PDA

View Full Version : Could Stricklin be a big enough douche to call Dan?

SandlotDawg
10-29-2017, 11:58 AM
I understand it would be business, but I?d like to think Scott would have enough respect for Cohen and Dan to not even bother contacting Dan. Plus being a State alum...

MetEdDawg
10-29-2017, 12:00 PM
He's got a job to do. Not trying to talk to Mullen would be negligent on his part in my opinion. He will call because this is a business and him leaving for UF showed exactly that.

Coach34
Would be skocking for Mullen to go back to Florida- Tennessee is the much bigger worry.

Bully13
Not this shit again. Time to shut this bullshit down an issue a 17ing warning.

SandlotDawg
10-29-2017, 12:02 PM
Not this shit again. Time to shut this bullshit down an issue a 17ing warning.

I’m not worried about Dan going to UF. I’m just wondering if Stricklin would even try to make it happen. I feel like he’d burn a bridge with Cohen if he did.

Bothrops
10-29-2017, 12:10 PM
Florida doesn't have the patience for Dan Mullen. Georgia gonna be owning the East anyway. Stricklin would be wise to stay away from MSU for a long long time if he pursues Dan very hard.

HoopsDawg
10-29-2017, 12:11 PM
MSU fans drive me crazy worrying about shit like this.

MarketingBully
10-29-2017, 12:15 PM
He's got a job to do. Not trying to talk to Mullen would be negligent on his part in my opinion. He will call because this is a business and him leaving for UF showed exactly that.

Mullen does not like Stricklin so it won’t matter if he contacts him or not.

Bully13
10-29-2017, 12:15 PM
Yea, 17 being happy today, let's have 14 douche threads. Some of you 17s need to just go blow finebaum and get it out of your system.

TrapGame
10-29-2017, 12:16 PM
Dan ain't going anywhere. Y'all stop it.

thf24
10-29-2017, 12:17 PM
Mullen does not like Stricklin so it won’t matter if he contacts him or not.

Many will probably dismiss this, but I definitely got that vibe during Sticklin's last few years.

SandlotDawg
10-29-2017, 12:19 PM
Yea, 17 being happy today, let's have 14 douche threads. Some of you 17s need to just go blow finebaum and get it out of your system.

Is your wife not putting out or are you just always this pissy? UF is about to fire their coach. Stricklin has worked with Mullen for years, and it’s worth speculating over. Get your panties out of a wad.

thf24
10-29-2017, 12:19 PM
Would be skocking for Mullen to go back to Florida- Tennessee is the much bigger worry.

Mullen would have to work even harder recruiting at Tennessee than he does now. Unless he suddenly does a 180 and decides he loves recruiting, he isn't going to Tennessee.

Behrdawg
10-29-2017, 12:20 PM
Mullen will not be going to Florida.

SandlotDawg
10-29-2017, 12:20 PM
Mullen would have to work even harder recruiting at Tennessee than he does now. Unless he suddenly does a 180 and decides he loves recruiting, he isn't going to Tennessee.

This is true. That’s why State has been a perfect fit for Mullen. We care way more about on the field success than winning signing day.

Coach34
10-29-2017, 12:21 PM
Foley and Spurrier will make that hire- not Stricklin

Behrdawg
10-29-2017, 12:27 PM
Foley and Spurrier will make that hire- not Stricklin

This

Quaoarsking
10-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Clay Travis says Mullen to Florida, Kiffin to MSU
https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/starting-11-sec-big-ten-poised-two-playoff-teams/

I don't think there's even a 5% of that happening.

Dawgcentral
10-29-2017, 12:29 PM
Foley is still in charge down there and he’s not a Mullen fan.
Megan still talks about having to deal with rude fans in the local grocery on Sundays after a loss. That’s not a problem in Starkville.
Anyone think Mullen would win the SEC East in the first 5 years? That’s what it would take to remain for another 5 years.
CDM is doing really well financially, and the job is secure for he and his family. Moving around all the time can get old. If Mullen leaves, it’s going to be in a spot with some sense of permanence. That’s not Gainesville. Why ask for that headache?

Bucky Dog
10-29-2017, 12:30 PM
Please lock this thread and all similar ones for the coming months! And think about putting a few folks in timeout that start these.

SandlotDawg
10-29-2017, 12:34 PM
Odds are Mullen would respond to Scott with about 6 million reasons why he’d rather stay in Starkville instead of having perennial swamp butt in Gainesville.

Bothrops
10-29-2017, 12:41 PM
UF is a toxic place for a coach to go into.

I seen it dawg
10-29-2017, 12:57 PM
If he stays ok. If he leaves ok.

BuckyIsAB****
10-29-2017, 01:04 PM
If anyone wants Mullen they are going to have to insanely overpay for him. We have the money to and will match whatever anyone wants to throw at him. Dont see him going anywhere. Mullen would laugh at UT right now, why would he want to go backwards. We would beat both of them by 2 TDs if we played tomorrow

yjnkdawg
10-29-2017, 01:07 PM
Too much direct and indirect pressure on a coach at FL, and would Foley even hire DM? Unless things have changed, Megan would not want to go back there. I think she luvs Starkvegas.

Coach34
10-29-2017, 01:09 PM
If anyone wants Mullen they are going to have to insanely overpay for him.

and Tennessee will because their top 2-3 targets are probably going to say no. Just hearing some chatter on that front. We'll see how it plays out. We have a very good team built for 2018 and 2019- so we will be fine whatever the outcome is.

Coach34
10-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Too much direct and indirect pressure on a coach at FL, and would Foley even hire DM? Unless things have changed, Megan would not want to go back there. I think she luvs Starkvegas.

not worried about Florida

Coach007
10-29-2017, 01:13 PM
Not worried about anybody. Mullen isn't leaving. in 4 years.... maybe

Mimi's Babies
10-29-2017, 01:18 PM
Clay Travis says Mullen to Florida, Kiffin to MSU
https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/starting-11-sec-big-ten-poised-two-playoff-teams/

I don't think there's even a 5% of that happening.

Kiffin is tied to UCF because of Chris. We don't need either.

MarketingBully
10-29-2017, 01:24 PM
and Tennessee will because their top 2-3 targets are probably going to say no. Just hearing some chatter on that front. We'll see how it plays out. We have a very good team built for 2018 and 2019- so we will be fine whatever the outcome is.

You have to be a bad ass recruiter to win at UT. If he went there, he would be out of coaching in five years from being fired. Only job I’d be worried about IMO is Notre Dame and I don’t think they are firing Brian Kelly.

Coach34
10-29-2017, 01:32 PM
You have to be a bad ass recruiter to win at UT. If he went there, he would be out of coaching in five years from being fired. Only job I’d be worried about IMO is Notre Dame and I don’t think they are firing Brian Kelly.

I agree that its harder to win at Tennessee than it used to be. The state of Tenn doesnt produce as much good football talent as surrounding states- that hurts also. But- Knoxville is a great place to raise kids and they can offer 7-8MM per. They have more resources than State does. It will be hard for Mullen to leave what he has built in Starkville- but to say he wont is being naive

defiantdog
10-29-2017, 01:36 PM
I agree that its harder to win at Tennessee than it used to be. The state of Tenn doesnt produce as much good football talent as surrounding states- that hurts also. But- Knoxville is a great place to raise kids and they can offer 7-8MM per. They have more resources than State does. It will be hard for Mullen to leave what he has built in Starkville- but to say he wont is being naive
TN has already been in the works on replacing Jones, and Mullen wasn?t on their first call list.

MarketingBully
10-29-2017, 01:44 PM

Fuente would be a better fit for Tennessee. He can recruit Memphis and knows the state well. He would be my first call at Tennessee. Kelly would be my first call at UF.

shannondawg
10-29-2017, 01:50 PM
No need to lock them, if we don't beat Umass by 40, they will be wanting to fire his ass next week.

Bothrops
10-29-2017, 01:54 PM
Only job I’d be worried about IMO is Notre Dame and I don’t think they are firing Brian Kelly.

Mullen would have to take a large reduction in pay to coach at ND

AROB44
10-29-2017, 02:08 PM
If he stays ok. If he leaves ok.

I disagree....if Mullen leaves, we will take a giant step backwards. He will not be as easy to replace as some may think.

Turfdawg67
10-29-2017, 02:17 PM
Two months from now the narrative from this board will be that Mullen was pimping himself to UT and UF.

thf24
10-29-2017, 02:33 PM
This is true. That?s why State has been a perfect fit for Mullen. We care way more about on the field success than winning signing day.

That's part of it, but most importantly, Tennessee doesn't have a large amount of raw talent in its backyard like we do here. You have to recruit nationally, and Mullen's standard "work hard, earn your spot, no promises" pitch wouldn't get him what he needs. He'd have to radically change his approach and put in a different kind of effort to recruit successfully there, which we know he likely isn't willing to do.

Jack Lambert
10-29-2017, 02:42 PM
He left state to go to Florida because he wants to be SEC commissioner one day. I suspect he is going to do what he has to do.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2017, 02:44 PM
I'm not worried

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 02:52 PM
I'm not worried

Thanks, Dan! Stay here and get it done!

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2017, 02:54 PM
Is your wife not putting out or are you just always this pissy? UF is about to fire their coach. Stricklin has worked with Mullen for years, and it?s worth speculating over. Get your panties out of a wad.

He is right. You aren?t.

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2017, 02:55 PM
Two months from now the narrative from this board will be that Mullen was pimping himself to UT and UF.

Yep. This is how it always starts.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 03:05 PM
Yep. This is how it always starts.

Unfortunately this is true.

Dawgology
10-29-2017, 03:07 PM
Always the low post counts that start these threads. Interesting.

Ari Gold
10-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Yes Stricklin is a douche. No matter what..

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 03:17 PM

Amazing isn?t it?

maroonmania
10-29-2017, 03:32 PM
When is the last time an SEC HC moved from one SEC job to another? Hasn't happened in a LONG time. Anything is possible but I just don't see it happening. I think Mullen is more likely to leave us for a non-SEC job than one in the SEC. And to add Mullen's biggest weakness is recruiting, so Mullen would be a lot better off to go to a place like Bama that recruits itself than a place like TN that has a very weak recruiting base.

pilldawg
10-29-2017, 03:43 PM
When is the last time an SEC HC moved from one SEC job to another? Hasn't happened in a LONG time. Anything is possible but I just don't see it happening. I think Mullen is more likely to leave us for a non-SEC job than one in the SEC. And to add Mullen's biggest weakness is recruiting, so Mullen would be a lot better off to go to a place like Bama that recruits itself than a place like TN that has a very weak recruiting base.

him up to $8 million per year.

Spiderman
10-29-2017, 03:45 PM
I understand it would be business, but I?d like to think Scott would have enough respect for Cohen and Dan to not even bother contacting Dan. Plus being a State alum...

Yes, if he thought he wanted him, he would call. Would Dan take the job? I don't think so knowing what I know

SandlotDawg
10-29-2017, 03:57 PM

How exactly are you supposed to get a 1000 post count?

SandlotDawg
10-29-2017, 04:00 PM
To clarify, the post wasn’t intended to say Dan would go to Florida. It’s more about would Stricklin be willing to undercut his alma-mater? Some of y’all are a little sensitive.

Dawgology
10-29-2017, 04:13 PM

Post more. If you’ve read this board at all you would know folks are sensitive about the “Mullen to (fill in school” talk. Then, people are always wary of low post count profiles popping in to start a topic that would greatly impact recruiting, team success, etc. so in one post you hit both those bench marks. On top of that, last season or two every year we have low post count profiles pop up starting “Mullen to wherever” threads during recruiting season. This is a strategy used by tsun to stir up rumors and attempt to impact recruiting by using our own fan base. It’s real. It happens. Profiles have been removed because of it.

I’m just saying, if you are a low post count profile choose wisely how you start a post until you’ve built up a little cred. ED has a guy with a special set of skills that will sniff out your profile. He’s good. He eats shark for breakfast.

I seen it dawg
10-29-2017, 04:29 PM
Sensitive? Lol yeah you could say that

dawgday166
10-29-2017, 05:20 PM
Yes, if he thought he wanted him, he would call. Would Dan take the job? I don't think so knowing what I know

I don't know as much as you do but it's a no-brainer to me. Why in the hell would Dan take a job at a school whose fans have totally outlandish and mostly unrealistic expectations. They think now they have the history Bama does.

They ran off Urban Meyer ... that's saying something right there. Especially when he won more titles overall (and in much shorter time) than Spurrier did. They think they should be competing for championships every year.

Dan can stay at MSU forever making ~5 mill/year and only have to win 6 - 8 games every year. And the vast majority of fans will never say anything to him except "Great job Coach". He'd be fired within 3 seasons at FL.

Lord McBuckethead
10-29-2017, 05:29 PM
Time out? Do we need a hall pass too?

was21
10-29-2017, 05:29 PM
Stricklin was hired by Florida for fund raising and to oversee their planned upgrade of facilities...period...when it comes to staff selection he will be nothing more than an errand boy

Lord McBuckethead
10-29-2017, 05:30 PM
So he just looks up the IP addresses of people. Nice skill set bud.

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2017, 05:33 PM
So he just looks up the IP addresses of people. Nice skill set bud.

He has been known to publish names and maps too.

msbulldog
10-29-2017, 07:53 PM
Post more. If you’ve read this board at all you would know folks are sensitive about the “Mullen to (fill in school” talk. Then, people are always wary of low post count profiles popping in to start a topic that would greatly impact recruiting, team success, etc. so in one post you hit both those bench marks. On top of that, last season or two every year we have low post count profiles pop up starting “Mullen to wherever” threads during recruiting season. This is a strategy used by tsun to stir up rumors and attempt to impact recruiting by using our own fan base. It’s real. It happens. Profiles have been removed because of it.

I’m just saying, if you are a low post count profile choose wisely how you start a post until you’ve built up a little cred. ED has a guy with a special set of skills that will sniff out your profile. He’s good. He eats shark for breakfast.

Eats shark for breakfast, that's funny.

LC Dawg
10-29-2017, 08:05 PM
Post 1000 times.