PDA

View Full Version : Six Takeaways, Liver Smoothee Edition

AlmostPositive
10-29-2017, 10:33 AM
1. We're Gonna Beat the Hell Outta You. Unless you beat the hell outta us, and that ship has already sailed. If MSU has ever beaten three winning-record SEC team by 20 or more points -- two of them by thirty -- in a season, I will dance naked at the Rose Bowl.

2. One of these days, the teams we beat will not automatically be discounted by the nitwit media. I admit I had the kneejerk reaction that KY was awful after we smoked them last week. But they're not. LSU, KY, and A&M are all capable teams, but we crushed all of them. This year at least, it's about us being dominant, not other teams being down.

3. Those announcers were as bad as they get. Give us Beth Mowins, give us a random person from the phone book, just not those two ever again.

4. Remember when our running back crew was rated next to last in the SEC? Most of us knew that was dubious... in any case, the only reason we won't have two 1000 rushers is because Kylin Hill and Nick Gibson are too good not to take some carries from Aeris.

5. It's time to drop the defeatism regarding Nov 11. We just beat A&M far worse than they did, for starters. If the MSU BBall women can take down UCONN, our guys can beat the Tide. I wouldn't want our players thinking there's no chance, so I'm not going to think that way either. If this makes for more disappointment if we don't get it done, so be it.

6. There is a better chance of Ole Miss and Arkansas not having a football team by the time we play than of either of them beating us. They are dreadful. Mullen can name the score. Barring a planetary realignment, Bama is the only unknown from here on out.

It's a great time to be a Bulldog fan!

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2017, 10:37 AM
I’m beginning to believe that our defense can give Bama problems assuming we don’t give up a bomb TD on the first 2 drives.

I’m just not sure about the offense. Our offense is good, but just a terrible matchup vs Bama

Should be fun though. I think it can be like a 20-10 type game with Bama winning

Turfdawg67
10-29-2017, 10:40 AM
If we can't throw the ball down field and complete some, the Bama game will be a repeat of UGA & Auburn.

Sacrifice
10-29-2017, 10:46 AM
#3 one of the ass clowns last night actuallly said we may have a shot at beating Arkansas. That dude should have immediately been demoted to running one of the cameras at a Southern Miss game

Spiderman
10-29-2017, 10:50 AM
I?m beginning to believe that our defense can give Bama problems assuming we don?t give up a bomb TD on the first 2 drives.

I?m just not sure about the offense. Our offense is good, but just a terrible matchup vs Bama

Should be fun though. I think it can be like a 20-10 type game with Bama winning

Never...... never... never never.. nevernevernevernever use Believe and Bama in the same sentence. NEVER!!

bostondawg
10-29-2017, 10:54 AM
In perspective, we put on a much better performance at Kyle Field than Bama did. We also play much much better at home. I expect another 20-7 type loss to Bama in DWS. Bama should be able to shut down our run. And I don't really have any confidence that we can throw on them. I think our D will give them a lot to handle. I expect it to be a lot like the 2013 game. If I recall soberly, we were only down by one possession entering the fourth.

defiantdog
10-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Bama hasn?t been challenged this year. They look bored in every game.

Turfdawg67
10-29-2017, 11:15 AM
Never...... never... never never.. nevernevernevernever use Believe and Bama in the same sentence. NEVER!!

Hahahah! So true!

Hey Spidey... so much for your prediction that OM won't lose again until the EB! 0-2 since then.

NCDawg
10-29-2017, 11:20 AM
If we can't throw the ball down field and complete some, the Bama game will be a repeat of UGA & Auburn.

This is probably true. I doubt whether we will be able to run the ball effectively against Alabama. They are very strong on the defensive front.

Dawgology
10-29-2017, 11:35 AM

Thank you!! I’m all about having hope and playing to win but anyone saying they believe we have a legit shot against Bama needs to step back from the koolaid cooler. We have a very good team this year but: we are streaky and we have a limited passing game. The ONLY way to beat Bama is to have a complete and balanced team while playing mistake free OR get REALLY lucky (UM 2015).

I would love to be wrong about this. I welcome it. But some of you are going to be melting about a Bama loss in a couple weeks for no reason. Just sit back and enjoy the now.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-29-2017, 11:56 AM
Bama hasn?t been challenged this year. They look bored in every game.

They will probably be bored against us as well.

AlmostPositive
10-29-2017, 12:13 PM
What I'm talking about is not thinking we'll lose, but thinking the game against has already been decided. If the MSU women has thought they couldn't beat an even more intimidating opponent than AL, they would have never prevailed.

...so yeah, we may well lose, but BAMA will lose one day and Nov. 11 is as good a day as any for that.

Sacrifice
10-29-2017, 12:20 PM
Like the great Mike Justice said, ?Boy this is 5A football, we?re gonna do what we do, if you can stop us stop us! If not we?re gonna run you right off the field? Unfortunately I think they can stop us lol. Our D will have to win that game

Dental Dawg33
10-29-2017, 03:24 PM
What I'm talking about is not thinking we'll lose, but thinking the game against has already been decided. If the MSU women has thought they couldn't beat an even more intimidating opponent than AL, they would have never prevailed.

...so yeah, we may well lose, but BAMA will lose one day and Nov. 11 is as good a day as any for that.

I agree. Is it likely, no. But if you say it's impossible then you don't watch a lot of college football. Anyone can win on any given Saturday. That being said, Bama will have to turn the ball over, our offense MUST sustain drives to keep our defense off the field AND score, and our defense has to force 3 and outs regularly. If that doesn't happen Bama will Bama and just wear us down. It's a tall task but by God it can be done. Hail damn State.

Spiderman
10-29-2017, 03:50 PM
Hahahah! So true!

Hey Spidey... so much for your prediction that OM won't lose again until the EB! 0-2 since then.

I'll pay for your reading comprehension class too. I said IF, IF, again for the slow IF, they beat LSU. Reading is Fundamental, people

msstate7
10-29-2017, 03:57 PM
I'll pay for your reading comprehension class too. I said IF, IF, again for the slow IF, they beat LSU. Reading is Fundamental, people

This is my fault lol

I trolled you pretty good on that comment

dawgday166
10-29-2017, 04:34 PM

The MSU women were a very complete team tho. We ain't there yet IMO. Fitz just don't throw it well enough. Some of those completions last night are picks against Bama.

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2017, 04:49 PM
I agree. Is it likely, no. But if you say it's impossible then you don't watch a lot of college football. Anyone can win on any given Saturday. That being said, Bama will have to turn the ball over, our offense MUST sustain drives to keep our defense off the field AND score, and our defense has to force 3 and outs regularly. If that doesn't happen Bama will Bama and just wear us down. It's a tall task but by God it can be done. Hail damn State.

Defense will have to cause turnovers and Dan can't call his normal conservative game plan. Bama just doesn't make mistakes to take advantage of. You have to throw everything at them.

Percho
10-29-2017, 05:07 PM
Thank you!! I’m all about having hope and playing to win but anyone saying they believe we have a legit shot against Bama needs to step back from the koolaid cooler. We have a very good team this year but: we are streaky and we have a limited passing game. The ONLY way to beat Bama is to have a complete and balanced team while playing mistake free OR get REALLY lucky (UM 2015).

I would love to be wrong about this. I welcome it. But some of you are going to be melting about a Bama loss in a couple weeks for no reason. Just sit back and enjoy the now.

Just quoting you but applies to all who do not believe.

How in Hades did Mississippi State beat No. 1 Alabama in 1980?

Did anyone believe that could happen? Did the players believe that could happen?

Mutt the Hoople
10-29-2017, 05:22 PM

Did anyone believe that could happen? Did the players believe that could happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-xgd_eETE

Lord McBuckethead
10-29-2017, 05:24 PM
#5. Huge IF but if we stop their running game, keep contain on the QB, do not give up bombs to Ridley, and win the turnover margin at +3 or better, we may have a shot to keep it close. Only issue is, who is going to cover Ridley? I don't see a Dion Sanders out there to do it. They will set picks like they always do and play pitch and catch....that is if we can stop the run and contain the QB scrambles. My prognosis is that Mullen cannot scheme against Saban. Saban makes us not execute by playing chess. 9 year Checker champion Mullen needs a new plan.

NCDawg
10-29-2017, 05:25 PM

I think this Alabama team probably has more quality athletes than their 1980 team had.

Lord McBuckethead
10-29-2017, 05:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-xgd_eETE

They got lucky. And Archdog was conceived at that game.

tcdog70
10-29-2017, 05:28 PM
Shit I believe we can beat Bama, I don't say I believe we will beat Bama. But there is a chance we can beat them. I don't think they can line up and run it down our throats.

pilldawg
10-29-2017, 07:07 PM
Shit I believe we can beat Bama, I don't say I believe we will beat Bama. But there is a chance we can beat them. I don't think they can line up and run it down our throats.

gave the Tide all they could handle. We may not win, but at home we have a chance with this team.

TrapGame
10-29-2017, 07:19 PM
This will be the best game Mullen will coach against Saban. But we will still lose.