PDA

View Full Version : Mullen slowing the offense down: I don?t think it?s been discussed yet

STATEBALLIN
10-29-2017, 12:07 PM
This may have been discussed already, but I noticed in the BYU game and then the Kentucky game that Mullen was slowing the offense down. I felt he was game planning for A&M to keep their offense off the field. This has also helped Fitz as well. I think he gets a little too amped during the hurry up offense. His decision making appears better the past three weeks to me. Props to Mullen and the offensive staff. Huge shout out to the OL too. Those guys are killing it.

We have a top 5 coach in the country boys and girls. The Golden days are now and I?m enjoying the hell out of it.

Jack Lambert
10-29-2017, 12:22 PM
I think BYU was slowed down to work on passing and other things. Ky for the same reason. Last night I think it was to keep A&M from having the ball.

Barking 13
10-29-2017, 04:27 PM
I've noticed the trend, and it's the old bama "control the game" method... keep the chains moving, even if it takes an hour to score, then let your D take over for a few minutes, rinse and repeat.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 04:31 PM
When you?re physical at the los of scrimmage you can play like this and dominate games. Which we are doing. Completely controlling the game. It?s fun to watch.

msstate7
10-29-2017, 04:35 PM
We have a really good defense and running game. It makes sense to slow it down. Dan is playing to our strengths

sleepy dawg
10-29-2017, 05:07 PM
We have a really good defense and running game. It makes sense to slow it down. Dan is playing to our strengths

In LSU and A&M, Dan has had some of the best play calling I've seen him have at MSU. We have such a predictable offense year in year out, and everyone knows it. In those 2 games, he seemed to play right into that. We've thrown at times in the past was 100% chance of run and visa-versa.