PDA

View Full Version : Why MSU is Very Good College Football Job

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2017, 07:37 PM
We all know that the MSU head coaching job is underrated from a national perspective, but why?

What makes MSU a very good college football job is that the average Mississippi State football player, yes the team that been #1 in the country, been to 8 straight bowl games, and is now ranked #16 and poised to go to ANOTHER major bowl game, comes from on average 171 miles from the city of Starkville, which is good for the 2nd closest in the FBS behind La Tech

Think about that. Don?t just read the mileage.

IMO, this signifies a completely sustainable business model. Now, I totally understand that you may need to expand that recruiting ground to win an SEC or National Title, but for a coach that is looking to run a program in which he can recruit quality players, make 20+ million dollars, and put together 7-9 win seasons on a consistent basis, then MSU is the job for you.

The truth is that MSU was mismanaged for decades. The local recruiting ground that MSU possesses, is only behind a few in the country and frankly, insinuates that it shouldn’t be near as difficult to win at MSU as MSU made it prior to Mullen’s arrival.

This is something that Arkansas, Nebraska, and numerous other schools cannot sell to potential coaches.

Mullen figured out the formula to a sustainable business model and thus changed and propelled the MSU job into a sustainable model of consistent winning.

Tell Bruce Feldman that sh$&

ckDOG
11-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Spot on.

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2017, 07:47 PM
If you want to see how out of touch college football media and fans can be, check out this thread from Florida people.

https://twitter.com/derekjtyson/status/925881487353876481

Commercecomet24
11-01-2017, 07:50 PM
If you want to see how out of touch college football media and fans can be, check out this thread from Florida people.

https://twitter.com/derekjtyson/status/925881487353876481

Wonder if they?ll still be thinking that when we whoop their a** next year with our ?inferior talent?

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Wonder if they?ll still be thinking that when we whoop their a** next year with our ?inferior talent?

I love how the one guy said MSU gets the 2nd best recruits in MS.

I mean that’s just willful ignorance

Commercecomet24
11-01-2017, 07:59 PM
I love how the one guy said MSU gets the 2nd best recruits in MS.

I mean that’s just willful ignorance

Absolutely ignorant! They may have had higher recruiting rankings at uf but I can tell you right now our team is more talented

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2017, 08:05 PM
I could also make an argument that home grown players on average may be more invested in the program and team. I think all things being equal, a home grown player is more likely to play and work everyday with a little more pride for the culture and long term winning of the program.

This is obviously on an individual basis but my guess is that there is some correlation

Commercecomet24
11-01-2017, 08:10 PM
I could also make an argument that home grown players on average may be more invested in the program and team. I think all things being equal, a home grown player is more likely to play and work everyday with a little more pride for the culture and long term winning of the program.

This is obviously on an individual basis but my guess is that there is some correlation

Agreed. Especially if it?s the team you grew up a fan of. More pride involved.

Bothrops
11-01-2017, 10:23 PM
The media will look down on MSU as long as it looks down on the State of Mississippi.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2017, 08:40 AM
The media will look down on MSU as long as it looks down on the State of Mississippi.

Great point.

MS succeeding makes others feel bad that they aren’t.