PDA

View Full Version : The Media and MSU.....

DogsofAnarchy
10-29-2017, 08:46 AM
The way the media covers MSU is a microcosm of exactly what is wrong with this country. The Media has a narrative driven agenda about MSU. Media says, No way MSU can beat the all worldly LSU!! MSU destroys LSU and Media says, well Georgia is the test for MSU!! MSU loses at GA and Media says, see we were right!! Meanwhile, LSU loses to Troy and beats a terrible Florida team then truly upsets AU and the media ranks LSU higher than MSU. On the flip side, MSU destroys Kentucky and the Texas Dog humpers and Media says, but the real test is Alabama!! MSU does not fit their narrative and their agenda gets screwed up and they have no clue what to say. This is what happens when the media MAKES the news instead of just reporting the news.

3rdGen
10-29-2017, 09:33 AM
Quality post here! They don’t want us to be a decent program because of the establishment and the money involved with it and it is easier for them to put a team with a bigger market up so that they know they have the ratings.

DogsofAnarchy
10-29-2017, 09:49 AM
Quality post here! They don’t want us to be a decent program because of the establishment and the money involved with it and it is easier for them to put a team with a bigger market up so that they know they have the ratings.

I am SO happy at least one more person on our site gets this. This is the exact reason why I dont pay the media a bit of attention. At some point, our fans have to think for themselves. That fact sure has given me peace.

BrunswickDawg
10-29-2017, 09:55 AM
Yeah, read this shitty article on NBC Sports. http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/28/qb-nick-fitzgerald-powers-mississippi-state-to-win-over-texas-am/amp/

This guy couldn?t have watched the game.

IMissJack
10-29-2017, 09:56 AM
This is what happens when you have ZERO representation in the Media, such as a good home state Newspaper that represents your interests to the National media. Let's take a look at the SECN/ESPN lineup as well.
Tim Tebow, Chris Doering, Jessie Palmer--Florida
Booger McFarland, Marcus Spears---LSU
Greg McElroy, Reece Davis-Bama
Joey Galloway, Kirk Herbstreit-Ohio State

Do you really think MSU or any non elite school is going to get any positive spin, except when they beat one of these teams? These people are biased to the big boys, and the SECN keeps it this way. I feel like we get the most honest representation from Tebow and Palmer to tell you the truth.

Mimi's Babies
10-29-2017, 09:58 AM
The state rag is totally om... So our coverage is of our own making. Steve needs to write another book and tell the rest of the story.

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 10:05 AM
I ignore the media. I form my own opinions and thoughts on where we are. I?m happy with where our program is. Just keep winning.

West Tn Dawg
10-29-2017, 10:05 AM
Yeah, read this shitty article on NBC Sports. http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/28/qb-nick-fitzgerald-powers-mississippi-state-to-win-over-texas-am/amp/

This Dude is totally out there!
Just when you thought Mississippi State was sliding and Texas A&M was ascending, the two maroon-clad teams decided to prove that things are just as difficult to as ever to sort out in the SEC West.

In a game that was awfully hard to watch as the result of a pair of offenses that couldn?t do much, Bulldogs quarterback Nick Fitzgerald was able to find the end zone just enough to secure a 35-14 win that makes his team bowl eligible and likely ranked in the top 25 heading into next week.
Is he totally incompetent?

Tbonewannabe
10-29-2017, 10:07 AM

I wonder if he wrote the same when they played Bama since there was less scoring. He obviously didn't look at Time of possession. He also thought they just benched Mond instead of him getting broken in half.

RougeDawg
10-29-2017, 10:09 AM
This is what happens when you have ZERO representation in the Media, such as a good home state Newspaper that represents your interests to the National media. Let's take a look at the SECN/ESPN lineup as well.
Tim Tebow, Chris Doering, Jessie Palmer--Florida
Booger McFarland, Marcus Spears---LSU
Greg McElroy, Reece Davis-Bama
Joey Galloway, Kirk Herbstreit-Ohio State

Do you really think MSU or any non elite school is going to get any positive spin, except when they beat one of these teams? These people are biased to the big boys, and the SECN keeps it this way. I feel like we get the most honest representation from Tebow and Palmer to tell you the truth.

NO. This is the media you get when they are protected by the powers at be and there are no repercussions. The media essentially goes unchecked as long as they follow the left agenda. And I?m sorry people, the South and Mississippi are both prime targets of the left media. It?s a fact. Until we stand up to it and start voting, with our wallets and remote controls, nothing will change.

Bothrops
10-29-2017, 10:11 AM
Good post. The national media is the real culprit. They tend to tie MSU in with their overall views and opinions of the state. Same things regurgitated time and again. For example, their mentioning of our lack of victory in College Station for 100+ years. It gives the viewer the impression that our program has competed in a particulat place for over 100 times without victory. Poor ol' MSU...poor ol' Mississippi. Pure left-wing art at work deep below.

Quaoarsking
10-29-2017, 10:16 AM
They always give little facts like that. Back in 2009 they talked a lot about how Florida hadnt won't in Starkville since 1985. No one thought that meant we had a 24 year win streak over them, just like no one thought A&M had a 100 year streak over us...

Quaoarsking
10-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and BYU are generally considered to be the 3 most conservative major conference schools in all of college football. They all get much better press than us (the most diverse FBS college). Must be more to it than a LIEBERUL CONSP1RACY

QuadrupleOption
10-29-2017, 10:44 AM
Guys....when we finish 9-3 and kick the shit out of whatever poor team gets stuck playing us in our bowl game for that 10th win, it won't matter what anyone writing for a newspaper thinks of us. I find it laughable that LSU is ranked above us just like A&M was, but if you let it get to you it's going to reduce the enjoyment you get out of this season.
Unless we collapse entirely the worst we are going to finish is 5-3 in the league, which will be better than most teams can hope for.

maroonmania
10-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Guys....when we finish 9-3 and kick the shit out of whatever poor team gets stuck playing us in our bowl game for that 10th win, it won't matter what anyone writing for a newspaper thinks of us. I find it laughable that LSU is ranked above us just like A&M was, but if you let it get to you it's going to reduce the enjoyment you get out of this season.
Unless we collapse entirely the worst we are going to finish is 5-3 in the league, which will be better than most teams can hope for.

Media or not opinions of college football fans are slowly shifting. As I talk around to fans of other schools we ARE getting respect now. Seems college football fans are starting to give us respect even if the college football media types aren't.

Leroy Jenkins
10-29-2017, 01:00 PM
Media treated us pretty fairly when the girls beat UConn, but that doesn't fit the "poor-ole-mittitippi-tate" pity party. Gotta win the games. We didn't even compete with UGA or AU.

Percho
10-29-2017, 01:09 PM

That may be the dumbest synopsis of a game I have ever read!

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 02:19 PM
Media or not opinions of college football fans are slowly shifting. As I talk around to fans of other schools we ARE getting respect now. Seems college football fans are starting to give us respect even if the college football media types aren't.

This is true. I travel all over the southeast and wear my State stuff and folks always taking about how good a program Mullen has built. Also the guys we have in the nfl that are stars help too. People know Dak for sure but I people bring up fletcher, kJ and Bernardrick too. We are gaining respect among other fans and analysts that actually watch and know football.

Lord McBuckethead
10-29-2017, 04:07 PM
NO. This is the media you get when they are protected by the powers at be and there are no repercussions. The media essentially goes unchecked as long as they follow the left agenda. And I?m sorry people, the South and Mississippi are both prime targets of the left media. It?s a fact. Until we stand up to it and start voting, with our wallets and remote controls, nothing will change.

And Alabama isn't,? I am calling bullshit on the leftist thing.