PDA

View Full Version : Stros up 2-1 in World Series and have the MO....

RougeDawg
10-27-2017, 11:49 PM
Baseball is my love and watching my childhood favorite team work toward their first WS is fun.

Their bats were awakened the last 5 innings in LA and continued tonight. They are finally going with the pitches and damaging opponents. Last two teams have been throwing them away early in the count. Correa stopped that Wed night.

This series will be huge for the Houston metro. Will be a great series nonetheless. This is what and how baseball was meant to be played. Both teams play the game as it was designed to be played. Hard and smart.

AJ is managing on his usual hunch instead of the stats or metrics, via Old school. Dave Roberts is using matchups and stats for his decisions (there is another baseball coach who used This to his detriment as well. No names).

Bottom line, know your f*cking players and let them play like AJ Hinch. More times than not your gut will lead you right. That?s real baseball.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2017, 11:53 PM
Love this Astros team. They play the game the right way. They hustle, scrap and play hard. Hope they win it all!

Love the stats part of Baseball but I agree with you gotta know you?re players and what they?re capable of. Stats and matchups are just one part of the equation. Hate push button managers. That?s not Baseball. Hinch doing a great job.

shoeless joe
10-28-2017, 06:46 AM
I'm definitely a gut feel guy too...but hard to argue with the results Roberts has gotten all year, and the no named coach as well.

I just don't understand how several guys in this series hit the ball at all when they have their front elbow pointed out away from their body, "chicken winged" I believe was the term someone used to use when they preached to us about how to hit.

msstate7
10-28-2017, 06:53 AM
Astros could be down a 1b tonight

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/houston-astros-yuli-gurriel-offend-la-dodgers-yu/story?id=50778396

Hasu Dackds
10-28-2017, 08:16 AM
Hoping MLB comes back to take the place of NFL as the American's past time, considering the NFL's current position. I think lately with the Royals, Cubs and hopefully Astros winning, that will happen.

We really need to get the 'stat' factor back in baseball too, which got destroyed during the Roid Era.

GreenheadDawg
10-28-2017, 08:27 AM
It’s been fun around here the past couple weeks. We went out to eat last night at a fancy restaurant and you couldn’t even hear the piano for all of the hooping and hollaring. It’s been great for the city post Harvey because some people are still living in hotels and government apartments waiting on there houses to be livable again.

msstate7
10-28-2017, 10:05 AM
Hoping MLB comes back to take the place of NFL as the American's past time, considering the NFL's current position. I think lately with the Royals, Cubs and hopefully Astros winning, that will happen.

We really need to get the 'stat' factor back in baseball too, which got destroyed during the Roid Era.

World Series viewing way down this year from last. Disappointing

Hasu Dackds
10-28-2017, 10:32 AM
World Series viewing way down this year from last. Disappointing

What's the overall trend? I'm betting the Cubs had something to do with that last year.

ETA: Found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series_television_ratings

Yeah, doesn't look good. Wouldn't be so bad if it was per capita or something. But the population is rising and the viewership numbers are declining. Not good.

msstate7
10-28-2017, 10:34 AM
What's the overall trend? I'm betting the Cubs had something to do with that last year.

Certainly could be the case bc the report I heard was vs last season. Good catch

Activated Alpha
10-28-2017, 12:11 PM
Wish I had could have bet money on the Astros history shows us that a team will win some type of championship after a national catostrphe. I'm telling you, Astros will win it

msstate7
10-28-2017, 12:12 PM
Wish I had could have bet money on the Astros history shows us that a team will win some type of championship after a national catostrphe. I'm telling you, Astros will win it

Miami Dolphins would probably disagree

Hasu Dackds
10-28-2017, 12:59 PM

After how many years? Took Saints 4. Don't think there's any rhyme or reason to that.