PDA

View Full Version : Early signing period

Lord McBuckethead
10-31-2017, 09:09 AM
Is the only reason "Mullen to _______" is a thing. Mullen directly commented on his personal reasons for staying yesterday during his presser. Instead of talking about Mullen to _______ lets talk about our recruits we have coming in. It's a good bunch and they are going to define the next 5 years of MSU along with Mullen.

IMissJack
10-31-2017, 09:11 AM
Well the only person that can shut it down is Mullen, and it would be hurting his own recruiting class.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2017, 09:16 AM
Well the only person that can shut it down is Mullen, and it would be hurting his own recruiting class.

He did pretty much shut it down yesterday. Somehow people never believe him.

yjnkdawg
10-31-2017, 09:25 AM

THIS - And he said it doesn't effect current players as they are pretty much used to it, but he had to reassure recruits because they haven't been through it. Those, in the media, with a ulterior motive against MSU or Mullen seem to be the instigators of this every year.

TrapGame
10-31-2017, 09:30 AM

Mullen has never been that direct about potential job openings. He's definitely trying to get out in front of this before it hurts this class.

He ain't going anywhere.

LC Dawg
10-31-2017, 09:30 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure what else he can do. This obviously won't shut the media up because they are just trying to stir up a story but it most definitely should stop the commentary of the State fans talking about Mullen leaving. The only thing State fans should be doing is letting Dan know how appreciated he is.

Johnson85
10-31-2017, 09:34 AM

I think some people just haven't heard his statements. I haven't heard them, but going off of what people have said he said, it sounds like he was a little less coy about it this time. Maybe people are just more willing to believe him though because it's much clearer that he would want to stay when he is set up for a big year in 2018.

Dawgtini
10-31-2017, 09:50 AM
I think the only thing that would shut this down completely is for MSU/Mullen to announce a new contract and extension. Will we?? Who knows, but that would be about the only thing that could effectively put a wet blanket on all the talk.

BrunswickDawg
10-31-2017, 10:17 AM
Sworn affidavit from Mullen or it didn't happen.***

LC Dawg
10-31-2017, 10:40 AM
I think the only thing that would shut this down completely is for MSU/Mullen to announce a new contract and extension. Will we?? Who knows, but that would be about the only thing that could effectively put a wet blanket on all the talk.

Unless the new contract has some crazy buyout figure it wouldn't shut down the talk. It would make us feel better but the media will still push their narrative.

MetEdDawg
10-31-2017, 10:56 AM
I've said it before, but it's not sexy for a good coach like Mullen to be at a school like ours. It doesn't drive ratings and it doesn't spark interest unless we win big games or do big things in recruiting. Since those happen more infrequently than at big schools, he's not an asset to them while at MSU. ESPN and others stand to gain significantly more viewership from a school like UT or UF by them hiring Mullen and having sustained success than by him staying at MSU and being pretty good.

Leroy Jenkins
10-31-2017, 11:35 AM
Mullen has never been that direct about potential job openings. He's definitely trying to get out in front of this before it hurts this class.

He ain't going anywhere.

Recruits have phones (hell if you are an OM recruit you probably have 2 or 3) I’m sure Dan has addressed the issue with them individually.