PDA

View Full Version : Solid article with a list of future sec coaches

Apoplectic
11-01-2017, 12:04 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/first-10-florida-next-coach-perfect-fit-comes-first-starts-offense/

Looking like Frost is UF top pick

BulldogDX55
11-01-2017, 12:35 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/first-10-florida-next-coach-perfect-fit-comes-first-starts-offense/

Looking like Frost is UF top pick

That article sucks, and as usual, can't resist taking shots at us.

D. Say goodbye to Dan Mullen. He was only a fallback candidate in case the Gators couldn?t get who they wanted. But after his wife publicly complained about how unwelcoming and difficult it was to coach in Gainesville when Mullen was on Urban Meyer?s staff, Mullen?s chances of landing the job are all but zero. The last thing any school with an opening wants is a coach who already is high maintenance (see: Mullen), with a spouse who isn?t happy being there.

I need to get better about not clicking on SDS. I unfollowed them on facebook and twitter awhile ago for a reason.

msstatelp1
11-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Didn't take it as a shot at us cause I don't think Dan was ever their first choice. The press made a big deal of the Dan/Loafers connection but FL never indicated he was even on their list.

thf24
11-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Didn't take it as a shot at us cause I don't think Dan was ever their first choice. The press made a big deal of the Dan/Loafers connection but FL never indicated he was even on their list.

Maybe it wasn't intentional (50/50) but it made it sound like a foregone conclusion that he would be gone if Florida wanted him.

BulldogDX55
11-01-2017, 01:33 PM
Maybe it wasn't intentional (50/50) but it made it sound like a foregone conclusion that he would be gone if Florida wanted him.

This. The way that is phrased it makes it sound like Dan really wants the job, but he won't be considered for it because he is high maintenance and his wife trashed Gainesville. Whatever they have to post to sleep at night, I guess.

Frost will be a good hire for them, but I don't know if they'd want to take someone who would likely leap to Nebraska if given the chance, and that is a job that could come open this off season too.

1bigdawg
11-01-2017, 01:40 PM
One the supposed problems with Mac was that he had only been a head coach for two years prior to getting to Florida. Frost has been a head coach for ..... two years.?.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-01-2017, 01:55 PM
This. The way that is phrased it makes it sound like Dan really wants the job, but he won't be considered for it because he is high maintenance and his wife trashed Gainesville. Whatever they have to post to sleep at night, I guess.

Frost will be a good hire for them, but I don't know if they'd want to take someone who would likely leap to Nebraska if given the chance, and that is a job that could come open this off season too.

You think Nebraska can pay as much as Florida?? Ha! If I am Frost I would go for the money, coach 4-5 years at Florida then go back home and coach to retirement.

Howboutdemdogs
11-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Sounds to me that UF is butt hurt on not getting CDM, and they are just mouthing off. Too damn funny!

TrapGame
11-01-2017, 02:26 PM
17 those bastards.

Even with Frost we're gonna beat the shit outta them next season.

Jack Lambert
11-01-2017, 03:19 PM
17 those bastards.

Even with Frost we're gonna beat the shit outta them next season.

It will be a 11:00 kick off thanks to that sorry ass team.