PDA

View Full Version : Question Re Tanner Allen

Maroon Dawg
10-30-2017, 10:20 AM
New to the Board, never posted but do enjoy reading. Have a question re Tanner Allen. Avid Dawg Baseball fan and for the last couple weeks through indoor scrimmages and those at Smith Wills this past weekend, I?ve seen or heard absolutely nothing about him! Has he left the team, been injured or what? Was hoping he would be an impact freshman for us.

preachermatt83
10-30-2017, 10:42 AM
He's been in a knee brace. Not sure how significant the injury.

bulldogcountry1
10-30-2017, 10:59 AM
From what I've heard, they are expecting him to have a significant role this spring.

AlSwearengen
10-30-2017, 12:02 PM
From what I've heard, they are expecting him to have a significant role this spring.

Yeah, he has apparently impressed, but is currently injured. If he does have a good freshman season, expect Mannieri to have an extremely sandy ****** and let everyone know about it.

The Federalist Engineer
10-30-2017, 02:43 PM
New to the Board, never posted but do enjoy reading. Have a question re Tanner Allen. Avid Dawg Baseball fan and for the last couple weeks through indoor scrimmages and those at Smith Wills this past weekend, I?ve seen or heard absolutely nothing about him! Has he left the team, been injured or what? Was hoping he would be an impact freshman for us.

I have heard that Coach Cann really likes him very much and that he is a very advanced freshman. Further, the big motivation for getting Macnamee to 1st-base is too allow us to play the optimal offence which means clearing space for an un-named new OF player. From Cannizaro's interviews, it seems to be Tanner Allen.

I don't know anything about the injury

Todd4State
10-30-2017, 05:34 PM
Tanner can play several positions- outfield, second base, and third base. It probably will depend on how the SS spot shakes out. If LA is the SS then Allen will probably be in the outfield and if Stovall wins it he will probably be at second base.

The Federalist Engineer
10-30-2017, 11:22 PM
Tanner can play several positions- outfield, second base, and third base. It probably will depend on how the SS spot shakes out. If LA is the SS then Allen will probably be in the outfield and if Stovall wins it he will probably be at second base.

So LA to 3B if Stovall wins SS job? Who is your 3rd OF in the LA @ 3B scenario, Anderson?

Todd4State
10-30-2017, 11:52 PM
So LA to 3B if Stovall wins SS job? Who is your 3rd OF in the LA @ 3B scenario, Anderson?

Based on Cann's interviews I think HIS third outfielder would be Tanner Poole. Mine would be Jordan Anderson but I say that not having seen how much progress Poole has made so I trust Cann with that.

The Federalist Engineer
10-31-2017, 12:22 AM
Based on Cann's interviews I think HIS third outfielder would be Tanner Poole. Mine would be Jordan Anderson but I say that not having seen how much progress Poole has made so I trust Cann with that.

I could see Poole start the first 15 games, share the next 15, and then Anderson takeover the next 15-25 games

Even Mangum needed time to figure-things-out during his All American freshman season

Todd4State
10-31-2017, 01:17 AM
I could see Poole start the first 15 games, share the next 15, and then Anderson takeover the next 15-25 games

Even Mangum needed time to figure-things-out during his All American freshman season

That's very possible. It's hard to know how everyone will perform until we put them out there against live competition. Although I think this group seems to be more settled than some in the past as far as the position players go except for maybe catcher- I'm guessing we'll see a platoon unless either Skelton or Gilbert emerge. The DH allows for some lineup flexibility as well because you can slip a "fourth outfielder" or whoever there.

That's also the scary thing about having to play on the road so much early. It's hard to play on the road and figure out who can do what before SEC play starts.