PDA

View Full Version : "If Mullen's gonna leave this is the year."

TrapGame
10-31-2017, 08:30 AM
Thanks Bo for proving you know absolutely nothing. Change your name to Jon Snow.

msstatelp1
10-31-2017, 08:32 AM
Change his name to Finebaum Jr.

KentuckyDawg13
10-31-2017, 08:46 AM
Amazing how many UK/UofL fans are asking me about Mullen leaving...the narrative has been spewed by the media clowns, now they will see it is all rubbish.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2017, 08:47 AM
I thought that was 2010......and 2014.......and 2015........yawn.

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2017, 09:01 AM
Bo hurting his home state again this morning.

Says there is a 60% chance Mullen leaves, which is absurdly ridiculous.

MSU has the advantage here. I don’t believe there is anymore than a 40% chance he leaves.

MafiaDawg
10-31-2017, 09:04 AM
For some reason Bo Bounds is really pushing Mullen to TN. He had no clue but just knows for a fact he will be offered the job and will take it. Guess he can't think of any other content for his show.

yjnkdawg
10-31-2017, 09:06 AM
Thanks Bo for proving you know absolutely nothing. Change your name to Jon Snow.

Godfrey and footballscoop are great sources on the whereabouts and where DM is heading.****

yjnkdawg
10-31-2017, 09:08 AM
For some reason Bo Bounds is really pushing Mullen to TN. He had no clue but just knows for a fact he will be offered the job and will take it. Guess he can't think of any other content for his show.

Because Finebaum says so, probably. (Another source***)

TrapGame
10-31-2017, 09:11 AM

He must have talked to Coach34 last night.

IMissJack
10-31-2017, 09:12 AM
It's called ratings.

yjnkdawg
10-31-2017, 09:13 AM
Why can't Finebaum become Bo's cohost and then Pawl would be bitching about living in MS. Change his show to "Around the SEC with Laura (Laura Rutledge) and Sam (Samantha Ponder)". Both know 100% more about SEC football than Pawl and a heck of a lot better to look at.

TrapGame
10-31-2017, 09:14 AM
Bo hurting his home state again this morning.

Says there is a 60% chance Mullen leaves, which is absurdly ridiculous.

MSU has the advantage here. I don’t believe there is anymore than a 40% chance he leaves.

Cohen is a coach's AD. OM a dumpster fire for the foreseeable future. A Class A defensive coordinator. A 5th yr senior QB (next yr) breaking SEC records. And we're aren't gonna call for his head if he only wins 9 games.

He ain't leaving for anything less than a ND or Penn State kinda job. Tennessee is shit right now. That's a major rebuild and they want to win the East NOW!!

Johnson85
10-31-2017, 09:21 AM

That's idiotic. (ETA: to clarify, Bo's statement that this is the year)

We are likely going to finish 9-3 this year. We are basically losing
(1) Rankin, who we have already shown we can play without,
(2) a few wide receivers that we will replace with better, if younger talent
(3) Harris, who may hurt depending on who we replace him with
(4) Jordan Thomas, who will hurt but not be terrible
(5) Cleveland and Durr, both of who are fairly replaceable.
(6) Potentially Sweat, which will be the only loss of a guy way above the average replacement player (well, along with Rankin, but we've already shown we have a good replacement for Rankin)

We are adding better wide receivers, which upgrades our biggest weakness. Our QB will get another year of learning. Our RBs, particularly Hill, will have another year to grow. We'll get all the JUCOs that were ruled ineligible for this year.

Schedule wise, we replace Georgia with a down Florida team from the east and we get Auburn at home and they have to replace 4 of their starting OL. The only game that should be clearly harder next year will be moving LSU to LSU and then we will replace BYU with at KSU.

For Mullen to leave, he will have to voluntarily leave before a season where he could easily be favored in 10 out of 12 games while playing in the SEC. I can't imagine that would be easy to do for anybody. Granted, there are going to be a lot of positions open this year, but the only real premier job coming open will be Florida, and that doesn't seem to be a fit. If there is "This is the year" moment, it's after 2018, not after this year.

msstate7
10-31-2017, 09:28 AM
It's called ratings.

Bo bounds show ON <OFF>

Do yourself a favor

yjnkdawg
10-31-2017, 09:30 AM
I just thought of something. If Bo really wants to know (if he actually does) what Dan wants to do then he should ask, Megan. :)

Tbonewannabe
10-31-2017, 09:41 AM

I am sure if TN throws enough money at Dan then he would leave but does anyone think that TN is going to pay Dan 8 - 10 million dollars? That is probably the number that would make it hard to stay at MSU otherwise the benefits of staying outweigh the headache that is the TN fanbase.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2017, 09:43 AM

(6) Potentially Sweat, which will be the only loss of a guy way above the average replacement player (well, along with Rankin, but we've already shown we have a good replacement for Rankin)

We are adding better wide receivers, which upgrades our biggest weakness. Our QB will get another year of learning. Our RBs, particularly Hill, will have another year to grow. We'll get all the JUCOs that were ruled ineligible for this year.

Schedule wise, we replace Georgia with a down Florida team from the east and we get Auburn at home and they have to replace 4 of their starting OL. The only game that should be clearly harder next year will be moving LSU to LSU and then we will replace BYU with at KSU.

For Mullen to leave, he will have to voluntarily leave before a season where he could easily be favored in 10 out of 12 games while playing in the SEC. I can't imagine that would be easy to do for anybody. Granted, there are going to be a lot of positions open this year, but the only real premier job coming open will be Florida, and that doesn't seem to be a fit. If there is "This is the year" moment, it's after 2018, not after this year.

This. Great post.

Tbonewannabe
10-31-2017, 09:50 AM

Mullen also laid a great foundation for this year. He now has the program where he could sustain this type of success. He is just now seeing the fruits of his labor and it would be stupid to leave before he fully benefits. If he is going to leave, it would probably be better to do it after next year or the year after. He also might want to put his stamp on MSU as his program. He will more than likely become the all time leader in wins next year along with possibly having his best team. If those WRs are instant impact then we might make a big run with everything we have coming back.

All this said, if TN throws crazy money at him then I might see him leaving. Although, their kids were born in Starkville and Megan loves the community and university. They also know that TN is liable to fire you just for losing to UF and Bama every year depending on the score.

BayouDawg
10-31-2017, 10:19 AM
Why can't Finebaum become Bo's cohost and then Pawl would be bitching about living in MS. Change his show to "Around the SEC with Laura (Laura Rutledge) and Sam (Samantha Ponder)". Both know 100% more about SEC football than Pawl and a heck of a lot better to look at.

Throw in Kayleigh Hartung while we're at it. Boy do I miss seein her on the secn. Thanks Joey Freshwater**

StoneDawg
10-31-2017, 10:30 AM
I?m done listening to Bo.

3rdGen
10-31-2017, 11:02 AM
17 BO!!!! I listened to that show for a few years now and I truly believe that he is trying to get away from MS harder than Mullen. He wants to turn himself into a national brand so bad that he is willing to push a bullshit narrative for ratings and run off fans from the place that made him what he is. Most MSU/OM(yeah I said OM, he been bashing your program as well lurkers) people will still listen and be ignorant enough to just tune in. I will not anymore. If you were an outside listener all you hear is a man putting down a state and programs that help pay his bills and if that is what it is then 17 him. I don't need him to pump sunshine where there is none but to make all these bullshit assumptions shows you just how much he is willing to risk sounding stupid for ratings and if I want to listen to stupid people make stupid predictions and statements I can turn on the pecker head monk.

all of that being said.... anyone got a podcast or some suggestion I can listen to in the morning while I get prepped for the day?

BayouDawg
10-31-2017, 11:20 AM
Yep and Jake is even worse than him. I say Jake is worse because Jake tries to act like he's an "expert" with his "analytics". Newsflash Jake, anybody can look at computer generated data and make educated guesses.

msstate7
10-31-2017, 11:24 AM
Yep and Jake is even worse than him. I say Jake is worse because Jake tries to act like he's an "expert" with his "analytics". Newsflash Jake, anybody can look at computer generated data and make educated guesses.
Jake has vandy qb as best in sec, right? Lol... clown

Bothrops
10-31-2017, 11:34 AM
* Hypothetically* Why would Mullen be interested in the actual Tennessee job? Does anyone see any coach winning the SEC there? Not me.

TrapGame
10-31-2017, 11:37 AM
* Hypothetically* Why would Mullen be interested in the actual Tennessee job? Does anyone see any coach winning the SEC there? Not me.

Florida and Tennessee have problems that are deeper than just "we haven't found the right coach yet." It's not like Butch forgot how to coach after leaving Cincinnati or McE forgot how to run an offense after leaving Colorado State. Those programs have serious cancers in them that are not the result of head coaching problems.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2017, 11:39 AM
Florida and Tennessee have problems that are deeper than just "we haven't found the right coach yet." It's not like Butch forgot how to coach after leaving Cincinnati or McE forgot how to run an offense after leaving Colorado State. Those programs have serious cancers in them that are not the result of head coaching problems.

Great points.

Cooterpoot
10-31-2017, 11:56 AM
Dan Mullen isn't going to be anyone's 2nd/3rd option like he'd be at TN.

msbulldog
10-31-2017, 11:56 AM

I'd damn sure watch that show.

Johnson85
10-31-2017, 11:57 AM

Tennessee is not a threat. Even if Mullen for some reason was dying to leave MSU right when he was about to return just about everybody from a like 9-3 squad, he'd have better options than Tennessee.

UT should naturally be on the same level as USCe, but their fans think they should be winning national championships. They don't have a good recruiting footprint and don't really have a ton of money compared to other SEC schools.

The only thing they have is they play in a weak SECE and they still have some rich alumni that remember the glory days even if recruits these days don't. That's certainly something, and it's something that would be enough to land a good coach if they correctly identify a good up and comer. But it's not good enough for them to poach an established Power 5 coach that is not in trouble with his current employer.

msbulldog
10-31-2017, 12:02 PM
Throw in Kayleigh Hartung while we're at it. Boy do I miss seein her on the secn. Thanks Joey Freshwater**

My 2nd cousin.

Political Hack
10-31-2017, 12:06 PM
If he was leaving, it would've been two years ago when there was some bad juju floating around the ath Dept. After Strick left, I think you'll be hard pressed to see CDM leave. He's got it made at State. I'm not saying it's impossible, but Florida and Tenn are two of the least likely landing spots for CDM should he ever choose to leave. Schools that would worry me: Notre Dame, Florida State, Texas, and maybe a few others.

If Mullen becomes the first SEC head coach to leave an SEC school for another SEC school in almost two decades, then I'll stand corrected. However, until it happens I still believe that it's not allowed. Here's what I know, for a fact: Tennessee came after Mullen following year 1 at State. The SEC shut it down before it got anywhere and said we won't be poaching each other's coaches in the SEC. It hasn't happened in 19 years. I know it's been blocked before, with Mullen. Until proven otherwise, SEC coaches cannot be hired away by other SEC schools.

msbulldog
10-31-2017, 12:09 PM
It would take a ballsy AD to throw 6M+ at a coach that went 6-7 last year. Cause if that coach don't work out. the AD is the first one that will be hung.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2017, 12:09 PM
I think Dan gets off on going against the grain and going against what the ?experts? think. His comments over the years, like when asked about a lower ranked recruiting class and he says not according to my rankings. After the Egg Bowl last year chewing on that cigar and gloating about Fitz only other offer was ?ut chattnooga?. He?s always talking about finding players that want to work hard and not prima donnas, says his program is not for everyone. He?s a maverick in that he doesn?t do what everyone thinks he should. I think he wants to show all these idiots that he can do what they say can?t be done. JMO opinion but that?s the way comes off to me.

ETA Dans a man of character and he would have to cheat his butt off at ut to get the recruits they want and I just don?t see him doing that. Those ut boosters will not settle for his 25th ranked classes.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2017, 12:16 PM
If he was leaving, it would've been two years ago when there was some bad juju floating around the ath Dept. After Strick left, I think you'll be hard pressed to see CDM leave. He's got it made at State. I'm not saying it's impossible, but Florida and Tenn are two of the least likely landing spots for CDM should he ever choose to leave. Schools that would worry me: Notre Dame, Florida State, Texas, and maybe a few others.

If Mullen becomes the first SEC head coach to leave an SEC school for another SEC school in almost two decades, then I'll stand corrected. However, until it happens I still believe that it's not allowed. Here's what I know, for a fact: Tennessee came after Mullen following year 1 at State. The SEC shut it down before it got anywhere and said we won't be poaching each other's coaches in the SEC. It hasn't happened in 19 years. I know it's been blocked before, with Mullen. Until proven otherwise, SEC coaches cannot be hired away by other SEC schools.

I been waiting to hear your opinion on this. Makes me feel better to hear this coming from you.

Tbonewannabe
10-31-2017, 12:20 PM
It would take a ballsy AD to throw 6M+ at a coach that went 6-7 last year. Cause if that coach don't work out. the AD is the first one that will be hung.

It would probably take north of 7M to get Dan. He is going to make over 5M at MSU where he has as much control over his program as any coach not named Nick Saban. Dan would have to realize that you still play Bama every year and he hasn't beaten them yet. UT would only take that loss for a couple of years before he gets run off like everyone else. Dan also realizes that the amount of pressure Urban was under at UF and probably realizes a couple million bucks isn't worth that kind of environment. Megan was talking about driving to Orlando to get groceries after not winning by enough, just image how bad it would be if your husband is the head man.

Political Hack
10-31-2017, 12:23 PM
I been waiting to hear your opinion on this. Makes me feel better to hear this coming from you.

Leadership has obviously changed, but I can't see them tossing 20 years of precedence in an offseason that could have ~6 jobs open up. It would turn into an absolutely circus.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2017, 12:27 PM
Leadership has obviously changed, but I can't see them tossing 20 years of precedence in an offseason that could have ~6 jobs open up. It would turn into an absolutely circus.

Agree completely. Talk about opening Pandora?s box. Total chaos

BrunswickDawg
10-31-2017, 12:35 PM
I think Dan gets off on going against the grain and going against what the ?experts? think. His comments over the years, like when asked about a lower ranked recruiting class and he says not according to my rankings. After the Egg Bowl last year chewing on that cigar and gloating about Fitz only other offer was ?ut chattnooga?. He?s always talking about finding players that want to work hard and not prima donnas, says his program is not for everyone. He?s a maverick in that he doesn?t do what everyone thinks he should. I think he wants to show all these idiots that he can do what they say can?t be done. JMO opinion but that?s the way comes off to me.

ETA Dans a man of character and he would have to cheat his butt off at ut to get the recruits they want and I just don?t see him doing that. Those ut boosters will not settle for his 25th ranked classes.

Agree totally. I think you saw a lot of that in video clips from the end of the 2014 Auburn win. Dan had just done what everyone said was impossible - build an MSU team that was knocking off Top 5 teams left and right to become #1, with a bunch of 3*s in Mississippi. The sideline reactions of the coaches, and in particular Dan, showed me that unless something really bad happened he was ours and we were his. I think the end of 2015 and a lot of the Miami/UGA/etc. mess was the result of Dan feeling 1) OM playing their recruiting game that Fall again and feeling they would never get hit; and 2) Strick not willing to invest off field and on field to become a real competitor. All those issues went away within a year between NOA 1, Tunsil, Strick to UF, Cohen's hire, and NOA 2. So now, with a base built, Dan is ready to go to the next level. Who knows, maybe that starts this year with a November surprise? Imagine what all the pundits would do IF we run the table, get some help from other teams, get a rematch in Atlanta and get some revenge? They will be shitting bricks. And Dan will just be chomping on that cigar....

Commercecomet24
10-31-2017, 12:41 PM
Agree totally. I think you saw a lot of that in video clips from the end of the 2014 Auburn win. Dan had just done what everyone said was impossible - build an MSU team that was knocking off Top 5 teams left and right to become #1, with a bunch of 3*s in Mississippi. The sideline reactions of the coaches, and in particular Dan, showed me that unless something really bad happened he was ours and we were his. I think the end of 2015 and a lot of the Miami/UGA/etc. mess was the result of Dan feeling 1) OM playing their recruiting game that Fall again and feeling they would never get hit; and 2) Strick not willing to invest off field and on field to become a real competitor. All those issues went away within a year between NOA 1, Tunsil, Strick to UF, Cohen's hire, and NOA 2. So now, with a base built, Dan is ready to go to the next level. Who knows, maybe that starts this year with a November surprise? Imagine what all the pundits would do IF we run the table, get some help from other teams, get a rematch in Atlanta and get some revenge? They will be shitting bricks. And Dan will just be chomping on that cigar....

Right on!

RougeDawg
10-31-2017, 12:51 PM
I am sure if TN throws enough money at Dan then he would leave but does anyone think that TN is going to pay Dan 8 - 10 million dollars? That is probably the number that would make it hard to stay at MSU otherwise the benefits of staying outweigh the headache that is the TN fanbase.

Dan is already making over $6 mil with his deals and we can match 8-10 mil. Why continue with these idiotic posts that recruits will read?

Why would a coach leave a program where he has and is calling most of the shots? To go to a program as goofy as the bearshart base but with a ton more money boosters who think they know football better than the AD or Coaches?

Some of you have to stop letting the Missittippi Tate attitude get in the way of logical thought. Any coach leaving a 5$5-7 mil low expectation gig for Tennessee deserved everything they get by going to one of the most out of touch fan bases in the nation. Dan would be more likely leave in a straight jacket after being committed to a mental institution than to take the Tenn gig. It would take mental disability of ?straight jacket? level for Dan to take that job.

Jesus Christ someone please lock and delete all of those asinine threads. It?s time for some early fall vacations for some of these posters as well. At least until after early signing period is over.

MagicDawg
10-31-2017, 01:08 PM
"If Mullen's gonna leave this is the year."

So this means Bo's saying that if Mullen stays, this nonsensical media whoring him out to every potential job opening will finally end? Can we get that in writing?

Percho
10-31-2017, 01:44 PM

I believe the ? should be; How much should we pay Dan?

BayouDawg
10-31-2017, 04:32 PM
My 2nd cousin.

Think you could hook a brotha up?

StoneDawg
10-31-2017, 05:28 PM
17 BO!!!! I listened to that show for a few years now and I truly believe that he is trying to get away from MS harder than Mullen. He wants to turn himself into a national brand so bad that he is willing to push a bullshit narrative for ratings and run off fans from the place that made him what he is. Most MSU/OM(yeah I said OM, he been bashing your program as well lurkers) people will still listen and be ignorant enough to just tune in. I will not anymore. If you were an outside listener all you hear is a man putting down a state and programs that help pay his bills and if that is what it is then 17 him. I don't need him to pump sunshine where there is none but to make all these bullshit assumptions shows you just how much he is willing to risk sounding stupid for ratings and if I want to listen to stupid people make stupid predictions and statements I can turn on the pecker head monk.

all of that being said.... anyone got a podcast or some suggestion I can listen to in the morning while I get prepped for the day?

Clay Travis podcast

Tbonewannabe
10-31-2017, 06:11 PM
Dan is already making over $6 mil with his deals and we can match 8-10 mil. Why continue with these idiotic posts that recruits will read?

Why would a coach leave a program where he has and is calling most of the shots? To go to a program as goofy as the bearshart base but with a ton more money boosters who think they know football better than the AD or Coaches?

Some of you have to stop letting the Missittippi Tate attitude get in the way of logical thought. Any coach leaving a 5$5-7 mil low expectation gig for Tennessee deserved everything they get by going to one of the most out of touch fan bases in the nation. Dan would be more likely leave in a straight jacket after being committed to a mental institution than to take the Tenn gig. It would take mental disability of ?straight jacket? level for Dan to take that job.

Jesus Christ someone please lock and delete all of those asinine threads. It?s time for some early fall vacations for some of these posters as well. At least until after early signing period is over.

Basically what I was saying. Dan would have to get Saban level money before leaving and he would have to understand that it more than likely would be a shitty 3-4 years before getting fired because he didn't win a National Title. Either UT or UF is going to go after Chip and they still won't be happy because it isn't Saban.

msbulldog
10-31-2017, 06:56 PM
Think you could hook a brotha up?

If I did, that might mean I'd be related to you! I'm not sure I want to go there.

Commercecomet24
10-31-2017, 07:00 PM
Basically what I was saying. Dan would have to get Saban level money before leaving and he would have to understand that it more than likely would be a shitty 3-4 years before getting fired because he didn't win a National Title. Either UT or UF is going to go after Chip and they still won't be happy because it isn't Saban.

This! I don?t know why people can?t understand this. To get Dan they would have to give him Saban type money. I love Dan but I don?t think hes earned a Saban type paycheck yet. Would one of these schools really be willing to pay him like Saban? I could be wrong but I just don?t see it happening.

BayouDawg
10-31-2017, 07:17 PM
If I did, that might mean I'd be related to you! I'm not sure I want to go there.

lol that's cold man