PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something here...

msudawglb
10-31-2017, 10:56 AM
I know we stunk it up against Georgia, but I just don't think Bama is as good as Georgia. And Bama is at home.

Ok, so for the SEC West....

Bama - They lose to us and lose to Auburn (at Auburn so it's possible), they finish 6-2
LSU - They lose to Bama (very likely), they finish 6-2
Auburn - They lose to Georgia (very likely) and beat Bama (see above), they finish 6-2
MSU - win out, we finish 6-2

This all assumes that Texas A&M loses to LSU and Auburn. If A&M wins one of those 2 then that team would drop out of the 6-2 scenario. If A&M won both of those, then both teams would drop out of the scenario and A&M would enter it at 6-2.

With the scenario above (A&M losing to both LSU and Auburn), we all finish 6-2 and are tied with LSU, Auburn, and Bama. Head to head record amongst the four teams would be:

MSU: 2-1
LSU: 1-2
Auburn: 2-1
Bama: 1-2

Auburn wins the head to head with MSU, thus Auburn wins the SEC West.

So, we need A&M to help us out and beat Auburn this weekend.

If A&M beats Auburn this weekend and the rest above happens, then MSU would win the West.

Yes, there is a chance....slim, but a chance.

Jack Lambert
10-31-2017, 11:13 AM
There is always a chance that could happen but what I hoping for is a NY6 bowl game. We cannot get blown out by Bama.

Bucky Dog
10-31-2017, 11:13 AM
DO NOT GIVE BAMA ANY BULLETIN BOARD MOTIVATION!!!!
They’re going to kill us.
What is wrong with you????

BrunswickDawg
10-31-2017, 11:17 AM
Pass me a hit of some of what you got, must be some goooood shit.....

mstatefan91
10-31-2017, 11:20 AM
DO NOT GIVE BAMA ANY BULLETIN BOARD MOTIVATION!!!!
They’re going to kill us.
What is wrong with you????

Bama doesn't need it. They haven't needed it for several years now. It's just a media thing.

Srt201
10-31-2017, 11:21 AM
I know stats can used and misused and all of that. But look at the stats from the Alabama Texas AM game. It's pretty interesting

msudawglb
10-31-2017, 11:22 AM
Pass me a hit of some of what you got, must be some goooood shit.....

I would say that of all that I mentioned only one game is less than 50% possibility and that would be us beating Bama. I'd put that around 25%.

And agreed above...we must keep from getting blown out.

BrunswickDawg
10-31-2017, 11:30 AM
I would say that of all that I mentioned only one game is less than 50% possibility and that would be us beating Bama. I'd put that around 25%.

And agreed above...we must keep from getting blown out.

I will say one thing - what you describe was the SEC West in the mid to late 90s, and it was a helluva lot more fun then it is now. Yo never knew what was going to happen week to week and on any given Saturday anyone could win.

Joethedawg1
10-31-2017, 12:13 PM
...where you are getting that great shit to draw on...must be good....lol

QuadrupleOption
10-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Bama can stop our run game. We'll have a hard time scoring. I don't think they'll kill us but I look for it to be something along the lines of 2015 (31-0)

The Federalist Engineer
10-31-2017, 06:27 PM
Bama is much better than UGA, you cannot compare champions to the Frenchmen in Red