PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen Voice Mail

ShotgunDawg
11-01-2017, 03:55 PM
https://twitter.com/radiowyatt/status/925827889978736640

Don?t complain about losing your coach at some point if you don?t show the commitment to build a national title caliber program.

This team has earned it!

Bucky Dog
11-01-2017, 04:00 PM
I just received a call from Coach Mullen, obviously a pre-recorded call through the athletic department, urging me and every Dog fan to be at the game this Saturday. He said he is excited about this team and we have 3 of our last 4 games at Home. He asked that we fill the stadium this Saturday and knows that it is at 11:00 and it?s UMass, but our team and his staff needs and deserves our support!!

Get your asses to Starkville Saturday morning. Back this team and no excuses!!

confucius say
11-01-2017, 04:00 PM
And if you can't make it, give (not try to sell) your tix to people who can use them. In every town, there is a family/kids/ group of people who would take and use those tix.

confucius say
11-01-2017, 04:03 PM
I'll be there.

But if you can't, give your tix (not sell) to people who will use them. There are lots of people who never have the chance to go to games and would love the experience. Especially kids.

fccee1
11-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Just got a recorded call from Dan asking for us to pack DWS Saturday.

Kind of caught me off guard.

Bucky Dog
11-01-2017, 04:08 PM
I'll be there.

But if you can't, give your tix (not sell) to people who will use them. There are lots of people who never have the chance to go to games and would love the experience. Especially kids.

Great point, if not you make sure someone is in your seat!

Jack Lambert
11-01-2017, 04:08 PM
There will be that lazy shit of bird fan who will rather sleep in, sit in the air condition and watch it on TV no matter what anyone says. I have never understood spending the money on season tickets and no one being in that seat. The two who sit next to me are not cumming (coming) but they offered me their tickets and my son is bringing two friends.

If you are too lazy or can't go for a good reason give your tickets to someone. Hell give them 20 bucks for gas.

By the way they are a young married couple, I think they are cumming but not coming.

Liverpooldawg
11-01-2017, 04:14 PM
No excuse for not having your seats filled for this one. if you can't make it GIVE your tickets to someone who can.

MetEdDawg
11-01-2017, 04:19 PM
These are instances where I wish I lived closer with my family. I love living in Bham metro, but with a 3 year old and an 8 month old it's virtually impossible to make that trip. That's why we've held off on buying season tickets. It sucks but a game like this one would be good to bring them to if it were closer.

Maroonthirteen
11-01-2017, 04:24 PM
Like I said, there are a lot tickets on the secondary market. I am laughing at these people asking face value ($35-50). They'll be lucky to get $10 or even give them to someone willing to get up and go.

That's not a knock against State....more so our "fans".

confucius say
11-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Like I said, there are a lot tickets on the secondary market. I am laughing at these people asking face value ($35-50). They'll be lucky to get $10 or even give them to someone willing to get up and go.

That's not a knock against State....more so our "fans".

Cheap bastards. It's not worth selling them for 10 bucks. Tell them to just give people the tix to people.

Statecoachingblows**
11-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Upper level for $2 on vivid seats.

Lord McBuckethead
11-01-2017, 04:42 PM
I was considering not going to the game. Now I have to go.

Political Hack
11-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Early games against crap opponents during hunting season have always been an issue. I think that's fairly common throughout the southeast and Midwest.

Dawgology
11-01-2017, 04:50 PM
I’m taking four. Dragging my kids along also because it’s the kind of game you make a point of doing that at.

dmdezigns
11-01-2017, 04:55 PM
We just traveled from Atlanta to Ar to see my grandparents who were transferred to a nursing home in the last week. Doesn't look like we'll have them much longer. Grandpa's 90th bday is friday.

We're leaving here friday afternoon to head to Starkville for the game. :-)

We're going to miss the Bama game for my son's birthday party but we've already given our tickets and gridiron passes to bulldog fans. Hopefully they'll yell loud for us.

Bucky Dog
11-01-2017, 05:01 PM
Early games against crap opponents during hunting season have always been an issue. I think that's fairly common throughout the southeast and Midwest.

Not being a dick but we have 7 games. How many other days are there to hunt?

dmdezigns
11-01-2017, 05:04 PM
These are instances where I wish I lived closer with my family. I love living in Bham metro, but with a 3 year old and an 8 month old it's virtually impossible to make that trip. That's why we've held off on buying season tickets. It sucks but a game like this one would be good to bring them to if it were closer.

If you can swing Gridiron Club passes - you could do it. This is our 4th season. They are now 5 and almost 4.

When we started my son was not quite 1, and my daughter was 2. The gridiron works for us because they still don't do well sitting in the seats. We can get out of the heat when we need to. And they have learned how to be at a game. We take turns taking a kid out to watch. So, hubs will watch 2 possessions with one kid and then I'll go out and watch 2 possessions. I bring a few toys and coloring for entertainment. When they were younger, we'd stake out a spot by the O's, sit on them and put the youngest in the middle to contain him. lol. The club has made it where we can bring them.

Last year, they both loved being outside most of the game. My son would stand at the rail and just watch. (Remember it's field level in the endzone). This year we've been tailgating with them too. I can't say enough about how great an experience this has been for our family. Being able to share this together, is something we all enjoy. They love Bully, the cheerleaders, the band and when the players come by after a win. I love that they know the fight song. I love watching them ring a cowbell. And I love that we're passing on a love of the game and State.

We used the orange squishy earplugs when they were little to protect hearing and they got used them.

Bothrops
11-01-2017, 05:57 PM
60K in stadium or he gone**

Commercecomet24
11-01-2017, 06:02 PM

Is that paid or actual?****

TXDawg
11-01-2017, 06:34 PM

Bama would have 100K+ in the seats for this game. As would LSU. Auburn, and Georgia would be at 85%+ capacity. No excuse to not be there if you're within driving distance (or at least give your tickets to someone who will go). We need butts in the seats this weekend.

raymond21
11-01-2017, 06:36 PM

Name one SEC school who would fill their stadium for this game. Not LSU, not Bama, not Florida, not Tenn; if our stadium is 75% full, we should be thrilled

StoneDawg
11-01-2017, 06:38 PM
If you?re at the game start Dan Mullen chant.

Bothrops
11-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Name one SEC school who would fill their stadium for this game. Not LSU, not Bama, not Florida, not Tenn; if our stadium is 75% full, we should be thrilled

Yeah I was kidding

Bucky Dog
11-01-2017, 07:25 PM
I’m not expecting 60K. I believe there is no reason that we shouldn’t have 50K. Look, the majority of season ticket holders and fans that go to games live within 2 hours of Starkville. So anyone from Jackson to Meridian, up to Corinth and Tupelo and over to Greenwood and even Greenville have no excuse!! My wife and I are going to leave at 8 with big Yeti full of Bloddy Mary. Get to our tent before 10 and have another drink. Go into the game, stand up and yell for Dan and the Dogs as they come on the field and show our appreciation for them.

My thoughts are we can be up by 3 scores at half and watch us execute through the third to be up by 4 or more scores. Watch our second unit get snaps then head to the tailgate for late lunch, mix another drink and be back home to catch the second half of LSU Bama. The weather is going to be great and we have ZERO excuses. Come on fans, do not disappoint Dan and the Dogs!

RocketDawg
11-01-2017, 07:28 PM
I’m not expecting 60K. I believe there is no reason that we shouldn’t have 50K. Look, the majority of season ticket holders and fans that go to games live within 2 hours of Starkville. So anyone from Jackson to Meridian, up to Corinth and Tupelo and over to Greenwood and even Greenville have no excuse!! My wife and I are going to leave at 8 with big Yeti full of Bloddy Mary. Get to our tent before 10 and have another drink. Go into the game, stand up and yell for Dan and the Dogs as they come on the field and show our appreciation for them.

My thoughts are we can be up by 3 scores at half and watch us execute through the third to be up by 4 or more scores. Watch our second unit get snaps then head to the tailgate for late lunch, mix another drink and be back home to catch the second half of LSU Bama. The weather is going to be great and we have ZERO excuses. Come on fans, do not disappoint Dan and the Dogs!

Who's driving (with all the alcohol consumption)?

I'm almost 4 hours away. Not going to make this one.

Bass Chaser
11-01-2017, 07:43 PM
https://twitter.com/radiowyatt/status/925827889978736640

Don?t complain about losing your coach at some point if you don?t show the commitment to build a national title caliber program.

This team has earned it!

Aren?t you boycotting this game because of the 11 am kick?

Jack Lambert
11-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Bama would have 100K+ in the seats for this game. As would LSU. Auburn, and Georgia would be at 85%+ capacity. No excuse to not be there if you're within driving distance (or at least give your tickets to someone who will go). We need butts in the seats this weekend.

But they would also mortgage their trailers to buy a ticket. Nothing dumber then a Bamer in November.

Bucky Dog
11-01-2017, 07:55 PM

I drive up, she drives home. She’s the responsible one!

LC Dawg
11-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Do any of you local guys know if there is a boys and girls club or something similar in starkville that tickets could be donated to that would go to kids who want to go to games? I don?t have tickets but it would be nice to have somewhere to recommend people send tickets they don?t want. I would give money to help with parking if it was needed.

dickiedawg
11-01-2017, 08:07 PM
FYI, Gridiron passes for 4 will run you $3k/season. There are a lot of families with young children that can't do that.

dmdezigns
11-01-2017, 08:11 PM
FYI, Gridiron passes for 4 will run you $3k/season. There are a lot of families with young children that can't do that.

That's true, and why I said if you can swing it. It's made the difference for us and a number of families I see in the club, but I know it doesn't work for everyone.

Howboutdemdogs
11-01-2017, 08:24 PM
I'm there with the whole family, rain or shine!

Maroonthirteen
11-01-2017, 08:36 PM
Do any of you local guys know if there is a boys and girls club or something similar in starkville that tickets could be donated to that would go to kids who want to go to games? I don?t have tickets but it would be nice to have somewhere to recommend people send tickets they don?t want. I would give money to help with parking if it was needed.

I'd buy 10 of those $10 tickets if someone knew of a church group or etc That would go and use them.

Maroonthirteen
11-01-2017, 08:42 PM
We need to do everything we can to get people to the games. But yeah, aTm had a lot of empty seats last week. Bama had a number of the end zone upper deck seats empty for a few games this year. I know an OM fan that can't give his tickets away. It's every school.

RougeDawg
11-01-2017, 09:02 PM
That's true, and why I said if you can swing it. It's made the difference for us and a number of families I see in the club, but I know it doesn't work for everyone.

So are you the SOB?s allowing their children to run rampant in there like it?s a daycare? Shit, I have 5 gridiron passes and expect to spend a day relaxing away from crumb snatchers throwing GD foodballs and running into me with a full mixed drink. The gridiron is not a daycare and I know more than a handful of people who?ve had them, like me, from day one and have written emails to Shelli a couple times this year about stopping the BS. People don?t pay that type of money to be annoyed by kids running around like Tasmanian Devils.

RougeDawg
11-01-2017, 09:09 PM

I?m 4.5 hours away without any traffic slow downs whatsoever. Couple that in with late work on most Fridays, 11 am, and 0.000000 available hotel rooms in Starkville short of selling a kidney. Starkville does not have he population close by nor the infrastructure to feasibly fill a stadium against a UMass at 11 am. We are so far behind almost every other school as far as affordable places to stay and accommodations, it may take another couple decades to get 60k+ fans on a consistent basis for 11 am shit OOC games. Just not feasible and worth killing yourself after killing yourself all week at work.

Either way someone else is using my 8 tickets.

Saladin
11-01-2017, 09:23 PM
I am looking for 3 tickets if anyone has some they are wanting to sell.

Maroonthirteen
11-01-2017, 09:35 PM
I am looking for 3 tickets if anyone has some they are wanting to sell.

Serious?

Vivid, Stubhub and a couple of Facebook tickets exchanges....tickets are everywhere

JoseBrown
11-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Man, I haven’t been to one yet this year. After reading all these posts I’m going to try to drive my lazy ass up there. Since I’ve had to give up my season tix, I’ve never had a problem finding Tix up there. If I make it, it will be the first time I’ll be minus one in a long time..

Bucky Dog
11-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Man, I haven’t been to one yet this year. After reading all these posts I’m going to try to drive my lazy ass up there. Since I’ve had to give up my season tix, I’ve never had a problem finding Tix up there. If I make it, it will be the first time I’ll be minus one in a long time..

Where are you driving from and how many tickets do you need? This is what we need to do on EliteDawgs. Find out who has tickets and who wants to go and let's hook each other up. I may have two with me if anyone wants to PM me

Dawgbite
11-02-2017, 07:42 AM
So are you the SOB?s allowing their children to run rampant in there like it?s a daycare? Shit, I have 5 gridiron passes and expect to spend a day relaxing away from crumb snatchers throwing GD foodballs and running into me with a full mixed drink. The gridiron is not a daycare and I know more than a handful of people who?ve had them, like me, from day one and have written emails to Shelli a couple times this year about stopping the BS. People don?t pay that type of money to be annoyed by kids running around like Tasmanian Devils.

My wife said the same thing about the scoreboard club last game. I hadn't noticed it until she pointed it out but there were crumb snatchers running everywhere. Looked more like Chucky Cheese Hell than a football club level.

Duckdog
11-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Not being a dick but we have 7 games. How many other days are there to hunt?

there aren't enough days to hunt

32 Dive
11-02-2017, 10:50 AM
This isn't a "Woe is me" statement... But working in the Hospitality industry, having to work every Saturday, and also having a son who concludes his six year Cross Country career this Saturday, makes me envious. I'm envious of the great majority of folks who work during the week, and have the opportunity to schedule any State event they choose. Making it to only one Football game, every 2-3 years is brutal (Syncing work schedule, with cross country meets, and State's football schedule is surprisingly difficult). At least after this year, I'll be able to schedule vacation around 1-2 home games every year. I'm not even mentioning distance. I'm in Gulfport, and do NOT consider that an obstacle. I gladly would leave here at 5:30 am, for an 11:00 game. Excuse my rant...

We all have our reasonable priorities in life. But to hear about people not wanting to go, because the opponent is not good enough to make a short trip, makes me shake my head. Not to judge, but I'd love the opportunity to even consider that as an option.

JoseBrown
11-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Where are you driving from and how many tickets do you need? This is what we need to do on EliteDawgs. Find out who has tickets and who wants to go and let's hook each other up. I may have two with me if anyone wants to PM me

I’m in Madison. Prolly will just need one for me, possibly two if need be.

RocketDawg
11-02-2017, 03:56 PM
I just gave mine away so my seats won't be empty this weekend.

Dawgbite
11-02-2017, 06:21 PM

Rocket, you can call the ticket office and have your tickets transferred to someone else. Give them the name and the other person can pick them up at will call Saturday with an ID. I have done this both ways and it works pretty easy. Don't waste that wonderful buffet in club level.

Dawgbite
11-02-2017, 06:22 PM
I just gave mine away so my seats won't be empty this weekend.

Sorry missed your last post!