PDA

View Full Version : Nick Gibson

Prentis
10-28-2017, 11:24 PM
Can we get him a few more carries please?

Reason2succeed
10-28-2017, 11:26 PM
He should be 1, 2 with Aeris with Hill coming in 3rd

Bully13
10-28-2017, 11:36 PM
I admit that I found it a little frustrating with AW not popping more than 4 yds a carry against an A&M D that had been thrashed on rushing yards but let's be realistic, those rushing yds by our other backs were "after the fact" yards.

I'm sure A&M prepared well for our rushing attack and I give them credit for what they did considering how many 3 & outs our D was putting on them.

I'm confident in what Mullen will do and prepare for the rest of the season.

BayouDawg
10-28-2017, 11:36 PM
I'd like to see some two back sets.
I'd like to see Gibson break one. He seems like he would have that extra gear when he gets in the open field

dawgday166
10-28-2017, 11:38 PM
I think he's the best runner we have. May not block well or something, but I've always like his vision, speed, and physicality.

Goldendawg
10-29-2017, 12:04 AM
Back in the day in my early 20's, I walked down to the fence and gave words of encouragement to Freshmen Keefer McGee and another Freshman RB from Hernando to keep their heads up, better days were coming in a game that was far out of reach for us. I really loved watching Keefer play and really questioned seeing #21 jersey issued again. After reading about Gipson on and off the field and seeing how hard he plays and his improvement it feels good to see 21 in action again. My first thought after that hard nosed TD run was that Keefer would be proud. I hope his family is good with this and felt good too. Hail State!

MetEdDawg
10-29-2017, 06:36 AM
I would like to see us use Lee as an HB and I would like to situationally use our RBs more. I think Aeris, Hill, and Fitz in the first 2 and a half quarters is pretty potent. But Gibson plus Fitz in the later game situations or at the back end of a long drive would maximize Gibson's potential. He was blowing them up on that drive he got because they physically couldn't handle him. I hope Mullen plays him more. He's earned more than 4 carries in a game.

BeastMan
10-29-2017, 07:56 AM
Guys, Aeris banged on that defense when it was fresh. A defense that has numerous NFL guys. Nick started getting carries when they were over 60 plays and had been on the field the whole game. That’s the beauty of having 3 good backs. You always have fresh legs down the stretch.

msstate7
10-29-2017, 08:00 AM
Guys, Aeris banged on that defense when it was fresh. A defense that has numerous NFL guys. Nick started getting carries when they were over 60 plays and had been on the field the whole game. That’s the beauty of having 3 good backs. You always have fresh legs down the stretch.

Yep. Aeris 22 carries for 68 yards does not look impressive, but it was a good night. Saved fitz some hits too on top of what you just said

Dawgfan77
10-29-2017, 08:33 AM
Gibson needs to take care of things off the field. Also, looks like Hill is unhappy with his PT... grasshopper needs to stay patient and work hard.

Sacrifice
10-29-2017, 08:49 AM
Gipson just has that burst, I?m glad to see him finally get his shot. What about Jessie Jackson? Dude had a game last night and he actually looks like a wr!

msstate7
10-29-2017, 08:50 AM
Gibson needs to take care of things off the field. Also, looks like Hill is unhappy with his PT... grasshopper needs to stay patient and work hard.

Does not help his cause putting the ball on the ground like last night. I would be fine with resting aeris next week, starting Gibson, and letting hill get 15 or so carries

confucius say
10-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Did couch play last night? Several attempts to todd, but don't remember couch

Political Hack
10-29-2017, 02:00 PM
AW is the #1 but I would love to see Gibson get more carries. He looked really good yesterday.

99jc
10-29-2017, 02:06 PM

Did he say he was unhappy?

Commercecomet24
10-29-2017, 02:12 PM

I was wondering that myself. He?s playing hard when he?s in there so obviously he?s not pouting.

yjnkdawg
10-29-2017, 02:29 PM
Did couch play last night? Several attempts to todd, but don't remember couch

I never saw his number on the field, but I guess I could have missed it.

yjnkdawg
10-29-2017, 02:32 PM
I'd like to see some two back sets.
I'd like to see Gibson break one. He seems like he would have that extra gear when he gets in the open field

Won't happen, but I would like to see a diamond formation.

Turfdawg67
10-29-2017, 02:44 PM
Reminds me of the old days of bench Taite and put in Wyatt. Bench Wyatt and put in Madkin. Bench Madkin and put in Fant...

AW is our #1 and should be.

Dawgology
10-29-2017, 03:11 PM
They keyed in on A Train and he is more of a bruiser which AM is built to stop. It was a great adjustment by Mullen to put Gibson in as a shifty back that worms through the defense.

Dawgfan77
10-29-2017, 03:44 PM
Check his Twitter

Prentis
10-29-2017, 03:59 PM
Who said anything about benching AW? I asked can we get him some more carries.