PDA

View Full Version : One little nugget for y'all to remember...

Political Hack
10-29-2017, 06:57 PM
there was a lot of chatter about Dan and Strick not seeing eye to eye and how Dan wanted Cohen to be AD. It's funny how quickly people forget that when the UF job opens up. There's also a lot of people who think Strick will actually make the hire solo without the Bull Gators weighing in. And anyone who knows anything about Megan Mullen knows what she thinks of that group.

State fans are notorious for thinking other people understand State's political situation better than State people do. Don't fall into that. That's not what we do here at elitedawgs.

Coursesuper
10-29-2017, 07:01 PM
there was a lot of chatter about Dan and Strick not seeing eye to eye and how Dan wanted Cohen to be AD. It's funny how quickly people forget that when the UF job opens up. There's also a lot of people who think Strick will actually make the hire solo without the Bull Gators weighing in. And anyone who knows anything about Megan Mullen knows what she thinks of that group.

State fans are notorious for thinking other people understand State's political situation better than State people do. Don't fall into that. That's not what we do here at elitedawgs.

Well said, anyone that thinks that Stricklin is running the search for the coach is fooling themselves. This is going to be run by Jeremy Foley.

AlSwearengen
10-29-2017, 07:07 PM
I somehow missed the chatter about Mullen and Strickland not getting along (maybe someone can go into more detail). I do remember Mullen and Cohen talking about being good friends early on and that started with Cohen stopping by mullen’s office to talk football. I also specifically remember Megan commenting on being glad to be away from Florida.

Bully13
10-29-2017, 07:10 PM

Post of the 17ing Day. This should have been a day where we all share the joy of what happened last night. It was 17ing uuuuuge. having Debbie downer threads are for big psssies on days like today.

I would like to see this enforced Hack. Thank you sir.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 07:15 PM

Right on!

TrapGame
10-29-2017, 07:16 PM
I somehow missed the chatter about Mullen and Strickland not getting along (maybe someone can go into more detail). I do remember Mullen and Cohen talking about being good friends early on and that started with Cohen stopping by mullen’s office to talk football. I also specifically remember Megan commenting on being glad to be away from Florida.

I believe someone posted that Strick and Mullen got into a shouting match last season. It was a very strained relationship after that.

Jack Lambert
10-29-2017, 07:18 PM
Stricklin said he wanted a new coach by the early signing period. That means some current coach will be leaving their school pretty fast. I don't see a coach interviewing before then if he is employed I think he is going after Kelly.

Bully13
10-29-2017, 07:19 PM
I believe someone posted that Strick and Mullen got into a shouting match last season. It was a very strained relationship after that.

If true, it seems quite obvious as to who came out on top of that .

bluelightstar
10-29-2017, 07:19 PM

Stricklin all but acknowledged it at the press conference a little while ago when asked about his relationship with Dan: "I enjoyed working with Dan, and I'd like to think he'd say the same. Dan can be very direct, and I can be direct. So, sometimes we had some direct conversations like you would anyone you work with."

Also: https://soundcloud.com/hailstate/megan-mullen-82217 (around 9:30 mark). Megan Mullen is not a fan of Gainesville.

Todd4State
10-29-2017, 07:20 PM
Hack is dead on. I don't see Dan leaving for a lateral move.

Todd4State
10-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Stricklin said he wanted a new coach by the early signing period. That means some current coach will be leaving their school pretty fast. I don't see a coach interviewing before then if he is employed I think he is going after Kelly.

That means that they probably know who they are going to hire already.

Anyway- am I the only one that find it interesting that Bob Stoops just suddenly retired from Oklahoma from out of nowhere last year? He used to coach under Spurrier at Florida and has a history of beating Saban/Smart.

Seems like a fit to me. But whoever is at Florida trying to run this thing is doing a terrible job do far. "Hey, let's fire a guy that won the SEC East the past two years and then let's see if we can save some money by trying to fire him "for cause"!"

Bully13
10-29-2017, 07:26 PM

Anyway- am I the only one that find it interesting that Bob Stoops just suddenly retired from Oklahoma from out of nowhere last year? He used to coach under Spurrier at Florida and has a history of beating Saban/Smart.

Seems like a fit to me. But whoever is at Florida trying to run this thing is doing a terrible job do far. "Hey, let's fire a guy that won the SEC East the past two years and then let's see if we can save some money by trying to fire him "for cause"!"

I don't think I've seen a time where so much stupid has ruled amongst the SEC as I've witnessed over the last year.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 07:30 PM
Stricklin all but acknowledged it at the press conference a little while ago when asked about his relationship with Dan: "I enjoyed working with Dan, and I'd like to think he'd say the same. Dan can be very direct, and I can be direct. So, sometimes we had some direct conversations like you would anyone you work with."

Also: https://soundcloud.com/hailstate/megan-mullen-82217 (around 9:30 mark). Megan Mullen is not a fan of Gainesville.

That?s a pretty enlightening interview from Mrs Mullen. She loves her some State and Starkville doesn?t she?! Not a big fan of Gainesville though lol

Homedawg
10-29-2017, 07:30 PM

While I agree w you about hack's post. That's not a lateral move. Maybe if you say we are in the same league. But that's it. There is nothing remotely close to lateral about the two jobs.

msbulldog
10-29-2017, 07:31 PM
Bobby Petrino's buyout just got cut in half when they fired the AD Jurich. Petrino has a history of leaving teams in the middle of the season; see Atlanta Falcons.

Coursesuper
10-29-2017, 07:31 PM

It's not a lateral move, that can be one of the best jobs in the country and should be now, but it's not at this moment due to other behind the scenes factors. But it's not a lateral move.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 07:32 PM

Already a rumor going around stoops is #1 on uf list.

bluelightstar
10-29-2017, 07:32 PM
While I agree w you about hack's post. That's not a lateral move. Maybe if you say we are in the same league. But that's it. There is nothing remotely close to lateral about the two jobs.

I think he was making a reference to Dan's comment when Collins went there. "Don't like to see our coaches leave for lateral moves"

Todd4State
10-29-2017, 07:43 PM
I think he was making a reference to Dan's comment when Collins went there. "Don't like to see our coaches leave for lateral moves"

Ding, ding, ding!

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2017, 07:47 PM
Justin Fuentes or Scott Frost to Florida

Ari Gold
10-29-2017, 08:06 PM

Fuentes to UF would be strong. That's my guy here if Mullen were to leave.
Frost I would think is a lock for Nebraska.

And Basically the only role Scottie will have in the hiring process is announcing the new coach at the presser.

Coursesuper
10-29-2017, 08:10 PM
Fuentes to UF would be strong. That's my guy here if Mullen were to leave.
Frost I would think is a lock for Nebraska.

And Basically the only role Scottie will have in the hiring process is announcing the new coach at the presser.

BINGO! That's the extent of it with him.

Bucky Dog
10-29-2017, 08:25 PM
THIS. Scott Frost will be the hire.

Jack Lambert
10-29-2017, 08:25 PM
That?s a pretty enlightening interview from Mrs Mullen. She loves her some State and Starkville doesn?t she?! Not a big fan of Gainesville though lol

I have been to Gainesville several times and I think it's a nice place.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2017, 09:17 PM
THIS. Scott Frost will be the hire.

Dark horse hire Mike Norvell

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 09:19 PM
I have been to Gainesville several times and I think it's a nice place.

She was referring to how they were treated in Gainesville by fans not the city itself.

Percho
10-29-2017, 09:39 PM

I will go to the grave believing she heard the words, the money was just to much, as an apology.

Todd4State
10-29-2017, 09:43 PM
Dark horse hire Mike Norvell

Winner of the American Athletic Conference Championship Game gets the Florida job.

Todd4State
10-29-2017, 09:44 PM
She was referring to how they were treated in Gainesville by fans not the city itself.

Although I will say that Gainesville is not that great itself.

Political Hack
10-29-2017, 09:50 PM
I will go to the grave believing she heard the words, the money was just to much, as an apology.

Yep.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 10:03 PM
Although I will say that Gainesville is not that great itself.

I agree, it?s just average imo.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 10:04 PM

I?m with ya on that.

DawgHouseUnited
10-29-2017, 10:06 PM

Matt Luke to UF!

Mimi's Babies
10-30-2017, 06:32 AM
BINGO! That's the extent of it with him.

This sounds like a certain SCHOOL to the North.

BulldogBear
10-30-2017, 08:40 AM

CDM thinks it is whether it's true or not and has more or less publicly expressed that. Thank goodness his opinion (and his wife's) is what matters here!

1bigdawg
10-30-2017, 09:51 AM
Mullen is not leaving. I would prefer we quit talking about it.

BHildreth3
10-30-2017, 10:25 AM
Mullen is not leaving. I would prefer we quit talking about it.

How in the hell do you know? All of this talk about Dan won't leave, and they love Starkville is nonsense. We don't have a clue. I love Mississippi State. I love Mississippi but if you asked me would I rather live in Starkville or say, Hattiesburg, or where i live now, Atlanta, i wouldn't pick StarkVegas. If Dan leaves it's for 1 damn reason....He thinks he can win a NC at another location.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-30-2017, 10:48 AM
How in the hell do you know? All of this talk about Dan won't leave, and they love Starkville is nonsense. We don't have a clue. I love Mississippi State. I love Mississippi but if you asked me would I rather live in Starkville or say, Hattiesburg, or where i live now, Atlanta, i wouldn't pick StarkVegas. If Dan leaves it's for 1 damn reason....He thinks he can win a NC at another location.

Dan is not going to Florida

BankerDog
10-30-2017, 10:53 AM
Mullen will be here for another 3 years then will parlay it into a NFL OC job.

Chest Club Captain and Mullen don't see eye to eye. Stricklin is the reason Mullen bolted all those times years ago. Mullen loves Cohen. That's a fact.

NCDawg
10-30-2017, 11:34 AM

As I recall, Stricklin came on the field at the Arkansas game several years ago trying to console our place kicker that missed a FG. Mullen told him to get off the field.

TrapGame
10-30-2017, 11:53 AM

Straight from the horses mouth.*

TrapGame
10-30-2017, 11:54 AM

Chest Club Captain and Mullen don't see eye to eye. Stricklin is the reason Mullen bolted all those times years ago. Mullen loves Cohen. That's a fact.

I believe Hugh Baby is the Chest Club Captain. So they say.

Johnson85
10-30-2017, 12:32 PM

I'm not getting the context here. What else would it be other than an apology (or at least justification)? Is there something in the podcast about that?

Johnson85
10-30-2017, 12:34 PM

If he's here for another 3 years, I don't think he's leaving for an OC position. How old will his kids be at that point? I could see him doing that after they're through high school, but I wouldn't think he'd move them at that point for anything less than a head coaching job.

fader2103
10-30-2017, 12:59 PM
I don't see Mullen leaving for the NFL especially not as an OC. Why would he leave to make maybe 1.5 or 2 million and not be calling the shots from making 6 mill at MSU (Guessing that will be what he is up to in 3, if he stays)

1bigdawg
10-30-2017, 01:05 PM
Florida is going to have a hard time hiring a coach. The just fired a coach who won the SEC East in the ONLY two years he was there despite the injuries, suspensions and distractions. Money talks, but the coaches they will offer big money to will have other options.

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2017, 02:17 PM

Dan has spoken so no need to worry about it anymore. I love how you talk in the 3rd person on the message board.

Todd4State
10-30-2017, 02:35 PM
Dan has spoken so no need to worry about it anymore. I love how you talk in the 3rd person on the message board.

On top of that you have Stricklin's comments yesterday where if you read between the lines they didn't always get along.

Johnson85
10-30-2017, 03:47 PM
I don't see Mullen leaving for the NFL especially not as an OC. Why would he leave to make maybe 1.5 or 2 million and not be calling the shots from making 6 mill at MSU (Guessing that will be what he is up to in 3, if he stays)

(1) He feels like he's accomplished all he can at the college level or is just not willing to continue kissing ass in recruiting to do more
(2) Moving up would allow him to focus more on the teaching and scheming part that he enjoys and
(3) He might view an NFL OC position as giving him a better chance to be an NFL HC than continuing as a head coach in the NCAA.

I don't think it's going to happen either, but I could at least see it as a possibility when his kids are in college. At that point, he'll still be pretty young I think and that would give him a new challenge while also allowing him to get away from the recruiting grind, even if the in season grind would possibly be tougher.

The biggest question to me is whether he could handle working as an assistant after being the guy for so long. I think he'd at least have to be going to work for a defensive minded coach that promised him some real autonomy.

I seen it dawg
10-30-2017, 03:55 PM
As I recall, Stricklin came on the field at the Arkansas game several years ago trying to console our place kicker that missed a FG. Mullen told him to get off the field.

Stricklin cheerleader style. It’s ok pumpkin

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2017, 04:58 PM
(1) He feels like he's accomplished all he can at the college level or is just not willing to continue kissing ass in recruiting to do more
(2) Moving up would allow him to focus more on the teaching and scheming part that he enjoys and
(3) He might view an NFL OC position as giving him a better chance to be an NFL HC than continuing as a head coach in the NCAA.

I don't think it's going to happen either, but I could at least see it as a possibility when his kids are in college. At that point, he'll still be pretty young I think and that would give him a new challenge while also allowing him to get away from the recruiting grind, even if the in season grind would possibly be tougher.

The biggest question to me is whether he could handle working as an assistant after being the guy for so long. I think he'd at least have to be going to work for a defensive minded coach that promised him some real autonomy.

His offense doesn't work really well in the NFL. You can't have your QB running like that. It has worked in short bursts but not as a primary offense. Has anyone ever willingly went from a head coach from a Power 5 conference to an NFL Coordinator? Someone like Carroll, Harbaugh, or Chip Kelly went to the NFL but as head coaches. Even if it is getting in the NFL, it is a step backwards.