PDA

View Full Version : Heck of a win tonight!

Todd4State
10-28-2017, 11:13 PM
Great road win tonight! We weren't perfect but we dominated them on offense and defense.

Fitz did it all- throw, run, punt, fair catch kickoffs. We've got a great stable of running backs, and the offensive line performed very well against a team that leads the league in sacks and and TFL's.

The defense was lights out other than one drive and then the bomb they allowed late. But they knocked their QB out, got sacks, created turnovers including a pick six by my boy Jamal Peters. We absolutely shut down their passing and running game plus we were able to contain Kirk for the most part.

Also solid special teams performance as well in a windy environment.

We've got a great chance to win 9 games and with some help go to a BCS bowl. Kentucky winning and LSU playing better has to be good for us. I think this win tonight will look good later on as well- A&M is at worst a bowl team. This could be Dan's best year in terms of quality wins depending on how things finish up.

Hail State.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2017, 11:16 PM
Agree completely! Our physicality on both los this year has been awesome!

dawgday166
10-28-2017, 11:41 PM
Great road win tonight! We weren't perfect but we dominated them on offense and defense.

Fitz did it all- throw, run, punt, fair catch kickoffs. We've got a great stable of running backs, and the offensive line performed very well against a team that leads the league in sacks and and TFL's.

The defense was lights out other than one drive and then the bomb they allowed late. But they knocked their QB out, got sacks, created turnovers including a pick six by my boy Jamal Peters. We absolutely shut down their passing and running game plus we were able to contain Kirk for the most part.

Also solid special teams performance as well in a windy environment.

We've got a great chance to win 9 games and with some help go to a BCS bowl. Kentucky winning and LSU playing better has to be good for us. I think this win tonight will look good later on as well- A&M is at worst a bowl team. This could be Dan's best year in terms of quality wins depending on how things finish up.

Hail State.

I was happy for Peters too. I've always been high on him. Maybe he's getting some solid, dependable coaching now.

KB21
10-28-2017, 11:42 PM
Something I noticed tonight that I haven't been seeing, at least earlier in the season. Reggie Todd was getting open down the field whenever he wanted to. We just didn't connect on any of those opportunities. Nick just missed a TD to him late in the game. Earlier in the year, no one outside could get open. The fact that Todd is getting open now is a big improvement. When we connect on a few of those, their confidence will start to build. I still feel this receiver group is a work in progress.

Commercecomet24
10-28-2017, 11:45 PM
Something I noticed tonight that I haven't been seeing, at least earlier in the season. Reggie Todd was getting open down the field whenever he wanted to. We just didn't connect on any of those opportunities. Nick just missed a TD to him late in the game. Earlier in the year, no one outside could get open. The fact that Todd is getting open now is a big improvement. When we connect on a few of those, their confidence will start to build. I still feel this receiver group is a work in progress.

I noticed it too. Also noticed on the kick he returned that he?s got some pretty good speed for a big guy. Kinda surprised me at how fast he was.

Todd4State
10-29-2017, 12:13 AM
Todd is a freakish athlete. He needs to catch the ball some though. Try something like a screen, slant, or curl and get his confidence up. I think he will get it eventually- he's just a freshman. I thought it was interesting using him on kickoffs and he definitely showed why when he was given the opportunity to return one.

Couch needs to get some more touches as well and continue to develop as well.

NCDawg
10-29-2017, 01:17 AM
Does anybody know how bad Donald Gray was hurt? I noted Mixon was catching punts after his injury. Gray has tremendous hands. Sure hope he isn't out for a while.

Todd4State
10-29-2017, 01:31 AM
Allegedly it's a minor groin injury per Dan.

I'm guessing he'll sit out UMass and then be back for Alabama but again that's strictly a guess on my part.

Schultzy
10-29-2017, 04:56 AM
I was happy for Peters too. I've always been high on him. Maybe he's getting some solid, dependable coaching now.

Why isn’t he at receiver instead of db?