PDA

View Full Version : One of Tennessee's finest Todd Helton's last home game in Denver...

RougeDawg
09-26-2013, 01:28 AM
He went out with a bang. 2-3 with a HR and 2B. Peyton was also in attendance. Can tie this all into Mississippi State, because Helton was injured against us his Junior season, and replaced by Peyton Manning. Helton went on to win the Dick Howser Trophy the next baseball season. Strange how all of these things work themselves out. Tennessee is never hurting for athletes, as Helton was a Knoxville native.

Baseball is my favorite sport and wanted to make sure Helton's career and retirement wasn't overlooked during the football season.

Todd4State
09-26-2013, 01:36 AM
I was at the MSU/Tennessee football game. I'm probably one of the few people that can say that they have seen Helton play baseball and football. A lot of people also forget that Helton pitched in college as well as playing first base.

RougeDawg
09-26-2013, 01:41 AM
Always enjoyed watching him play the game of baseball. He played the game hard and with integrity. Saw him play a few games against the Astros in Houston. Always had the same quiet swing.

Hate to say those football games were before my time of attending.

RBritt
09-26-2013, 06:22 AM
Helton has been a great guy showing Corey Dickerson the ropes in pro baseball. He did a rehab stint in Casper when Corey was there and he has kept in touch with him all the way to the bigs. Only heard great things about Todd Helton. Glad he bowed out at home like he did last night.