 2nd probation, they took in a lot of walkons who had offers to other schools. Didn't the NCAA or SEC close that loophole?

I doubt they can legally, and I fully expect Ole Miss to get creative with funding over the next decade. I'd be surprised if they did it already have a plan in place.

Todd4State
11-02-2017, 12:37 PM

If I remember correctly what they did is tell recruits that the top 15 guys or whatever it was would get the scholarships. They can't do that now because to be in a signing class you have to be on scholarship.

Johnson85
11-02-2017, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see some vacated wins also, especially any that the ACT guys played in.

While having zero clue as to what the penalties will be, like everyone else not on the COI, the USC and OM cases are not a like at all.

If memory serves, didn't SC only have 4 violations?

I think that the consensus was that USC got penalized for what the committee beleived they did rather than what they were comfortable proving. One of the things they got hammered for was not knowing that Reggie Bush's family was getting free lodging like an hour away from campus. If USC were really punished for what they were officially found guilty of, that would mean applying the same standards to ole miss would result in something like a 120 scholarships reduction.

I obviouysly don't know what the penalties any more than anybody else does, but I'm guessing you see UM get just a shade worse than USCw just so people can't say they got the same thing for much worse violations, but that it won't be much worse. Like 33 over three instead of 30 over three.

JoseBrown
11-02-2017, 02:45 PM
I remember a while back, around the time the 2nd NOA was believed to be out I was listening to Chris Brooks on Jackson’s mid-day radio program. He was asking people what they thought Ole piss’ sanctions would be. He said either self-imposed or somewhere between self-imposed and what USCw got. So I tweeted him that he left off one choice: worse than USCw. I told him that would be my guess. He did read it on air, but he scoffed at it and stuck with his two choices for people to respond with.

I haven’t listened to him lately, so don’t know where he stands now. If I had to guess I’d think he’s about the same: slap on wrist or slap on wrist + a little...

notsofarawaydawg
11-02-2017, 03:08 PM
I think they are going to be hurt, but lots of players aren't going to change schools mid stream. Look at their 2016 recruiting class.

Benito Jones is from Waynseboro, so I'm not sure he'll be itching to leave.

I don't know about that. The Clarks may not be able to keep up their end of the deal with Benito with their son in prison.

Coursesuper
11-02-2017, 03:50 PM
I don't know about that. The Clarks may not be able to keep up their end of the deal with Benito with their son in prison.

They have plenty of money, that kid has been on the payroll since he was a 9 the grader anyway. He won't be going anywhere.

Spiderman
11-02-2017, 06:02 PM

Well you put it out there.... let's hear the whole story. Bought a player, son in prison, sounds like a good read. Fill us in

somebodyshotmypaw
11-02-2017, 06:14 PM
Well you put it out there.... let's hear the whole story. Bought a player, son in prison, sounds like a good read. Fill us in

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2017/09/wife-beater-sentenced-to-10-years-in.html

Be sure you scroll down and view the pictures

beretta
11-02-2017, 06:47 PM
OH WOW!!!!!!!!! Hope is a very good friend of mine......this story predates Jerrell Powe, but is how it all got started......Im amazed this is just now hitting the message boards.....run down.....she married this dude from waynesboro....very wealthy family and big UM homers......he has dyslexia so bad he can barely read.....had a lady help him take the ACT and scores like a 30.....who else couldn't read from that area who was a big UM recruit? Jerrell Powe....he got the heppin too....although, they wouldn't let him in....but still got heppin.....word go around fast to UM coaches.....

them boosters are all about heppin....

edited to add: there is a key statement in that article about a law firm in central ms

http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2017/09/wife-beater-sentenced-to-10-years-in.html

turkish
11-02-2017, 07:08 PM

Can someone translate the commentary toward the end of the article re: Rep. Smith? I don't understand. He has ties to MSU, too.

Goldendawg
11-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Landbear co-worker told me a few days ago that there would be no 2nd year bowl ban, Leo lied, very few scholy's lost, and the 2nd Letter would be thrown out. Said all this to about 4 State fans and meant it! The kool-aide is still being mixed and drank in very large amts. Hail State!

RocketDawg
11-02-2017, 07:32 PM

The guy who did that should get LIFE in prison, not 10 years.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-03-2017, 09:01 AM
He's the DB from up north who was kicked off his high school team and they ended up disbanded the team because he and a few other players sexually assaulted another team mate. I think he was originally committed to Penn State but once he did what he did that offer went away.

Thanks but I think you missed the joke I was trying to make.