PDA

View Full Version : Color me shocked - Godfrey pens an article saying Mullen is 1a and 1b for Florida

louisvilledawg
10-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Would link it, but nah. Knew it was only a matter of time before he would write something like this.

His reasoning:

1) Mullen used to work with Stricklin
2) He used to work at Florida
3) Sexton is both McElwain's and Mullen's agent, therefore he didn't work hard trying to get a high buyout for Mc, when Mullen could be the next coach.

ShotgunDawg
10-30-2017, 10:59 AM
It’s just incredible to me how these guys are willing to sacrifice their own credibility and career to support their agenda

msstate7
10-30-2017, 11:03 AM
He really used your 3rd point? If so, he is incredibly dumb. What does Mullen have to do with getting a buyout for McE? As an agent, you do all you can for both clients.

Jack Lambert
10-30-2017, 11:09 AM
It's all about hurting the early signing period.

Coursesuper
10-30-2017, 11:13 AM
Any idiot who read twitter yesterday could have written the same article yesterday.

yjnkdawg
10-30-2017, 11:13 AM
And point No 4 , Godfrey is not an OM fan. Gotcha.... He is correct on points 1 and 2 when you delete reasoning as Dan did do that. Is footballscoop , Godfrey's source? Getting closer to December early sigining day, so when will footballscoop, with their OM insider infinite wisdom, tell the world where Dan is going to go? Megan does not approve Godfrey's message.

Liverpooldawg
10-30-2017, 11:25 AM

THIS. They start this crap every dang year and oblidge them by helping.

Pollodawg
10-30-2017, 11:26 AM
Did he make fun of any minorities or women? Maybe a gay joke somewhere?

Offshore Dawg
10-30-2017, 11:28 AM
Looks like he majored in connect the dots in kindergarten. I wish there was some way that these writers of trash could be fined or kicked in the nuts for false writing.

Bucky Dog
10-30-2017, 11:31 AM
Amazing how all people OM claim that Dan is a horrible coach who can’t win the big game and can’t recruit. Yet when any top job comes open he is all of a sudden the lead candidate and best fit. I’m assuming that hypocrisy runs deep in the family and was instilled purposely with their last coach.

Along these same lines, I was listening to espnU radio this morning and Pat Dooley from Gainesville Sun and his own Gatorr website responded to the question of who might be the next coach. He said Scott Frost or Mullen based on his past with Florida and working with Stricklin. Then he goes on to say if given that opportunity, I’m sure Dan would love to get out of Starkville!! You guys with twitter and all need to let this shit stick here it!!

TrapGame
10-30-2017, 11:47 AM

At this point it's a retarded chimp throwing feces.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-30-2017, 12:03 PM
You watch all these shitbirds, including Finebaum, jump up and down when Mullen does finally leave and say, I told you so!

Hey shitbirds...it?s too 17?n late for you to claim you were right. That ship sailed 3 years ago. You can?t continue to claim something is going to happen year after year after year and then say you were right. Doesn?t work that way.

1bigdawg
10-30-2017, 12:11 PM
I can understand writers connecting Mullen with Florida. He was the OC there, has been successful here and there is the Stricklin connection. That said, he isn't going to Florida. He had a hard time with Foley AND with some the their cigar boys who obviously know more about offensive football than he does.

I get burned up, though, when someone says he is leaving to go to Tennessee, A&M or any number of other jobs. He is not going anywhere other than possibly Notre Dame or the NFL. He has evolved beyond that. He has a chance to be our Bowden.

I believe Florida is going to have a hard time getting an established coach. They fired a coach after a) 2 1/2 seasons, who b) had won their division in both of complete seasons, c) despite multiple injury problems to key personal and d) losing a bunch of players to suspension for breaking NCAA rules. They are the fashionable thing to talk about right now because they actually have an opening and are a big time program. However, anyone considering the job is going to drill down and study the situation.

On a similar note, has Tennessee really offered Gruden the job without firing the existing head coach first?

msbulldog
10-30-2017, 12:18 PM
Don't forget Florida ran Urban (2 Natty) Myer off too.

fader2103
10-30-2017, 12:47 PM
And point No 4 , Godfrey is not an OM fan. Gotcha.... He is correct on points 1 and 2 when you delete reasoning as Dan did do that. Is footballscoop , Godfrey's source? Getting closer to December early sigining day, so when will footballscoop, with their OM insider infinite wisdom, tell the world where Dan is going to go? Megan does not approve Godfrey's message.

Football Scoop had to remind us all with this tid bit:

Florida: Brett McMurphy reports that Jim McElwain may only get $4 million of his $12.9 million buyout because of the “way he disclosed death threats and (McElwain’s) agent’s ties to other candidates.” McMurphy expands, noting a source told him “Sexton won’t fight it because it’s not in his best long-term interest” noting that Jimmy also represents Dan Mullen and other clients.

I mean couldn't they just note that Jimmy Sexton is an agent for many many coaches

Turfdawg67
10-30-2017, 01:05 PM
And at the end of all of this and Mullen is still our coach, Godfrey and all the Rebels will say no one wants him. It's like an old, worn out record.

Dawg61
10-30-2017, 01:16 PM
Godfrey

Who?

yjnkdawg
10-30-2017, 01:20 PM

Florida: Brett McMurphy reports that Jim McElwain may only get $4 million of his $12.9 million buyout because of the “way he disclosed death threats and (McElwain’s) agent’s ties to other candidates.” McMurphy expands, noting a source told him “Sexton won’t fight it because it’s not in his best long-term interest” noting that Jimmy also represents Dan Mullen and other clients.

I mean couldn't they just note that Jimmy Sexton is an agent for many many coaches

Well they could have said Nick Saban and other clients, but Dan Mullen sounds better in the scheme of things. Anything to help OM, or hurt us appears to be the agenda of that OM bunch.

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2017, 02:42 PM

Are they really saying that Jimmy Sexton convinced his client to take a smaller buyout because he might get a cut of the next coach's salary? 1. That is unethical in dealing with his current client 2. It isn't guaranteed that one of his clients will get the UF job.

That is completely moronic. If McElwain took a smaller buyout then it is probably because they have more shit on him than just lying about death threats and 17ing dead sharks.

Turfdawg67
10-30-2017, 02:57 PM
Who?

???

Steve Godfrey, the POS that is the subject of this thread.

Dawg61
10-30-2017, 03:11 PM
???

Steve Godfrey, the POS that is the subject of this thread.

https://i.imgflip.com/1ezj9a.jpg

GreenheadDawg
10-30-2017, 03:11 PM
Now some douche named Chris Hummer is pimping Mullen to Florida. This is EVERY. ****ING. YEAR

Dawg61
10-30-2017, 03:18 PM
Chris Hummer

Who?

DawgPoundtheRock
10-30-2017, 03:35 PM
Who?

Oh, damn. This is too funny.

GreenheadDawg
10-30-2017, 04:02 PM
Who?

Exactly.

Commercecomet24
10-30-2017, 04:04 PM
Hummer? With a name like Hummer hes got to be a unm alum

Turfdawg67
10-30-2017, 04:47 PM
Who?

Boy... hilarious

Todd4State
10-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Would link it, but nah. Knew it was only a matter of time before he would write something like this.

His reasoning:

1) Mullen used to work with Stricklin
2) He used to work at Florida
3) Sexton is both McElwain's and Mullen's agent, therefore he didn't work hard trying to get a high buyout for Mc, when Mullen could be the next coach.

1) And they don't like each other. Same with Dan and Foley. Why would someone leave a job to work for a couple of guys that they KNOW they don't get along with.
2) True. And they also had at least two other chances to hire Dan and didn't. It's not like Dan is an over night sensation. 9 wins in 2010, 10 wins in 2014 and averages over 8 a season and Florida has never made a run. Why is it different now? Because Godfrey's alma mater is about to get slammed into oblivion? I'd have to say yeah. Oh- and this is the same job that Dan called a "lateral move". Since he worked there he would probably know.
3) This is idiotic. Godfrey obviously doesn't have an agent because basically what he's saying what Sexton did- or in his mind is "trying to do"- would cause Sexton to get significantly less money. Why would Sexton do that? Oh- he wouldn't.

Dawg61
10-30-2017, 07:00 PM
Boy... hilarious

It's a very common twitter joke. My apologies for picking your post to quote his name with. I'll pick someone less grumpy next time.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xIGBOOz0fJuY2k/giphy.gif

Drugs Delaney
10-30-2017, 07:11 PM
https://www.redcuprebellion.com/platform/amp/2016/1/29/10873728/ole-miss-ncaa-violations-letter-hugh-freeze-david-saunders-adrian-wiggins

Mjoelner34
10-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Wyatt called out McMurphy on H2H today about Sexton negotiating down the buyout so they'd have money for the next coach but didn't say a word about Onion Godfrey at B.S. Nation who parroted the whole absurd narrative. Why didn't he call out that hack too?

BulldogBear
10-30-2017, 07:20 PM
Wyatt called out McMurphy on H2H today about Sexton negotiating down the buyout so they'd have money for the next coach but didn't say a word about Onion Godfrey at B.S. Nation who parroted the whole absurd narrative. Why didn't he call out that hack too?

RC forbade it?

shannondawg
10-30-2017, 07:27 PM
How would Dan moving to the gators make a big payday for him, he is getting 10% of almost 5 mil, and going to a school that admits they can't pay off their coaches contract?

Only way Sexton would get a big payday out of this would be to get Mc a big payout, not a lateral move by Dan. Godfrey must be a dumbass, or a democrat with that kind of thinking.

Todd4State
10-31-2017, 12:18 AM

Probably because Godfrey isn't anyone worthy of mention.