PDA

View Full Version : Stranger things season 2

Johnson85
10-30-2017, 10:08 PM
Anybody watching? And does it eventually get good? So far it's not measuring up to season 1 at all.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2017, 01:56 PM
We finished it last night. Loved it.

Your take is interesting, as my GF and I felt it held up just fine. It does have moments in a couple episodes where it drags, or the story gets a little wonky, but overall I really liked the character development and where they took the plot.

Johnson85
10-31-2017, 10:32 PM
We finished it last night. Loved it.

Your take is interesting, as my GF and I felt it held up just fine. It does have moments in a couple episodes where it drags, or the story gets a little wonky, but overall I really liked the character development and where they took the plot.

Still only a few episodes into it. First season to me had a much harder job of introducing and developing characters while still advancing the plot and it seems to do much better. But maybe I just don't remember how he first season developed and I'm just judging the second season compared to my feelings at the end of the first season.

BeardoMSU
10-31-2017, 10:49 PM
But maybe I just don't remember how he first season developed and I'm just judging the second season compared to my feelings at the end of the first season.

Yeah, that may be it. We made sure to watch the first season right before as a refresher.

BrunswickDawg
11-01-2017, 08:44 AM
Haven't started yet, hope to watch this weekend. First seasons are usually really good on well written shows because the writers develop a one season story arc - mainly because they don't know if they will have a 2nd season. That tends to make the 2nd season harder - because they have to start thinking about long term story arcs and end up stretching some storylines so that some episodes kind of plod along. That is something I have liked about Fargo - whole new cast, tangential story line tied to a larger universe, but each story line has just 10-12 episodes. Keeps everything fresh.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-01-2017, 11:17 AM
Anybody watching? And does it eventually get good? So far it's not measuring up to season 1 at all.
ha I thought season 1 sucked so it has vastly improved IMO.