PDA

View Full Version : Make a playbook for Dan!!

Dawg61
10-29-2017, 10:36 PM
Yay we are going to attempt to help Dan Mullen with a top 25 plays to try playbook vs Bama. Leave out the obvious ones we know we will run. Let's get some outside the box ones. Maybe he'll use one of them once in his sleep. Stupid, fun, crazy, drunk, off the reservation type plays don't matter. Contribute or don't bitch.

Here's one play I'd like to see us run vs Bama.

1. A rollout left or right with Fitz with the TE or WR leaking into the area the LB leaves open after he immediately starts sprinting at Fitz. If he doesn't sprint at Fitz and covers the TE/WR then tuck it and run Fitz. Also have Couch running a deep streak on this play.

Now it's your turn.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26ufhsR9nxKMOc4da/giphy.gif

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-29-2017, 11:32 PM
Run Fitz up the middle on every 3rd and less than 5 play.***

TUSK
10-30-2017, 12:24 AM
Yay we are going to attempt to help Dan Mullen with a top 25 plays to try playbook vs Bama. Leave out the obvious ones we know we will run. Let's get some outside the box ones. Maybe he'll use one of them once in his sleep. Stupid, fun, crazy, drunk, off the reservation type plays don't matter. Contribute or don't bitch.

Here's one play I'd like to see us run vs Bama.

1. A rollout left or right with Fitz with the TE or WR leaking into the area the LB leaves open after he immediately starts sprinting at Fitz. If he doesn't sprint at Fitz and covers the TE/WR then tuck it and run Fitz. Also have Couch running a deep streak on this play.

Now it's your turn.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26ufhsR9nxKMOc4da/giphy.gif

I think rolling Fitz out would be a good idea, 61... Also, I'd consider limiting play action pass plays....

parabrave
10-30-2017, 12:25 AM
Mine will have John Bond running the wingbone. Actually there is no way we an go mano a mano against there d. We need a 2 back set with alot of Misdirection runs and a whole bunch of trap blocking. Of course I am foreseeing about 5 1st half Bama turnovers also.

Coach34
10-30-2017, 05:33 AM
http://playmaker.com/

starkvegasdawg
10-30-2017, 05:37 AM
Triple option with Fitz, Williams, and Gibson.

msbulldog
10-30-2017, 06:31 AM
Triple option with Fitz, Williams, and Gibson.

Notre Dame Box with Fitz, Williams, Gibson and Hill.

Political Hack
10-30-2017, 07:25 AM
Notre Dame Box with Fitz, Williams, Gibson and Hill.

That would be fun.

JDog13
10-30-2017, 07:39 AM
Run Fitz up the middle on every 3rd and less than 5 play.***

We should definitely install a 5 wide QB draw. We never run that play.

Bully13
10-30-2017, 07:51 AM
After back to back positive runs, I wanna see Fitz fake the QB keeper out of the gun then drop back or rollout and hit a tight end.

Liverpooldawg
10-30-2017, 07:53 AM
So, we need to help a national championship offensive coordinator with his play book? By the way, we don’t play Bama this week. One game at a time.

Todd4State
10-30-2017, 07:58 AM
So, we need to help a national championship offensive coordinator with his play book? By the way, we don’t play Bama this week. One game at a time.

Debbie Downer^^^^

PMDawg
10-30-2017, 08:07 AM
Put KT at QB and line Fitz up behind him in the pistol. Run a whole series this way. Hand it to Fitz, pitch it to Fitz, run RPOs for Fitz out of this formation, let KT run the zone read out of this formation, run a flea-flicker out of this formation.

TrapGame
10-30-2017, 08:13 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IBVPgalgRAk/TRzHETX7uSI/AAAAAAAADD4/9tAXSvz8n9Y/s400/3+stooges+play+football.jpg

Sacrifice
10-30-2017, 08:22 AM
RPOs! OM killed them with these

Hot Rock
10-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Split Keytaon out wide as a WR, and have a series of plays for him and Fitz on the field together but not necessarily both in the backfield.

I can see Key or Fitz being on the receiving end of each other's passes. Am I mistaken in thinking they are our fastest two offensive weapons?

How about Brandon Bryant coming in, goes in motion and goes on the fly pattern up the seam. Nothing to much to learn but a run fast and hopefully catch it. Can he do that?

louisvilledawg
10-30-2017, 08:32 AM

Bet this guy is real fun at parties

Liverpooldawg
10-30-2017, 08:33 AM
Debbie Downer^^^^

Yep. If you don’t respect your opponent, they have a way of making you pay for it sometimes. One game at a time.

TrapGame
10-30-2017, 08:39 AM
Yep. If you don’t respect your opponent, they have a way of making you pay for it sometimes. One game at a time.

I didn't know we were suiting up.***

Johnson85
10-30-2017, 09:10 AM
I think rolling Fitz out would be a good idea, 61... Also, I'd consider limiting play action pass plays....

What is the weak link on y'all's defense?

Doesn't look like there is one if you look at scores, but incredibly, y'all have played FSU, UT, A&M, Arkansas, and UM and not come up against a good offense yet. Is there a side of the defensive backfield you're worried about good receivers attacking (obviously not a big concern against us) or would you be more scared of an elite run game grinding away? I'm assuming the former just based on typical Saban teams but A&M and UM both have one or more elite WRs that didn't seem to do much damage, although A&M has QB issues and UM has a playstation OC that got shut down by Cal.

Liverpooldawg
10-30-2017, 09:10 AM

We aren’t, but fan’s attitudes have a way of finding their way onto the field. Don’t say it doesn’t happen, because it does. We play UMass this week.

Hot Rock
10-30-2017, 09:26 AM

Don't you know.. internet fodder by a fan base really can change a teams focus? Not..

A team being able to focus in spite of the Bama game looming is the coaches and players job, not mine.

Besides even the coaches are looking forward, always. They put stuff on game tape every week that are designed to manipulate opponents down the road. If we beat Bama, some of those plays will most likely have to be used. Most people understand that State isn't lining up and running down Alabama's throat like we hope to do this next weekend.

If we can't beat UMass with our normal offense, then we aren't "Who we thought we were."

TrapGame
10-30-2017, 09:31 AM
We aren’t, but fan’s attitudes have a way of finding their way onto the field. Don’t say it doesn’t happen, because it does. We play UMass this week.

Hev could be head coach this Saturday and run Gibson every down and we'd still beat them by 21.

Dawg61
10-30-2017, 09:32 AM
The speed option is one of my favorite plays. Wish we ran it ten times a game. Oregon used to be nasty with this play with LaMichael James, Marcus Mariotta and DeAnthony Thomas.

Liverpooldawg
10-30-2017, 09:32 AM
Hev could be head coach this Saturday and run Gibson every down and we'd still beat them by 21.

That should be the case, but then we should have done the same to USA last year too.

TrapGame
10-30-2017, 09:46 AM
That should be the case, but then we should have done the same to USA last year too.

But now we have Grantham and a starting QB with the locker room behind him 100%.

Dawg61
10-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Split Keytaon out wide as a WR, and have a series of plays for him and Fitz on the field together but not necessarily both in the backfield.

I can see Key or Fitz being on the receiving end of each other's passes. Am I mistaken in thinking they are our fastest two offensive weapons?

I like this but I'd go one step further and make it an RPO flea licker with Fitz/Key right next to the sideline but behind the LOS able to throw it after the other throws it to them. Bama would be forced to keep a defender over there so you'd basically make it 10 v 10 if you didn't throw it to Fitz/Key.

starkvegasdawg
10-30-2017, 10:01 AM
What is the weak link on y'all's defense?

Doesn't look like there is one if you look at scores, but incredibly, y'all have played FSU, UT, A&M, Arkansas, and UM and not come up against a good offense yet. Is there a side of the defensive backfield you're worried about good receivers attacking (obviously not a big concern against us) or would you be more scared of an elite run game grinding away? I'm assuming the former just based on typical Saban teams but A&M and UM both have one or more elite WRs that didn't seem to do much damage, although A&M has QB issues and UM has a playstation OC that got shut down by Cal.

I?ve got it. This is brilliant. I know how to beat Bama. We need a supply of girls getting ready to buy $750 dresses. Saban will spend the entire game talking them out of it and not pay attention to the game.

BuckyIsAB****
10-30-2017, 10:47 AM
Work the perimeter quick game, bubbles, key screens, get 3-5 and be happy with it. Stay patient set up your shots off that, run the ball to keep them honest.