PDA

View Full Version : Injury update on Gray and Myles?

starkvegasdawg
10-30-2017, 01:04 PM
Saw a tweet from Gabe asking for prayers that this last game was not his last game.

gtowndawg
10-30-2017, 01:14 PM
Saw the same thing. Made me wonder.

Lord McBuckethead
10-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Mullen stated that Gabe reinjured his foot and is week to week. Hope he makes it back.
Gray took a shot to his thigh on that punt return. I believe he may have came back right at the end of the game, but I hope he is good for this Umass game but doesn't play much unless needed.
Rankin should be back, hopefully we only use him for a few snaps knocking off the rust and let the freshmen get more snaps.

Lord McBuckethead
10-30-2017, 01:26 PM
We do not discuss injuries. Get out.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2017, 01:57 PM
Rankin is back if we want to play him. Myles is done until at best, a bowl game. Gray getting an MRI.

TheRef
10-30-2017, 02:06 PM
Rankin didn't play so he could be 100% this week for a trial run. Myles is doubtful with a foot injury. Gray is getting an MRI for a groin injury. Dez Harris is good to go

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2017, 02:32 PM
Rankin didn't play so he could be 100% this week for a trial run. Myles is doubtful with a foot injury. Gray is getting an MRI for a groin injury. Dez Harris is good to go

How we have beaten teams with this group of WRs is amazing. Not only was it our weak spot on offense anyway but we then lose our experienced guys. Having Myles, Dear, and Gray all out, it is amazing that we don't have 11 in the box every play.

Jack Lambert
10-30-2017, 02:38 PM
How we have beaten teams with this group of WRs is amazing. Not only was it our weak spot on offense anyway but we then lose our experienced guys. Having Myles, Dear, and Gray all out, it is amazing that we don't have 11 in the box every play.

What helps is the zone read. Fits can run it, hand it off or throw it. Defenses never know what is coming. On empty back fields all Fitz has to do pull ball down, act like he is running it, then pop up and throw it to open WR that he fools the DB. Also having a 6 foot 5 250 pound WR helps.

TXDawg
10-30-2017, 02:40 PM
Mullen stated that Gabe reinjured his foot and is week to week. Hope he makes it back.
Gray took a shot to his thigh on that punt return. I believe he may have came back right at the end of the game, but I hope he is good for this Umass game but doesn't play much unless needed.
Rankin should be back, hopefully we only use him for a few snaps knocking off the rust and let the freshmen get more snaps.

Gray did take a shot on the punt return and did come back in the game. However, about three plays later (running play to the near side if you were watching on TV), he was split wide to the far side, got engaged and was blocking the CB on the far side. He and the CB ended up off camera, but when the camera panned up, Gray was writhing in pain on the ground. The MSU trainer came up and was talking to him and Gray was clutching the trainer's leg and in obvious pain. TV cut away to commercial, but never mentioned the injury when they came back or showed any replays (I guess they were too busy talking about liver smoothies). Gray did NOT return after that play.

RiverCityDawg
10-30-2017, 02:45 PM
Gray did take a shot on the punt return and did come back in the game. However, about three plays later (running play to the near side if you were watching on TV), he was split wide to the far side, got engaged and was blocking the CB on the far side. He and the CB ended up off camera, but when the camera panned up, Gray was writhing in pain on the ground. The MSU trainer came up and was talking to him and Gray was clutching the trainer's leg and in obvious pain. TV cut away to commercial, but never mentioned the injury when they came back or showed any replays (I guess they were too busy talking about liver smoothies). Gray did NOT return after that play.

He came in for the victory formation kneel downs and did the jumping shoulder bump with Fitz at the end. Doesn't mean he couldn't have a tear of some kind and not realize it, but does mean he wasn't completely immobilized.

Turfdawg67
10-30-2017, 02:51 PM

Maybe the group is getting better every week and not near as atrocious as many on this board have said... hmmm?

jumbo
10-30-2017, 02:53 PM
Gray is having an MRI today.

Myles is doubtful.

I would expect Rankin to play Saturday to get ready for Bama

TXDawg
10-30-2017, 02:57 PM
He came in for the victory formation kneel downs and did the jumping shoulder bump with Fitz at the end. Doesn't mean he couldn't have a tear of some kind and not realize it, but does mean he wasn't completely immobilized.

You're right. I just watched the end of the video on YouTube and he is in there. That said, even before the snap and especially on the jumping shoulder bump, he did not look 100%.

I tried to go find the running play where he got hurt. I believe it was in the 3rd quarter around the time they were talking about TAMU's fancy jerseys. Unfortunately, the "full game" video on YouTube only shows the final minute of the 3rd quarter.

BB30
10-30-2017, 02:59 PM
Eh, our tight ends have helped out a lot in the passing game both green and big boy have played really well the last couple of weeks and have created some solid mismatches. I love using the TEs.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Maybe the group is getting better every week and not near as atrocious as many on this board have said... hmmm?

I think they are getting better. It also helps that we are extremely physical team. From our OL to our QB to our RBs and our receivers, they are all extremely physical in everything they do. We are just lining up and playing smash mouth. Texas AM loaded the box just about all night and we still got 3,4,5 yards a carry with some bigger runs mixed in. It aint always pretty to everyone watching but I love that physical style. Couple that with Fitz passing enough to keep people honest, and its a pretty tough combo

bulldawg28
10-30-2017, 03:17 PM

Fitz is a badddddd man!