PDA

View Full Version : The delusions of SEC fans....

DogsofAnarchy
10-31-2017, 01:55 PM
never cease to amaze me. The arrogance of a few of these programs is absolutely off the chain. Tenn, UF and A&M are going to find out that hiring an absolute winner is tough when you are not realistic about the type of program you are. Did LSU have an easy time hiring a coach? The reason I don?t mention OM is because their psychosis knows no bounds. Not Bo Bounds but NO bounds.

Goodness people need to chill out.

TrapGame
10-31-2017, 02:03 PM
If it were as easier as it seems Florida and Tennessee would have been back to powerhouses by now.

Jack Lambert
10-31-2017, 02:29 PM
FL will have a easier time finding a coach then Tenn and A&M because they don't have to face Bama every year and what else sucks for Tenn is they have the possibility of having to face Bama twice to win the SEC.

LC Dawg
10-31-2017, 02:35 PM
In the last 15 years:

- Florida has had 4 coaches and the best one, with 2 NCs, quit because of the pressure.
- UT has had 4 coaches and ran off the one that won 75% of his games.
- MSU had 3 coaches and the best one (in this time period) has been allowed to build his program going on 9 years and including 2 losing seasons - one of which came in year 8.

You may have a better chance of winning a NC at the above two schools (doubtful at UT) but you also have a much greater chance of being unemployed after a few years even if you are not immediately successful. I think many of these SEC programs need to realize a lot of schools outside the SEC have caught up to them and they are going to have to lower their expectations some. Alabama is the same way and would probably be in this list if they had not hired Saban.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2017, 02:47 PM
never cease to amaze me. The arrogance of a few of these programs is absolutely off the chain. Tenn, UF and A&M are going to find out that hiring an absolute winner is tough when you are not realistic about the type of program you are. Did LSU have an easy time hiring a coach? The reason I don?t mention OM is because their psychosis knows no bounds. Not Bo Bounds but NO bounds.

We have been there too....in basketball.

BB30
10-31-2017, 03:43 PM
We have been there too....in basketball.

Completely different... Had we not fired Stans our program would have still continued to decline.

Mimi's Babies
10-31-2017, 04:34 PM

People want INSTANT GRATIFICATION. I see it in the class room. The children are not taught patience. Most likely, the big dollar alumni built their empires over the years. But sometimes I wonder that the very impatient alumni was given theirs as an Inheritance.

War Machine Dawg
10-31-2017, 04:37 PM
Completely different... Had we not fired Stans our program would have still continued to decline.

Amazing that a certain faction will never acknowledge this simple fact. That said, let's not turn this into another shit show thread on Stanz.

Dawgcentral
10-31-2017, 04:55 PM
Folks need to contemplate where Bama might be now had Saban enjoyed and been effective as an NFL coach. Sure they might have found someone capable, but then again they may have gone through a couple of Shulas in the last decade.

Everything changes, but there’s a reason CDM mentioned how happy he is with Cohen and Keenum at yesterday’s press conference.

I’m not concerned in the least.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2017, 05:09 PM

That's exactly what they are saying.

Reason2succeed
10-31-2017, 05:11 PM
People want INSTANT GRATIFICATION. I see it in the class room. The children are not taught patience. Most likely, the big dollar alumni built their empires over the years. But sometimes I wonder that the very impatient alumni was given theirs as an Inheritance.

They built their empires independently. In a fanbase the groupthink becomes absurd. No one would run their own business like most programs are run.