PDA

View Full Version : OT: YouTube TV

Sundawg1974
10-30-2017, 02:16 PM
How does YouTube TV compare to other cable-cutting options. Saw ads during World Series last night.

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2017, 02:19 PM
Wondering this myself. It looks like you even have DVR options which would be great. I only watch a handful of shows now but MSU sports keeps me from completely cutting the cord. It looks like Youtube has all of ESPN including the SEC Network.

drunkernhelldawg
10-30-2017, 02:28 PM
Wondering this myself. It looks like you even have DVR options which would be great. I only watch a handful of shows now but MSU sports keeps me from completely cutting the cord. It looks like Youtube has all of ESPN including the SEC Network.

I cut back on my package and lost SECN and ESPNU. Not sure I can keept it off, especially with basketball starting up.

I got the Pluto TV app on my phone, which gives many free channels and movies. No DVR and no fast forward. Considering it anyway to save one or two thou a year. If I had any sense, I'd stop the bleeding now.

jumbo
10-30-2017, 02:54 PM
If I had any sense.

Solid post/username combo here

drunkernhelldawg
10-30-2017, 03:00 PM
Solid post/username combo here

you're welcome

yjnkdawg
10-30-2017, 03:14 PM
For us living in MS, it looks like we are out of luck for now. It is limited areas, and only the larger cities, like Memphis, Dallas,etc.

Dawgface
10-30-2017, 04:01 PM
Another thing is Google Chromecast or Apple Airplay is required for tv viewing. Not interested until you can use Roku or a Fire Tv box.

Dawg496
10-30-2017, 06:34 PM
I have it, it's fantastic. I flagged Mississippi State football and it auto records all games, same with cowboys. You can also do same with shows.

You can also put 6 people on one family account and watch from anywhere.