PDA

View Full Version : Tip off in 9 days

msstate7
11-01-2017, 06:45 PM
Help me feel better about this season after the buzzkill exhibition games. Why will this year be different?

Quaoarsking
11-01-2017, 06:46 PM
Howland and the team used the exhibition games for practice and to work on specific things, not to try to win them. (I hope.)

klong-dog
11-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Ado didn't play and he will make a huge difference in the paint. I hope.

MCsMGs
11-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Neither Howland nor the team seem too spun up about those games...Howland was very generous with minutes 10-12 players deep in that game against Nebraska and both of those teams were senior laden teams that should be expected to play better at this point in the season. I'm expecting to see big improvement throughout the non-conference schedule. The biggest concern I have is that we let both of those teams get way out in front early in the game which is what we did way too much last year. We can't be spotting teams by 20 and expect to be successful.

Can ya see the sunshine?

basedog
11-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Belmont will quit baseball to help basketball program****

msstate7
11-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Neither Howland nor the team seem too spun up about those games...Howland was very generous with minutes 10-12 players deep in that game against Nebraska and both of those teams were senior laden teams that should be expected to play better at this point in the season. I'm expecting to see big improvement throughout the non-conference schedule. The biggest concern I have is that we let both of those teams get way out in front early in the game which is what we did way too much last year. We can't be spotting teams by 20 and expect to be successful.

Can ya see the sunshine?

Playing too many players too many mins could certainly explain why we lost. Getting whipped from the start though indicates our starters were not very effective. Hopefully we figure it out this season

msstate7
11-01-2017, 08:07 PM
Belmont will quit baseball to help basketball program****

Awesome. Tourney bound

drummerdawg
11-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Two years ago we beat the hell out of UAB or someone that was supposed to be decent, in a scrimmage and everyone started to get optimistic. We ended up with a losing record that year. The next season (last year), we went to Italy and beat up on everybody. We ended the year .500

I say that to say, maybe because we sucked in preseason this year means we'll have a good season. Opposite of last two years and stuff.

MarketingBully
11-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Playing too many players too many mins could certainly explain why we lost. Getting whipped from the start though indicates our starters were not very effective. Hopefully we figure it out this season

The starting five we used against Nebraska was one we will never see again. Peters is still getting into game shape. We are still a week in a half away from the first game. We will be okay. I’m interested to see how we look in tomorrow night’s exhibition game. I just want us to start running some halfcourt offensive sets, create fast break opportunities with our defense, and hit perimeter shots like we are capable of.

BuckyIsAB****
11-01-2017, 11:25 PM
I am skeptical until proven otherwise about this team. Hoping for the best but MSU mens basketball has done nothing the last few years to get my hopes up, exhibitions didnt help

Dawg61
11-02-2017, 12:41 AM
Did I miss an exhibition game? Thought we only played Nebraska so far and our next one is tomorrow/tonight vs West Florida 11/2

MCsMGs
11-02-2017, 06:17 AM
Did I miss an exhibition game? Thought we only played Nebraska so far and our next one is tomorrow/tonight vs West Florida 11/2

Closed scrimmage against TX Tech. We got spanked.

parabrave
11-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Well hopefully he has gotten all of the AAU BS out of the players and they will play more like a team.

MarketingBully
11-02-2017, 10:32 AM
I bet he started this starting five below in the scrimmage which will not be who we start even a month from now.

PG - Peters
SG - Q
SF - Wright
PF - Stapleton
C - Datcher

It’s the right idea but the wrong five. Who we should be starting a month from now is:

PG - Nick W
SG - Peters
SF - Q
PF - Stapleton
C - Ado

We need to get everyone healthy and start this starting five. Right now he is making it merit based which I get but when these games start to count he needs to start the five that give us the best chance to win instead of because he thinks someone deserves to start over someone else.

WPDawg
11-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Help me feel better about this season after the buzzkill exhibition games. Why will this year be different?

Final score in Exhibitions don't mean crap. I did not see the game. Whats the breakdown on how certain players played or how certain groups of 5 played. That's what is important.