PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Texas Tech beat us 74-47 in the closed scrimmage...

HoopsDawg
10-28-2017, 09:36 PM
what the heck is going on.

msstate7
10-28-2017, 09:37 PM
We suck. Only explanation

MarketingBully
10-28-2017, 09:42 PM
Did we even play everyone? Who came up with that total? Most of the time these secret scrimmage stats are kept secret. I don’t know why everyone knows all this shit now. We got beat by Ga Tech last year too.

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2017, 09:45 PM
We suck. Only explanation

You may be right. Of course we we assured by certain important folks all we had to do years ago was fire Stans to immediately get better. I'm praying we finally do this year.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2017, 09:46 PM
Did we even play everyone? Who came up with that total? Most of the time these secret scrimmage stats are kept secret. I don’t know why everyone knows all this shit now. We got beat by Ga Tech last year too.

I'm sure Ado was held out but damn. Usually, players make a big jump from their freshman to sophomore year. Either every signee was overrated or Howland needs to figure something out. Obviously, losing Keglar hurts worse than I thought it would.

msstate7
10-28-2017, 09:48 PM
You may be right. Of course we we assured by certain important folks all we had to do years ago was fire Stans to immediately get better. I'm praying we finally do this year.

I do not wanna be right. Us getting slapped around though isn?t a good sign

MarketingBully
10-28-2017, 09:50 PM
I'm sure Ado was held out but damn. Usually, players make a big jump from their freshman to sophomore year. Either every signee was overrated or Howland needs to figure something out. Obviously, losing Keglar hurts worse than I thought it would.

It’s a secret scrimmage and we probably started an F’d up starting five still. We have an easy as hell schedule so we will get it figured out by the SEC season. Chill.

MarketingBully
10-28-2017, 09:50 PM
I do not wanna be right. Us getting slapped around though isn?t a good sign

Chill.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2017, 09:53 PM
It’s a secret scrimmage and we probably started an F’d up starting five still. We have an easy as hell schedule so we will get it figured out by the SEC season. Chill.

Thanks, I was in a panic but now I will "chill". We got beat by a bad Nebraska team. We just scored 47 points against a mediocre Texas Tech team. I think it's ok to wonder what the heck is going on.

MarketingBully
10-28-2017, 09:58 PM
Thanks, I was in a panic but now I will "chill". We got beat by a bad Nebraska team. We just scored 47 points against a mediocre Texas Tech team. I think it's ok to wonder what the heck is going on.

A top five team Southern Cal was beat by 20 by SDSU. You don’t know what we did or who we played. Exhibition games are different then secret scrimmages. You can’t take anything from a secret scrimmage.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2017, 10:07 PM
A top five team Southern Cal was beat by 20 by SDSU. You don’t know what we did or who we played. Exhibition games are different then secret scrimmages. You can’t take anything from a secret scrimmage.

You don't love accuracy do you? No one has Southern Cal top 5. And their best player didn't play.

Of course a closed scrimmage is not the end of the world, but given our past 7 years of basketball + Nebraska + getting blown out and only scoring 47- it's a little worrisome.

mstatefan91
10-28-2017, 10:08 PM
Burn the program!!!!!********

Chill out. It doesn't matter until it does

MarketingBully
10-28-2017, 10:10 PM
You don't love accuracy do you? No one has Southern Cal top 5. And their best player didn't play.

Of course a closed scrimmage is not the end of the world, but given our past 7 years of basketball + Nebraska + getting blown out and only scoring 47- it's a little worrisome.

Whatever if you want to think the sky is falling go ahead....

HoopsDawg
10-28-2017, 10:26 PM
Whatever if you want to think the sky is falling go ahead....

LOLOL

confucius say
10-28-2017, 10:30 PM
Kansas got beat in one of these closed scrimmages handily by some no name team last year. They are like preseason NFL games.

msstate7
10-28-2017, 10:34 PM
Kansas got beat in one of these closed scrimmages handily by some no name team last year. They are like preseason NFL games.

Like I said last week... when the patriots lose preseason games, you know it is a fluke. When the browns lose preseason games, I do not think they are holding something back for the regular season. I think there is genuine reason for concern

MaroonState
10-28-2017, 10:37 PM

Wrong answer. We fired Stans to not be a complete ****ing embarrasment to the university. Nobody said we'd be better.

Bothrops
10-28-2017, 10:38 PM
It's concerning

confucius say
10-28-2017, 10:39 PM
Like I said last week... when the patriots lose preseason games, you know it is a fluke. When the browns lose preseason games, I do not think they are holding something back for the regular season. I think there is genuine reason for concern

May be. I'll reserve judgment till December.

msstate7
10-28-2017, 10:42 PM
May be. I'll reserve judgment till December.

Our schedule is weak enough we will games early even if we aren?t good. Just gotta hope our potential kicks in by sec play

Cooterpoot
10-28-2017, 10:43 PM
Howland is old and can’t get it done. Next coach will players though.

MarketingBully
10-29-2017, 10:44 AM

So no Ado and who knows who else didn?t play because it was a secret scrimmage. As far as the accuracy statement, oh I missed by six spots. They were #11 in the preseason poll. I love you excuse their blowout loss but not ours. We don?t have Ado and it wouldn?t surprise me if we started players yesterday who will end up being role/bench players. Excuse me while I?m not concerned about a dumb secret scrimmage that I?ve only heard the results from asshole Jeff Goodman.

MarketingBully
10-29-2017, 10:44 AM
Howland is old and can’t get it done. Next coach will players though.

I’d wait until after the year before making those claims.

MarketingBully
10-29-2017, 10:48 AM
Wrong answer. We fired Stans to not be a complete ****ing embarrasment to the university. Nobody said we'd be better.

But you AT LEAST have to replace him with an equal coach. Rick Ray was the worst coaching hire I have seen in any sport in at least 50 years. He was allowed to crater the program for three years and Howland is finally digging us out of the hole Ray left us in.

Bully13
10-29-2017, 11:54 AM
But you AT LEAST have to replace him with an equal coach. Rick Ray was the worst coaching hire I have seen in any sport in at least 50 years. He was allowed to crater the program for three years and Howland is finally digging us out of the hole Ray left us in.

I haven't seen any digging out since he got here other than crootin. Not convinced the guy has any fire left in his belly. Players not grinding.

MarketingBully
10-29-2017, 12:24 PM
I haven't seen any digging out since he got here other than crootin. Not convinced the guy has any fire left in his belly. Players not grinding.

That’s a huge part of winning is getting the talent here. Last I looked our first game isn’t until November 10 and this season hasn’t started yet...