PDA

View Full Version : UT Rumor

WinningIsRelentless
10-31-2017, 12:00 PM
Word going around the coaching rank is Jimbo Fisher has strong interest in the UT job.

This is really interesting considering Butch buyout will be close to 8.5 million plus his assistants buyouts. The real kicker is Jimbos only buyout is the salaries of his assistants he doesn't retain at his new job.

If this were to happen look for Sexton to push his other client (Joey Freshwater) for the FSU job.

msstate7
10-31-2017, 12:03 PM
Word going around the coaching rank is Jimbo Fisher has strong interest in the UT job.

This is really interesting considering Butch buyout will be close to 8.5 million plus his assistants buyouts. The real kicker is Jimbos only buyout is the salaries of his assistants he doesn't retain at his new job.

If this were to happen look for Sexton to push his other client (Joey Freshwater) for the FSU job.

I would be surprised if Lane got that job. I would be more worried about Mullen to FSU than tenn or Florida to be honest

Political Hack
10-31-2017, 12:08 PM
If Jimbo goes to UT, I'll start to worry.

Quaoarsking
10-31-2017, 12:12 PM
Mark Stoops to FSU? Assuming they don't crash and burn in November, his resume at Kentucky will look pretty good.

parabrave
10-31-2017, 12:13 PM
Is UTENN or for that matter any other school considering the Memphis State coach? I think he has a good job there.

AlSwearengen
10-31-2017, 12:23 PM
Will Megan be happy buying groceries in Destin? Or is the FSU base less phychotic than Florida/Tennessee?

Cooterpoot
10-31-2017, 12:24 PM
Jimbo's not leaving FSU for TN.

GreenheadDawg
10-31-2017, 12:27 PM

I 2nd this

Jack Lambert
10-31-2017, 12:32 PM

If he wanted in the SEC he would have taken the LsU job.

missouridawg
10-31-2017, 12:55 PM

Me too. I believe FSU called Mullen last year when LSu flirted with him briefly. I do not want Jimbo to leave. His buyout is massive but he could obviously waive it if he really wanted out.

Johnson85
10-31-2017, 12:58 PM

Is Jimbo a UT alum or something? Why in the world would he leave FSU for the UT job? Are FSU people already trying to chase him out?

TrapGame
10-31-2017, 01:04 PM
Jimbo might wait for O to implode at LSU but I doubt he really wants the jump at the Tennessee job.

missouridawg
10-31-2017, 01:07 PM
Is Jimbo a UT alum or something? Why in the world would he leave FSU for the UT job? Are FSU people already trying to chase him out?

Why would a Urban Meyer leave the two time national champion UF job? Sometimes situations sour. And FSU is going through a very sour year.

Another story.... how many of you would want a 2012 Johnny Manziel as your college teams’ QB? I know a personal friend of Sumlin who talks with Sumlin regularly. After Manziel left, Sumlin states how happy he was that Manziel was no longer his problem. And if you look at the undisciplined nature of aTm since... it becomes clear that Manziel was given so much freedom because of his talent that it allows the program to unravel somewhat.

Don’t let the name on the jersey fool you, some of those jobs come with major stress. One of the biggest reasons Mullen might stay here is the quality of life aspect of coaching. 8-4 pays $4.5mil here and allows your family to live a normal life. 8-4 at UF, UT, or FSU gets you fired before your first QB recruit is a rsJR.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2017, 01:09 PM

Where did you hear this rumor?

Ari Gold
10-31-2017, 01:17 PM
If Jimbo leaves FSU for UT I will be totally shocked. And yes Mullen to FSU would be very likely.

MrKotter
10-31-2017, 01:17 PM

No joke. It?s one thing to throw something somewhat believable against the wall to see if it sticks but this? Child please

BHildreth3
10-31-2017, 01:25 PM
My biggest worry is that if Mullen leaves, does he take Grantham with him?

Outside Dawg
10-31-2017, 01:26 PM
Its hard to imagine Jimbo leaving FSU for UT, but he's been there a long time. Sometimes messages get stale after 10 or so years, and you just need a change. The right time to bounce might be after a losing season.

gtowndawg
10-31-2017, 01:33 PM
Is UTENN or for that matter any other school considering the Memphis State coach? I think he has a good job there.

If Arkansas cans Bert, that is their guy.

WinningIsRelentless
10-31-2017, 01:38 PM

Friends within the coaching industry. You take the bad year he is having plus going through a divorce pretty recently and it makes sense. Sometimes you don't know the true feeling of a fans base towards you till a bad season. And they are having a really bad season.

Then you add to the equation what Dabo is doing at Clemson and Petrino at Louisville, his path to the Acc championship. Plus you have Mark R who they play every year at Miami turning that program around.

His path to the playoff looks a lot easier now in the SEC East than it does in the ACC or the SEC West for that matter.

TrapGame
10-31-2017, 01:39 PM
My biggest worry is that if Mullen leaves, does he take Grantham with him?

He'd be crazy if he didn't but Grantham said he wanted to wait until his son graduates before moving on. That leads me to think Mullen has already told Grantham the one job he'd leave State for ain't gonna be open anytime soon, if ever.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2017, 01:41 PM
Friends within the coaching industry. You take the bad year he is having plus going through a divorce pretty recently and it makes sense. Sometimes you don't know the true feeling of a fans base towards you till a bad season. And they are having a really bad season.

Then you add to the equation what Dabo is doing at Clemson and Petrino at Louisville, his path to the Acc championship. Plus you have Mark R who they play every year at Miami turning that program around.

His path to the playoff looks a lot easier now in the SEC East than it does in the ACC or the SEC West for that matter.

Yeah beating Saban twice looks easier than the ACC, LOL.

WinningIsRelentless
10-31-2017, 01:51 PM

[QUOTE=Liverpooldawg;827363]Yeah beating Saban twice looks easier than the ACC, LOL

I think you are missing the point. He has to beat both Dabo, Bobby and Mark to have a chance to make it to the ACC championship. You have just about a 0% chance to make it to the playoff without being in the conference championship game.

Jimbo feels he would have a better chance of at least making it to a conference championship game at UT vs. FSU.

And honestly Saban at the most has two or three years left. You can tell he is getting frustrated at all the rule changes he feels are directly related to him and to curb his success.

Hasu Dackds
10-31-2017, 01:56 PM
Only reason this might happen is due to his divorce. I still doubt it. He's got all the recruits he needs. Petrino is probably leaving Louisville after this season. Richt isn't unbeatable, neither is Dabo, especially after Venables leaves, which should be soon as well.

TrapGame
10-31-2017, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Liverpooldawg;827363]Yeah beating Saban twice looks easier than the ACC, LOL

I think you are missing the point. He has to beat both Dabo, Bobby and Mark to have a chance to make it to the ACC championship. You have just about a 0% chance to make it to the playoff without being in the conference championship game.

Jimbo feels he would have a better chance of at least making it to a conference championship game at UT vs. FSU.

And honestly Saban at the most has two or three years left. You can tell he is getting frustrated at all the rule changes he feels are directly related to him and to curb his success.

And this is in the back of Dan's mind too. When Saban is gone the pathway to winning the West gets a little easier. And no, the next coach at Bama will not be able to polish Saban's shoes. They will take a step back.

bulldawg28
10-31-2017, 02:00 PM
The pot sturrers are rising. I knew it wouldn't take long

Mjoelner34
10-31-2017, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=WinningIsRelentless;827366]

And this is in the back of Dan's mind too. When Saban is gone the pathway to winning the West gets a little easier. And no, the next coach at Bama will not be able to polish Saban's shoes. They will take a step back.

This! I think it's also why peanut head Finebaum keeps pimping Mullen for every job opening that's not in the SEC west.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-31-2017, 02:03 PM

No chance FSU hires Kiffin.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2017, 02:13 PM

Still easier than knocking of Saban twice.

yjnkdawg
10-31-2017, 02:13 PM

If Jimbo leaves. Willie Taggart could possibly be FSU's first choice.

WinningIsRelentless
10-31-2017, 02:14 PM
No chance FSU hires Kiffin.

I didn't say they would, I just said Sexton would push for him.

Cooterpoot
10-31-2017, 02:14 PM

See, now you're talking BS. Saban ain't going out in a couple years unless his health goes bad. He's said that much. He's planning to coach until he can't. But you "can tell he's getting frustrated"? LOL

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2017, 02:15 PM
The pot sturrers are rising. I knew it wouldn't take long

Yep. They are back. It’s all they have left.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-31-2017, 02:17 PM
Sometimes situations sour. And FSU is going through a very sour year.

You do remember Francois was injured and out for the year in first game right? Were looking at a 6-2, possible 7-1 FSU if that didnt happen.

missouridawg
10-31-2017, 02:41 PM
You do remember Francois was injured and out for the year in first game right? Were looking at a 6-2, possible 7-1 FSU if that didnt happen.

I do, but Francois is not the difference between 7-1 and 2-6. FSU has a lot more problems than just a healthy QB.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-31-2017, 02:51 PM
I do, but Francois is not the difference between 7-1 and 2-6. FSU has a lot more problems than just a healthy QB.

It is amazing how a healthy talented QB changes perceptions

yjnkdawg
10-31-2017, 02:53 PM
I do, but Francois is not the difference between 7-1 and 2-6. FSU has a lot more problems than just a healthy QB.\

Allegedly some coaches walked out of practice, some coaches have had their job duties changed. Some boosters, media, and fans want some major coaching changes, and nothing has been mentioned about Francois.

yjnkdawg
10-31-2017, 03:00 PM

Jimbo and the FSU football program had some problems before Francois got injured.

Martianlander
10-31-2017, 03:04 PM
Bobby Hall to Tennessee?***

missouridawg
10-31-2017, 03:25 PM

Was Francois going to prevent Boston College froms coring 35+ on them? Their OL is very leaky too.

Francois is great, but he isn’t the difference in 5 wins. 2 or 3? Sure. But not 5.

1bigdawg
10-31-2017, 03:27 PM
\

Allegedly some coaches walked out of practice, some coaches have had their job duties changed. Some boosters, media, and fans want some major coaching changes, and nothing has been mentioned about Francois.

This points out what a great job MSU is. While we have some boosters who want the appearance of influence (and actual influence when there is a turnover), generally coaches are left to perform and rewarded with stability if they do.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-31-2017, 03:32 PM
Was Francois going to prevent Boston College froms coring 35+ on them? Their OL is very leaky too.

Francois is great, but he isn?t the difference in 5 wins. 2 or 3? Sure. But not 5.

Yes. If he managed the game and time of possession keeping their offense off the field. If FSU got up on them say 21-0 in the first quarter then they might have hung it up. You never know

Perpetual Underachiever
10-31-2017, 04:04 PM

^^^ If I'm UT, this is my sales pitch.