PDA

View Full Version : Mark Emmert article on publics opinion of NCAA

notsofarawaydawg
10-30-2017, 01:00 PM
LINK (http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/21227671/ncaa-president-mark-emmert-says-public-losing-confidence-governance-collegiate-athletics)

Bubb Rubb
10-30-2017, 01:28 PM
Cliff's Notes: Ole Miss is fricked.

Reason2succeed
10-30-2017, 02:54 PM
Mark Emmert to COI: StIck a fork in OM!!!

Commercecomet24
10-30-2017, 02:56 PM
Sounds like ole Mark and his posse are gonna release some pent up anger on someone.

TUSK
10-30-2017, 03:15 PM
Cliff's Notes: REC gonna do werk.

FIFY

redstickdawg
10-30-2017, 03:38 PM
I have no faith that the NCAA suddenly finds a pair of gonads. after seeing unc walk with a farce of an academic program and no lasting implications I'm convinced that this is just more BS from Emmert. minor sanctions is all that we can hope for at present, there is too much money involved and that drove the unc decision and will for tsun.

thf24
10-30-2017, 03:46 PM
I have no faith that the NCAA suddenly finds a pair of gonads. after seeing unc walk with a farce of an academic program and no lasting implications I'm convinced that this is just more BS from Emmert. minor sanctions is all that we can hope for at present, there is too much money involved and that drove the unc decision and will for tsun.

How many times is it going to have to be repeated that they did exactly the right thing in the UNC investigation? They didn't have a case because the classes in question were available to all students, not just athletes, therefore it wasn't an NCAA issue. UNC's case is not even remotely similar to OM's.

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2017, 05:02 PM
How many times is it going to have to be repeated that they did exactly the right thing in the UNC investigation? They didn't have a case because the classes in question were available to all students, not just athletes, therefore it wasn't an NCAA issue. UNC's case is not even remotely similar to OM's.

Yep, unless UM proves they cheated to get non athletes ACT passing grades and gave out cash and hookers to that liberal arts major then they are 17ed.

redstickdawg
10-30-2017, 05:27 PM
when was the last time that the ncaa handed out sanctions that caused you to say 'wow they really threw the book at them'? got far more than I expected. I'll hang up and listen.

msstate7
10-30-2017, 05:33 PM
when was the last time that the ncaa handed out sanctions that caused you to say 'wow they really threw the book at them'? got far more than I expected. I'll hang up and listen.

Usc... you know the last case that was even close to OM. They really aren?t that close though... OM is much worse