PDA

View Full Version : Not giving up the deep ball has been the difference

Irondawg
10-28-2017, 11:24 PM
AU and GA connected when they went deep on us and it put us in a hole we couldn't climb out of.

KY and A&M the past few weeks didn't connect and it allowed us impose our ground game and not have to play from behind. For example the A&M's first two plays could have easily been TD's and no telling what that might have done to game momentum. They just missed on a few other as well.

Seems to be a bit all or nothing with us as well. GA and AU couldn't miss and KY and A&M couldn't connect on anything when the game was close enough for it to matter.

Todd4State
10-28-2017, 11:28 PM
I think Grantham and the other assistants worked really hard to correct those issues. Some of it may have been our guys learning the defense a little bit too. I think our guys are starting to get it though at the mastery level.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2017, 11:32 PM
Difference has been pressure. Uk and AM qbs had pressure and we forced them to throw to quick or out of rhythm which forced bad throws. Didn?t do that against uga or auburn

Leroy Jenkins
10-28-2017, 11:38 PM

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-28-2017, 11:42 PM
We got lucky tonight not giving up the deep ball.

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2017, 11:46 PM
We won the damn game. Enough said.

IMissJack
10-29-2017, 12:14 AM
The deep ball was still there tonight, but a FR QB could not connect. I don't know what the heck our corners are thinking the first plays of the game.

raymond21
10-29-2017, 06:39 AM
The deep ball was still there tonight, but a FR QB could not connect. I don't know what the heck our corners are thinking the first plays of the game.

Exactly , not so much we did but what they didn’t do. A&M missed two TD’s on their first possession. Other deep balls , QB didn’t make the throw , and yes some was due to pressure