PDA

View Full Version : AU may be laying the ground work to can Gus....

TUSK
10-29-2017, 07:37 PM
If they fire Jacobs, and AU loses badly to UA and UGA, he gone, IMO...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/report-end-near-jay-jacobs-auburn-ad/

so, potentially, UF, UT, AU, A&M & Arkie are gonna have openings...

Poor, poor OM.

Hasu Dackds
10-29-2017, 07:44 PM
Arkansas should hire him within 10 minutes.

Dumb aubbies. The only acceptable replacement coach is Bobby Petrino.

This deal seems so 14 years ago.

TUSK
10-29-2017, 07:48 PM
Arkansas should hire him within 10 minutes.

Dumb aubbies. The only acceptable replacement coach is Bobby Petrino.

This deal seems so 14 years ago.

rep awarded.

Spiderman
10-29-2017, 08:14 PM

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/report-end-near-jay-jacobs-auburn-ad/

Poor, poor OM.

Aub ain't gonna fire Gus this year outside something unforeseeable, IMO.

Now, Ark may be working behind the scenes to see if he is interested to come home. If he's not open to it, Ark. shouldn't fire Bert this year if he goes to a bowl. You don't wanna be looking for a coach this year in the SEC. If he says yes, Ark. pulls the trigger and brings him home. The Ath Dept. at Aub. is a mess right now. He might be more open than ever to listen, and it's home. I hope Gus stays at Aub. We don't need him to go stabilize Ark.

Now if Aub., Fla and Tenn. are open, and possibly A&M, it will be an unprecedented coaching circus, causing a huge domino reaction.

And OM ends up having to hire Will Hall

Jack Lambert
10-29-2017, 08:27 PM

Poor, poor OM.

I think Ole Miss should go after Memphis coach and give him a big bonus.

MetEdDawg
10-29-2017, 08:33 PM

Poor, poor OM.

Here's what my Auburn insiders are saying. This is no lie. They keep saying that they are going to get rid of Gus and hire Mark Richt. Like I've heard that from multiple of my sources within the Auburn camp that this is what they want to do.

They are ready for Gus to go and I think the expectation is that losses to UGA and Bama will finish it off. I get the feeling they would rather lose those 2 and fire Gus than win them and be 10-2. That's when you know it's gotten bad.

Political Hack
10-29-2017, 08:34 PM
Firing Gus after a 8-9 win season would be so auburn.

Dawgowar
10-29-2017, 08:37 PM
potentially, UF, UT, AU, A&M & Arkie are gonna have openings...

Poor, poor OM.

Mullen to SEC Commish?

Ari Gold
10-29-2017, 08:41 PM

That's not even a lateral move from Memphis to OM. It's a downgrade. Think about that RebelBearShark nation. Memphis is a better job than OM. ****ing Memphis.

bulldawg28
10-29-2017, 08:42 PM
Here's what my Auburn insiders are saying. This is no lie. They keep saying that they are going to get rid of Gus and hire Mark Richt. Like I've heard that from multiple of my sources within the Auburn camp that this is what they want to do.

They are ready for Gus to go and I think the expectation is that losses to UGA and Bama will finish it off. I get the feeling they would rather lose those 2 and fire Gus than win them and be 10-2. That's when you know it's gotten bad.

I don't think Mark Richt would come to Auburn unless he wants to get back in the SEC. He's got it made in Miami.

Ari Gold
10-29-2017, 08:47 PM

Guess this means CDM can FINALLY get that UM gig.
Your Aub guy is about as dialed in to that situation as OM media was/is to the NCAA investigation

TUSK
10-29-2017, 08:50 PM

I completely believe this... (Bad) losses to Bammer & UGA (and LSU to a lesser extent) gets a HC run off of The Plains...

JMO, but I think a lot of those peeps don't believe in the "Mickey Mouse" type offensive system Gus runs...

BrunswickDawg
10-29-2017, 08:51 PM
I don't think Mark Richt would come to Auburn unless he wants to get back in the SEC. He's got it made in Miami.
No way Richt is leaving Miami. He is recruiting well, they are winning in a weak division that gives a path to the CFP. He?s even going OG and grew a goatee - He ain?t going nowhere.

Ari Gold
10-29-2017, 08:53 PM
No way Richt is leaving Miami. He is recruiting well, they are winning in a weak division that gives a path to the CFP. He?s even going OG and grew a goatee - He ain?t going nowhere.

Exacatly.
Gruden to OM thinks Richt to Aub is absurd

Tripp McNeely
10-29-2017, 08:54 PM

Norvell will have a much better selection of choices than om. If I'm a Memphis fan, I'd be much more worried about Arkansas (that's where the wife is from). A Norvell-type hire is a wet dream for om...think more along the lines of a John Chavis-type coordinator who just wants a better paycheck for 4-5 years before he rides off into the sunset

pilldawg
10-29-2017, 08:58 PM
Norvell will have a much better selection of choices than om. If I'm a Memphis fan, I'd be much more worried about Arkansas (that's where the wife is from). A Norvell-type hire is a wet dream for om...think more along the lines of a John Chavis-type coordinator who just wants a better paycheck for 4-5 years before he rides off into the sunset

I believe this guy could be a great head coach. Odd that his name isn't getting more run considering the success Kirby is having at Georgia this year.

MetEdDawg
10-29-2017, 09:02 PM

This is why Auburn is looney. They are working this angle and are trying to get him there. Maybe they just don't remember Richt played QB at Miami? It's really dumb for them to pursue this. But if this is the route they want to go then I'll let them have at it. It will get them no where with this particular coach.

Tripp McNeely
10-29-2017, 09:07 PM
I believe this guy could be a great head coach. Odd that his name isn't getting more run considering the success Kirby is having at Georgia this year.

Again, your sites are set WAAAAYYY too high. An older coordinator who knows this 4-5 year "rental" will be his last gig. Pruitt has another 15-year type career to think about. The Arkansas-version of John L. Smith is their ceiling considering the structural limitations that guy is going to face

BrunswickDawg
10-29-2017, 09:08 PM
This is why Auburn is looney. They are working this angle and are trying to get him there. Maybe they just don't remember Richt played QB at Miami? It's really dumb for them to pursue this. But if this is the route they want to go then I'll let them have at it. It will get them no where with this particular coach.

Richt also isn?t the type to job hop. He?s on his 3rd job since 1990. Miami is his last job

Dawgfan77
10-30-2017, 06:17 AM
That's not even a lateral move from Memphis to OM. It's a downgrade. Think about that RebelBearShark nation. Memphis is a better job than OM. ****ing Memphis.

Do Y?all keep forgetting that OM is about to be hit with major sanctions? Norvell is gonna have some options much better than OM. Realistically OM best best is a retread a coordinator or a D2 guy. Not many people are gonna take a risk on that job

Johnson85
10-30-2017, 06:58 AM
Do Y?all keep forgetting that OM is about to be hit with major sanctions? Norvell is gonna have some options much better than OM. Realistically OM best best is a retread a coordinator or a D2 guy. Not many people are gonna take a risk on that job

Ole miss people I talk to are all in on frank Wilson. Say he'll take the job no matter what the sanctions are and that he is who everybody wants (at least out of realistic names).

Lord McBuckethead
10-30-2017, 07:10 AM
Bert should have never been hired in the first place. Fire him any year is/was already too late.

BulldogBear
10-30-2017, 07:56 AM

I can't recall any head coach voluntarily leaving his Alma mater for any gig but retirement or NFL

Johnson85
10-30-2017, 09:16 AM
Bert should have never been hired in the first place. Fire him any year is/was already too late.

That guy won 9.7 games a year in the Big 10, had won the conference or division two out of the last three years and gone to three straight rose bowls. I know those weren't exactly the glory years of the Big 10, but damn, if that's not a good hire for a non-power house school, who were you wanting them to hire?

I think the problem is it's just incredibly hard to win with his brand of football in the SEC, but Arkansas did exactly what a school like them or us should do. They zigged when everybody else was zagging. Their problem is that the West was evenly split between spread teams and traditional power running teams, so they couldn't pick a style that was going to really be a different look for most of the teams in the division.

RiverCityDawg
10-30-2017, 09:22 AM
I can't recall any head coach voluntarily leaving his Alma mater for any gig but retirement or NFL

Rich Rod from WVU to Michigan. Didn't work out.

AusTexDawg
10-30-2017, 10:21 AM

Rich Rod leaving WVU is the only one I recall.