PDA

View Full Version : Initial playoff rankings

msstate7
10-27-2017, 10:14 PM
If we win this week, no way bama is #1, right? Their best win would be an 8-pt win over a 5-3 team. None of their other P5 opponents would have a winning record. Not that it matters much, but interesting

Quaoarsking
10-27-2017, 11:06 PM
Could see Penn State and TCU as 1-2 if they both win this weekend.

parabrave
10-28-2017, 01:37 AM
Bama is 1 till they lose.

TUSK
10-28-2017, 02:07 AM
this is the most sparking hook I've seen... well, since "tyler russel > aj mccarron" or "les > MDL"....

edit: "MSU almost beat Bammer in 14" and "LSU was robbed in '11"

Offshore Dawg
10-28-2017, 06:09 AM
Damn what are you <17ers> doing up this time of the night, pulling a Friday night drunk. Mr Tusk you must troll this board very regularly too always chime in to defend the Bama nation from any negative post, to defend the honor of your dark lord, to protect the legacy of invincibility of the Bama foot ball team. I give credit for you at least know what the inside of a Bama classroom looks like.

Quaoarsking
10-28-2017, 08:32 AM
Bama is 1 till they lose.

The committee never ranked Florida State #1 in 2014 despite being defending national champions and undefeated. Same is true about 2015 Ohio State during the several weeks while they were undefeated.

I agree that Alabama will stay #1 in AP Poll until they lose, but the Committee doesn't give deference to teams like that.

sleepy dawg
10-28-2017, 09:15 AM
If we win this week, no way bama is #1, right? Their best win would be an 8-pt win over a 5-3 team. None of their other P5 opponents would have a winning record. Not that it matters much, but interesting

I wouldn't be surprised if Georgia is ahead of Bama either, unassuming they win. I still think they'll go with Bama, but certainly wouldn't be surprised if Georgia, Child Rapists, or TCU is ahead of them. I think Wisconsin and Miami don't have strong enough wins to be ahead of them.

Acid mouth
10-28-2017, 09:35 AM
this is the most sparking hook I've seen... well, since "tyler russel > aj mccarron" or "les > MDL"....

edit: "MSU almost beat Bammer in 14" and "LSU was robbed in '11"

Really? Bama > Clemson in 16" was quite the "sparking hook"

Hasu Dackds
10-28-2017, 09:39 AM
Damn what are you <17ers> doing up this time of the night, pulling a Friday night drunk. Mr Tusk you must troll this board very regularly too always chime in to defend the Bama nation from any negative post, to defend the honor of your dark lord, to protect the legacy of invincibility of the Bama foot ball team. I give credit for you at least know what the inside of a Bama classroom looks like.
One of these days you guys will realize that TUSK represents the worst of the bammers. He's not even that great of a troll. My guess is that he hangs out here to make himself feel better about himself (because of his mythical fandom that has no bearing on life), probably because he's been run off the bammer boards somewhere. Which is hard to do.

Hasu Dackds
10-28-2017, 09:41 AM
The committee never ranked Florida State #1 in 2014 despite being defending national champions and undefeated. Same is true about 2015 Ohio State during the several weeks while they were undefeated.

I agree that Alabama will stay #1 in AP Poll until they lose, but the Committee doesn't give deference to teams like that.
I was going to say the same thing. Honestly I think that was criminal to put them as #3 or whatever it was. They were the undefeated defending champs, with the bullseye on their back. They earned the #1 seed.

Token Bammer
10-28-2017, 01:06 PM
I would LOVE to see PSU and/or UGA jump BAMA in the committee rankings if they win today. That's the type of thing Saban and our boys would use to energize us for the home stretch. Saban and crew love to be disrespected. It lights a fire.

TUSK
10-28-2017, 01:17 PM
I would LOVE to see PSU and/or UGA jump BAMA in the committee rankings if they win today. That's the type of thing Saban and our boys would use to energize us for the home stretch. Saban and crew love to be disrespected. It lights a fire.

Yeppers... Hell, I might make a call to my local REC Chapter and get that in the works...

LC Dawg
10-28-2017, 01:20 PM
**** Bama

Token Bammer
10-28-2017, 01:22 PM
Yeppers... Hell, I might make a call to my local REC Chapter and get that in the works...

The REC never sleeps.

TUSK
10-28-2017, 01:36 PM

You were dead on, Offshore... I should have an Interlok installed on my laptop....