PDA

View Full Version : Can we get back to the Dogs VS Aggies?

Bucky Dog
10-27-2017, 06:32 PM
Let's focus people! We have a HUGE game in 24 hours that is a difference maker for our season.

After reading different columns, seeing the spread come out so low then shockingly swing to State as a 2 point favorite now, what is everyone really thinking?

Do the experts know something we don't? Are we just being the old MSU and telling ourselves we don't have a chance?

Going to sound predictable, but if we do take care of the ball, and execute our game plan we have the chance. If we can pocket contain Mond so he doesn't take off and make him make decisions quickly, we definitely win.

IMissJack
10-27-2017, 06:35 PM
I'm going to the game, and want to see some freaking emotion at a road game from the first play on. We don't need another slow start on the road.

raymond21
10-27-2017, 06:37 PM
I'm going to the game, and want to see some freaking emotion at a road game from the first play on. We don't need another slow start on the road.

If we start slow, it’s going to be the same results

Cooterpoot
10-27-2017, 06:46 PM
A&M isn’t close to as good as GA or AU. We don’t start slow, we kill them.

BrunswickDawg
10-27-2017, 06:48 PM
I think we roll them. They are already thinking about another collapse of a season about to hit, we will push them over the edge.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2017, 06:49 PM

Agree. I?m going all in we win by 14+.

RocketDawg
10-27-2017, 06:52 PM

We started out slow with La Tech (13 points down as I recall) and came back to completely dominate. So it can be done. But I'd rather not start slow.

HoopsDawg
10-27-2017, 06:54 PM
Who knows. We have played 7 games and they have been 7 blowouts. 5 in our favor, 2 in our opponents. We spanked A&M last year. If you look at them this season, their far and away most impressive performance was against Alabama. OT win against Arkansas is not impressive. They had a poor showing against Nicholas State and close wins over South Carolina and UF.

If we come out with the same energy and intensity we had against LSU and UK, we win. I think we are going to get A&M's best shot so it won't be easy. I'm definitely not betting on it. They have a lot of talent on the roster. We have to be able to run the ball and we need to get their QB on the ground.

IMissJack
10-27-2017, 06:56 PM
Blowouts on the road are rare. If we win, I don't see a blowout.

msudawglb
10-27-2017, 06:58 PM
I think we will come out much like we did with Kentucky. Their secondary is not that good so I think we will pass a good bit to start the game much like that first drive against Kentucky. Then we will run more and have them off balance. I can see us building a lead and their QB being pressured to throw more to catch up. I can see this game spiraling out of control for them.

LC Dawg
10-27-2017, 07:56 PM
We?ve got to keep Kirk from hurting us with big plays. Kickoff through the end zone and punt away from him obviously but also have to stop him on offense.

Jack Lambert
10-27-2017, 08:19 PM

If the O Line limit penalties mostly false starts we will win. Can't be behind the chains on first downs.

Bucky Dog
10-27-2017, 09:59 PM
Ok so I’m drunk right now, just like Kevin Sumlin, and I really think our coaches and our players are more focused and understand the importance of this game and will bring it. Sumlin is a choke artist but Chavis is still a great DC. But now, I will put Grantham up against him any day. Hail State!!

yjnkdawg
10-28-2017, 12:05 AM
We?ve got to keep Kirk from hurting us with big plays. Kickoff through the end zone and punt away from him obviously but also have to stop him on offense.

THIS - My concern as well.

yjnkdawg
10-28-2017, 12:10 AM
If the O Line limit penalties mostly false starts we will win. Can't be behind the chains on first downs.

I hope we use silent counts as it was indicated we were or might. Also maybe quicker snaps. It will be another loud difficult to hear game on Kyle Field.

Pollodawg
10-28-2017, 12:15 AM
I don't know how to call this one. We normally play horribly in College Station. That said, that doesn't matter. I feel like State can win. I just don't know if we will.

Mimi's Babies
10-28-2017, 06:37 AM
Not betting on this one. #HAILSTATE... GO DAWGS

dotcomdawg
10-28-2017, 06:48 AM
Let's focus people! We have a HUGE game in 24 hours that is a difference maker for our season.

After reading different columns, seeing the spread come out so low then shockingly swing to State as a 2 point favorite now, what is everyone really thinking?

Do the experts know something we don't? Are we just being the old MSU and telling ourselves we don't have a chance?

Going to sound predictable, but if we do take care of the ball, and execute our game plan we have the chance. If we can pocket contain Mond so he doesn't take off and make him make decisions quickly, we definitely win.

These type posts always crack me up. "Focus"? We don't need to "focus" on anything . Seriously, nothing. The actions of message board posters have ZERO to do with the outcome of the game. We affect NOTHING. Most of us are sitting in a recliner in front of the tv while typing this stuff. There is no focus involved.

True test: If you can type on a message board during a football game-- you have no affect on the outcome of that football game.