PDA

View Full Version : I love it how every time we beat someone, it comes back to "on paper"....

Hasu Dackds
10-29-2017, 07:48 AM
That moron from Good Bull Hunting (aTm SBNation) site, the first thing he says is "we got beat by a program who we should be above on paper". WTH does that even mean anymore? As long as we are paying enough to keep Mullen here, who cares what the program looks like on paper? Simply because they are in Texas and we are in Mississippi? Who cares the history?

If anything this should inspire you to give more and help our home state out even more than normal. I'll never understand the arrogance regarding college sports.

Yesterday, we were better than Texas A&M University. That's the end of it, as far as I'm concerned. They can wipe their ass with all their oil money.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2017, 07:50 AM
And the announcer last night knew nothing about MSU.

Again, not to rehash my rants from last week, but there is a major disconnect about our program with the media and it shows in the quality of rankings and coverage we get.

It?s mindboggling to me

Hasu Dackds
10-29-2017, 07:52 AM
I guess it's just a slow grind. We have to keep at it. We have to keep investing in football, and our fans have to keep buying in and showing up, and wearing our gear. Over time maybe we can change that perception.

Mimi's Babies
10-29-2017, 07:55 AM

Again, not to rehash my rants from last week, but there is a major disconnect about our program with the media and it shows in the quality of rankings and coverage we get.

It?s mindboggling to me

Everytime they know nothing we roll over the other team
There is no excuse in not doing the job you are paid to do.

Maroonthirteen
10-29-2017, 07:59 AM
Every college football fan has a degree of entitlement and arrogance because of their history and conference affiliation.

IMO, we should never lose to USM, Memphis, LaTech etc. I'm not buying memphis or the directional floridas are better than State. I don't care what their ranking is.

As for TAMU, screw them freaking weirdos. We beat that ass again. Btw, back in the day I would always pull for TAMU vs Texas. The milkmen almost Always let me down too. They aren't what they think they are.

However let them think we are beneath them. States best weapon over the years has always been to be taken lightly and the underdog chip on our shoulder.

msstate7
10-29-2017, 08:02 AM
On paper, huh? FPI, Vegas, and Sagarin disagree with paper then. We were favored and computers liked us better too, but hey, aTm always has paper to fall back on

Hasu Dackds
10-29-2017, 08:03 AM
IMO, we should never lose to USM, Memphis, LaTech etc. I'm not buying memphis or the directional floridas are better than State. I don't care what their ranking is.
I take no one lightly. I take pride in every victory.

Activated Alpha
10-29-2017, 08:08 AM
It was really telling even after we were beating them like a drum the announcers couldn't stop talking about A&M. I'm like why haven't they talked up State? Also, found it a little humorous because we all have done it here, but when they were going through our schedule they automatically chalked up Alabama as a loss without even mentioning it.

SaintDawg
10-29-2017, 08:15 AM
They were showing our remaining schedule and one of those dumbasses said we "might" get past Arkansas. I was like what game are yall watchin?!? We just curb-stomped A&M at A&M and we "might" beat Arkansas?!?! What a baffoon.

confucius say
10-29-2017, 08:21 AM
They were showing our remaining schedule and one of those dumbasses said we "might" get past Arkansas. I was like what game are yall watchin?!? We just curb-stomped A&M at A&M and we "might" beat Arkansas?!?! What a baffoon.

It was bad. He said it like three times. Gave us umass and om for 8 and kept saying might be able to get ark. If we were playing ark sat we'd be double digit favorites.

Jack Lambert
10-29-2017, 08:24 AM

It?s mindboggling to me

The announcers last night didn't know anything. Even when they spent the entire 4th quarter talking about who was going to win the Heisman they had no clue.

shoeless joe
10-29-2017, 08:51 AM
The announcers last night didn't know anything. Even when they spent the entire 4th quarter talking about who was going to win the Heisman they had no clue.

Gilmore is an absolute moron. He just likes to hear himself talk. Mark jones is pretty good as a play by play guy but the sideline guy may have been the dumbest human to ever be on TV.

In the midst of our beat down they spent a majority of the 4th quarter talkin about kirk's nutrition shakes...

Turfdawg67
10-29-2017, 10:18 AM
That moron from Good Bull Hunting (aTm SBNation) site, the first thing he says is "we got beat by a program who we should be above on paper". WTH does that even mean anymore? As long as we are paying enough to keep Mullen here, who cares what the program looks like on paper? Simply because they are in Texas and we are in Mississippi? Who cares the history?

If anything this should inspire you to give more and help our home state out even more than normal. I'll never understand the arrogance regarding college sports.

Yesterday, we were better than Texas A&M University. That's the end of it, as far as I'm concerned. They can wipe their ass with all their oil money.

"On paper" simply means recruiting wise they should be better. And I guess since our safeties suck, as you like to point out and our WRs & OL are horrible as everyone else on this site pronounces (when we lose) and our QB is a 2*, they probably are better "on paper". But on the field we are superior!

maroonmania
10-29-2017, 10:27 AM

He was probably just referencing Jake Wimberly's foolproof algorithm that said we were supposed to lose.**

thf24
10-29-2017, 10:29 AM
If what's "on paper" carried any meaning whatsoever then we wouldn't need to play the game. "On paper" is a weak excuse for a sore loser.

maroonmania
10-29-2017, 10:32 AM
On paper, huh? FPI, Vegas, and Sagarin disagree with paper then. We were favored and computers liked us better too, but hey, aTm always has paper to fall back on

Vegas knows and they often amaze me. Nobody could figure why they had us favored and every talking head on Gameday picked TA&M (didn't see the SEC nation picks). Whenever you think there is easy money to be made because you think the wrong team is favored tread carefully. Heck, they should use some of the Vegas insiders as the talking heads of college football rather than all of these ex-players.

QuadrupleOption
10-29-2017, 10:34 AM
3 of the last 4 says we're the better program right now.

Bothrops
10-29-2017, 10:37 AM
Those two suits on there last night drifted off course several times talking about matter that is impossible to recall. They were enjoying their chance to be on tv.

MarketingBully
10-29-2017, 10:52 AM
Texas A&M on paper and historically has been a mediocre program. Their three best coaches are Bear Bryant, Jackie Sherrill, and RC Slocum. I think Sumlin is one of their top five all time. He’s actually done above what historically they have been.

RocketDawg
10-29-2017, 11:32 AM
Gilmore is an absolute moron. He just likes to hear himself talk. Mark jones is pretty good as a play by play guy but the sideline guy may have been the dumbest human to ever be on TV.

In the midst of our beat down they spent a majority of the 4th quarter talkin about kirk's nutrition shakes...

One has to wonder why ESPN didn't use their A team for their prime time broadcast. I guess they just gave them the week off. And the sideline reporter is supposed to be a highly attractive female ... that's become traditional.

RocketDawg
10-29-2017, 11:34 AM
Vegas knows and they often amaze me. Nobody could figure why they had us favored and every talking head on Gameday picked TA&M (didn't see the SEC nation picks). Whenever you think there is easy money to be made because you think the wrong team is favored tread carefully. Heck, they should use some of the Vegas insiders as the talking heads of college football rather than all of these ex-players.

Tebow on the SEC Network's equivalent of GameDay got it right.