PDA

View Full Version : You can?t make this stuff up

raymond21
10-27-2017, 08:12 PM
Ben Garrett 16816 posts
52 minutes ago
VIP
I'll have a write-up on the meeting here in a bit, but a few things I was able to jot down from sources in the room.
First off, among it was a packed house in the team meeting room. Among the former players in attendance were Evan Engram, Derrick Burgess, Todd Wade, Wesley Walls, Ronnie Heard and some Rebels whose playing careers reached back to the 60s. The topics discussed included frustrations with compliance, coaching staff criteria (there was a sentiment from some that Ole Miss needed to hire a coach that followed the Saban model) and a reconfigured approach to recruiting. Burgess, for example, argued that the star chasing needs to stop, per sources. That approach, he argued, is what put Ole Miss in a precarious situation at particular positions. For example, the lack of depth due to egregious misses at linebacker, for one.
Other former players vocalized their desire for a renewed focus on LSU as Ole Miss' natural rival over Mississippi State. There were also questions regarding the timing of when the next coach will be hired. Ole Miss A.D. Ross Bjork, as he touched on briefly during in my interview with him that will run Monday, said a hire likely won't come until after the conference championship games are over. So, effectively, when the season is over. But the process could move quickly. There was also discussion about the importance of assistant coaches, and many players weighed in on how many of them in the room who played/are playing in the NFL are a tremendous resource in that regard, yet they're not being utilized in any meaningful way.
Story to come. Might take some time, but there will be a lot in there.

Jack Lambert
10-27-2017, 08:17 PM
I have move pass Ole Miss being our rival. Kentucky is more of a rival. At lest they don't cheat to win.

Hasu Dackds
10-27-2017, 08:23 PM
Ben Garrett 16816 posts
52 minutes ago
VIP
I'll have a write-up on the meeting here in a bit, but a few things I was able to jot down from sources in the room.
First off, among it was a packed house in the team meeting room. Among the former players in attendance were Evan Engram, Derrick Burgess, Todd Wade, Wesley Walls, Ronnie Heard and some Rebels whose playing careers reached back to the 60s. The topics discussed included frustrations with compliance, coaching staff criteria (there was a sentiment from some that Ole Miss needed to hire a coach that followed the Saban model) and a reconfigured approach to recruiting. Burgess, for example, argued that the star chasing needs to stop, per sources. That approach, he argued, is what put Ole Miss in a precarious situation at particular positions. For example, the lack of depth due to egregious misses at linebacker, for one.
Other former players vocalized their desire for a renewed focus on LSU as Ole Miss' natural rival over Mississippi State. There were also questions regarding the timing of when the next coach will be hired. Ole Miss A.D. Ross Bjork, as he touched on briefly during in my interview with him that will run Monday, said a hire likely won't come until after the conference championship games are over. So, effectively, when the season is over. But the process could move quickly. There was also discussion about the importance of assistant coaches, and many players weighed in on how many of them in the room who played/are playing in the NFL are a tremendous resource in that regard, yet they're not being utilized in any meaningful way.
They did all this same stuff in 2012 when they hired Freeze. Their blueprint then was correct. The problem was, they never understood that you can't blatantly pay guys like mercenaries.

They'll never be all-in like they were then.

Reason2succeed
10-27-2017, 08:24 PM
Wow! The delusion is strong. What's in the water up there? LSU their "natural rival"? The Saban model? Obviously in all the mascot hopping they've forgotten who they are.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2017, 08:26 PM
Their arrogance and pomposity never ceases to amaze me. They are about to be in a world of hurt and they are talking about hiring a Saban type and lsu being their rival? They are a laughing stock. Legends in their own mind! Smh

BiscuitEater
10-27-2017, 08:28 PM
(there was a sentiment from some that Ole Miss needed to hire a coach that followed the Saban model)

Translation .. OM wants a coach that wins and goes to SECCG and NCs. Newsflash .. 129 other CFB teams want that too!

Other former players vocalized their desire for a renewed focus on LSU as Ole Miss' natural rival over Mississippi State.

Translation .. OM is not beating State in the foreseeable future but as long as Coach O is at LSU, we got a shot!!

Ole Miss A.D. Ross Bjork, as he touched on briefly during in my interview with him that will run Monday, said a hire likely won't come until after the conference championship games are over. So, effectively, when the season is over. But the process could move quickly.

Translation .. Bjork will be fired after NCAA results come out, we will have to fire the entire incompetent staff and hopefully, we can find someone to coach us through the 'dark times.'

West Tn Dawg
10-27-2017, 08:29 PM
But they have the Cracker Barrel Trophy! LSU must be their rival!!

West Tn Dawg
10-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Hey you Moron's, does it embarrass you to read this crap coming from your leaders? I almost feel sorry for you.............NOT!!
Suffer you bunch of idiots!

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Again, who is in charge of that program?

I am continuously amazed at the lack of a figure head or hammer they have in leadership positions.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2017, 08:49 PM
I am so thankful for the leadership at OUR university. Sure sometimes they may do things we don?t all agree with but they are doing things to make OUR university better! We have strong coached in all our sports, men?s and women?s both and an AD who loves State and wants things done the right way!

IMissJack
10-27-2017, 08:49 PM
Wow! The delusion is strong. What's in the water up there? LSU their "natural rival"? The Saban model? Obviously in all the mascot hopping they've forgotten who they are.

I have never heard my LSU friends say that OM is a rival. The only team that they consider a yearly rival is Bama. And that has gotten one sided in recent years.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2017, 09:08 PM
I’m confused as to what “frustrations with compliance” means?

Do they disagree with the rules, think the OM compliance department sucks, or do they feel that their rampant cheating is being treated unfairly?

Cooterpoot
10-27-2017, 09:42 PM
Their ******s hurt bad

BB30
10-27-2017, 09:44 PM
If they follow the saban model they will have vroom like period just like we did. Hope they try and switch to a pro style offense and recruit 2-3* grinders and expect to have success. They don’t understand they aren’t Alabama and that it will take a dan Mullen like hire to build an actual program there not one built on fluff.

confucius say
10-27-2017, 09:46 PM
Other than the rival business, I agree with a lot of that. I took saban model to mean an emphasis on defense. I agree with not just chasing stars, but their fans live for that so good luck. I also took the compliance frustration to mean why the hell is their no oversight. Frankly, I think Derrick burgess is much more in tune with their issues than their administration or their fan base.

IMissJack
10-27-2017, 10:21 PM
Their arrogance and pomposity never ceases to amaze me. They are about to be in a world of hurt and they are talking about hiring a Saban type and lsu being their rival? They are a laughing stock. Legends in their own mind! Smh

Can anyone name a potential coach in the Saban type?

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2017, 10:22 PM
Basically, the main takeaway of that meeting is that collectively they are confused as 17 about how to build a program.

Oh, they know the RIGHT way to build it, but they are scared that will take too long and MSU will pull away.

Thus, it’s best to just to assume they will use another quick fix scheme.

IMissJack
10-27-2017, 10:26 PM
Basically, the main takeaway of that meeting is that collectively they are confused as 17 about how to build a program.

Oh, they know the RIGHT way to build it, but they are scared that will take too long and MSU will pull away.

Thus, it’s best to just to assume they will use another quick fix scheme.

I agree they will not be willing to take 10 years to build a program.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2017, 10:28 PM
Can anyone name a potential coach in the Saban type?

It ain?t Matt Luke that?s for sure.

Bucky Dog
10-27-2017, 10:29 PM
Hey you Moron's, does it embarrass you to read this crap coming from your leaders? I almost feel sorry for you.............NOT!!
Suffer you bunch of idiots!
Dude you were giving it to them on Nafoom. And it is hilarious that either A) they believe the BS and are going to come out of this with a Saban style coach, LSU will become their rival and they will dismiss us into nothing because they are so powerful, and the NCAA is hammering us next year, or B) they are ****ed and they know it and there are like 10 fans hanging on just trying to start shit.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2017, 10:34 PM
Dude you were giving it to them on Nafoom. And it is hilarious that either A) they believe the BS and are going to come out of this with a Saban style coach, LSU will become their rival and they will dismiss us into nothing because they are so powerful, and the NCAA is hammering us next year, or B) they are ****ed and they know it and there are like 10 fans hanging on just trying to start shit.

I?ll take B for $500 Alex.

Bucky Dog
10-27-2017, 10:34 PM
I have never heard my LSU friends say that OM is a rival. The only team that they consider a yearly rival is Bama. And that has gotten one sided in recent years.
I work Baton Rouge and NOLA weekly and no one, I repeat NO ONE considers Ole Miss a rival like they do Bama, Florida and even Arky for the Boot Trophy! They do hate them more than any other school and enjoy beating the **** out of them more then any other school because they consider them a bunch of arrogant ass pricks and also a group of narcissistic cheating losers.

BuckyIsAB****
10-27-2017, 10:55 PM
Ole Miss is getting shitcanned on the field and gonna get shitcanned by the NCAA. It is settling in. The time is near. If Arkansas decides to run that 6'8 QB downhill at OM they will lose. Mark it down

Goldendawg
10-27-2017, 11:08 PM
At our high school FB game tonight, several State fans were talking to a hardcore bear that we work with. He has never accepted that they are in bad trouble. He stated he didn't believe that they would not get another year's bowl ban, that Leo lied, that they would lose less than 30 scholys, that the 2nd NOI would get tossed out, that Luke was definitely Head Coaching material but not at UNM, and that they needed Frank Wilson for their next head coach. I patted him on the shoulder, reminded him that we go way back, and told him I hoped they get the death penalty. The other guys roared with laughter. He is a typical UNM fan still in their dream world.

Ari Gold
10-27-2017, 11:24 PM
That is as Shitbird as you can get ..

Dawgpile
10-27-2017, 11:30 PM
I had a client see the MSU paraphernalia in my office, and she notified me she was OM. I offered my condolences on the impending sanctions, and she proceeded to tell me they would skate on Lewis' lack of credibility. The delusion runs long and deep.

Goldendawg
10-27-2017, 11:34 PM
Ari, I guess I should have referred to him as a hardcore "landshark". I forgot about their latest transformation! Hail State!

yjnkdawg
10-27-2017, 11:37 PM
Ben Garrett 16816 posts
52 minutes ago
VIP

I have no clue who Burgess is (guess I could google). He has a good point on the star chasing, but that's what they have lived and breathed for. Were any developed further at OM? I don't think so. Their development appeared to be prior to arriving. By the Saban model, I guess that would be a sticklier for compliance and runs a tight ship. I really can't see any of the big Money Boosters buying into this. I agree on the linebacker deficiencies. Freeze should have invested more in that group when he was trying to stock pile every 4* or 5* receiver he could get.

Irondawg
10-27-2017, 11:39 PM
So what kind of meeting was this anyway?

Goldendawg
10-27-2017, 11:39 PM
Burgess was a DE who had several good years with the Raiders and maybe the Colts, I think.

Goldendawg
10-27-2017, 11:42 PM
Open meeting called by Bjerk to invite all former players to meet today to get their input on their dumpster fire.

yjnkdawg
10-27-2017, 11:54 PM
I work Baton Rouge and NOLA weekly and no one, I repeat NO ONE considers Ole Miss a rival like they do Bama, Florida and even Arky for the Boot Trophy! They do hate them more than any other school and enjoy beating the **** out of them more then any other school because they consider them a bunch of arrogant ass pricks and also a group of narcissistic cheating losers.

Like you said the rival part is in the delusional ones' minds, while LSU doesn't even recognize it as a rival game. And I agree on the hate too. I had much rather go to Tiger Stadium and would feel safer wearning Maroon or White than Red and Blue. There has been a bitter feeling between those two school since Billy Cannon ran that punt return back, but that doesn't mean that LSU is OM's rival.

yjnkdawg
10-27-2017, 11:57 PM
Burgess was a DE who had several good years with the Raiders and maybe the Colts, I think.

Thanks. His name just didn't sound familar.

Todd4State
10-28-2017, 12:22 AM
Open meeting called by Bjerk to invite all former players to meet today to get their input on their dumpster fire.

Oh. So basically be is trying to drum up support from influential former Ole Miss football players to try to save his job.

Todd4State
10-28-2017, 12:31 AM
Hey Rebels, I want Saban too. Guess what? There's only one in the country. You're not going to find a coach like that unless you are extremely lucky on the front end. And if you do find the next Saban odds are he will leave you to replace the real one. Not happening.

And saying that you want someone to follow the Saban model and yet not focus on 4-5 star recruits is contradictory. Almost everyone in Saban's class is a 4 or 5 star recruit.

And yeah- LSU is your real rival. That's why you flipped out in 2012 and got yourself in this situation to start with. When I talk to LSU fans about Ole Miss being a rival- they laugh.

As I said it sounds like Bjork is trying to drum up support to save himself and it also sounds like they're trying to brace their fans for whatever Croom hire that they make.

Mimi's Babies
10-28-2017, 06:12 AM

That meeting is Interesting, bjerk calls a meeting of former players, who happen to be NFL PLAYERS, to get them to town to promote OM on a recruiting weekend with a home football game on Saturday. Anyone else see the light here? All while under the pretense of an alumni meeting. Where there burner phone calls made for this recruiting weekend? Will they ever stop?

msbulldog
10-28-2017, 06:18 AM
That meeting is Interesting, bjerk calls a meeting of former players, who happen to be NFL PLAYERS, to get them to town to promote OM on a recruiting weekend with a home football game on Saturday. Anyone else see the light here? All while u see the pretense of an alumni meeting. Will they ever stop?

Mimi it sounds like a good idea to me, nothing illegal here. Maybe we ought to try it.

Martianlander
10-28-2017, 07:05 AM
Meeting of the unmca. University of north Mississippi cheaters association.

Dawgcentral
10-28-2017, 07:49 AM
I guess none of these “OM BY DAMN” confederates stood up and told Bjork the wrestler that he needed to take some responsibility for what happened under his watch. That he was not going to be looked to for a solution and that he was a major part of the problem.
What a bunch of followers they are.
It sounds as though they want a Dan Mullen who has a tendency to look beyond star potential and focus on athletes who are prepared to grow into men instead of Kimdeechees.

Tailgate Superstar
10-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Todd4State nailed it. This was nothing but a PR attempt by Bjork to save his job. Give the players the illusion that they have a voice in the program in hopes they will support him when the ncaa hammer drops. With the impending devastating sanctions, they're going to be wandering the football wilderness for years regardless of what great new innovative plan they come up with.

RocketDawg
10-28-2017, 08:52 AM

I understand Engram was there. Did Eli come? Are the Giants off this weekend?

Jack Lambert
10-28-2017, 08:57 AM

Just like every thing else about Ole Miss they are living in the 50's and 60's when they were rivals.

Jack Lambert
10-28-2017, 08:59 AM
So what kind of meeting was this anyway?

Circle jerk with out the frat girl.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2017, 09:00 AM
https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Board/103605/Contents/What-do-yall-think-Will-it-be-another-year-bowl-ban-added-109519037?Page=2

If OM gets anything near what their fans believe they?ll get, then we better set up a ?department of cheating? the next day.

Honestly, we all know what the deserve, but the NCAA?s recent case vs UNC leaves me curious

Jack Lambert
10-28-2017, 09:01 AM
It ain?t Matt Luke that?s for sure.

It will be years before another Saban comes along. I really feel sorry for the next coach at Bama.

Turfdawg67
10-28-2017, 10:33 AM
It will be years before another Saban comes along. I really feel sorry for the next coach at Bama.

Dabo will do fine...