PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing happened to me this morning...

SaintDawg
10-27-2017, 02:32 PM
Wanted to share with you all. I had a doctor appointment this morning. Left the house in a State t-shirt and shorts. Afterwards, as I was leaving my appointment and went to an elevator, a fellow in scrubs was holding the elevator door for some folks and myself. When we reached the bottom floor, he politely did the same thing again. I was the last to exit and as I did so he quipped, "I'm a Rebel holding the door for a Bulldog." Without hesitation I replied, "Get used to it." and strolled out of the lobby.

Dawgology
10-27-2017, 03:02 PM
Wanted to share with you all. I had a doctor appointment this morning. Left the house in a State t-shirt and shorts. Afterwards, as I was leaving my appointment and went to an elevator, a fellow in scrubs was holding the elevator door for some folks and myself. When we reached the bottom floor, he politely did the same thing again. I was the last to exit and as I did so he quipped, "I'm a Rebel holding the door for a Bulldog." Without hesitation I replied, "Get used to it." and strolled out of the lobby.

See I never think of those good responses until 10 minutes later. Well done!

War Machine Dawg
10-27-2017, 03:16 PM

You and me both, brother. Although I did have a good one last night. I was visiting with my mom & sister and they had on some stupid HGTV show. I was busy ignoring it when they start talking about whether or not the realtor was gay. Then one of them asked "How many guys do you think wear a bow tie in Tampa?" Without missing a beat I said "I don't know, how many Ole Miss fans live there?"

SaintDawg
10-27-2017, 03:24 PM
I'm usually the same way. It just flew out. And I felt no remorse saying it to a total stranger.

MagicDawg
10-27-2017, 03:30 PM
I would definitely have thought it, but I wouldn't have said it.

Pollodawg
10-27-2017, 03:35 PM
What an asshole. Dude was just being polite.

TrapGame
10-27-2017, 03:45 PM

Nope. Polite is not mentioning anything about being a rebel while you hold the door. You hold the door for someone to be polite not to be a condescending douche.

Commercecomet24
10-27-2017, 03:47 PM
Nope. Polite is not mentioning anything about being a rebel while you hold the door. You hold the door for someone to be polite not to be a condescending douche.

Right on, Trap!

Pollodawg
10-27-2017, 03:50 PM

Meh. The guy was probably just making an observation in a light, humorous way. It validates the "inferiority complex" they claim we have to fly off the handle over everything. Lol

TrapGame
10-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Meh. The guy was probably just making an observation in a light, humorous way. It validates the "inferiority complex" they claim we have to fly off the handle over everything. Lol

In my rebel hating mind he said: I'm a rebel and I'm holding the door for a lowly leg humper. You should feel blessed that I do this for you.

Offshore Dawg
10-27-2017, 04:01 PM
Even janitors wear scrubs in Hospitals some times. "would you like fries with your order.

Johnson85
10-27-2017, 04:42 PM
In my rebel hating mind he said: I'm a rebel and I'm holding the door for a lowly leg humper. You should feel blessed that I do this for you.

I'm completely lost on this entire thread. I don't really get the point the guy holding the elevator was making except that I think he was just making a trivial human connection with somebody over an apparent common interest (college football). I also don't get the response, neither why anybody would feel remorse over it (it doesn't seem rude, just sort of nonsensical) nor why it would be a good one (Is there a bet not mentioned or a local custom where the fans of the losing team in the egg bowl hold open doors for the fans of the winning team? Is the OP going to come back to the hospital and walk behind the guy to try to catch him holding the door open?). I really don't get the connection between janitors and fries and the story.

sandwolf
10-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Agreed.

gravedigger
10-27-2017, 05:56 PM

Good point. Being message board prick might b cool HERE, however.....

Howboutdemdogs
10-27-2017, 06:04 PM
No one likes an Ole Piss alumni, until you need a Dr or a Lawyer,,,,��

Gutter Cobreh
10-27-2017, 06:06 PM

My thoughts as well.

Even janitors wear scrubs in Hospitals some times. "would you like fries with your order.

No human is superior to another, nor is it right to judge another person by the career or job they currently hold.

I'm disappointed in some of the opinions expressed in this thread. Some of you ****ers need to look in the mirror and realize you're exhibiting behaviors that you're attempting to expose. The faster the thread is locked and forgotten, the better off we all are.

msbulldog
10-27-2017, 06:11 PM
You and me both, brother. Although I did have a good one last night. I was visiting with my mom & sister and they had on some stupid HGTV show. I was busy ignoring it when they start talking about whether or not the realtor was gay. Then one of them asked "How many guys do you think wear a bow tie in Tampa?" Without missing a beat I said "I don't know, how many Ole Miss fans live there?"

There you go! rep given!

msbulldog
10-27-2017, 06:22 PM

Pollodawg my friend, I from Vicksburg, a town full of Mississippi fans(remember Kayo Dottley?), and I have had to listen to their crap for a long time. Through these years their sarcasm has sharpened my wit and tongue and I have no problem dealing it back. Screw the bastards.

SaintDawg
10-27-2017, 07:22 PM
I don't understand some of you guys on this board. Day in and day out all I read is "shit on ole miss, shit on ole miss, shit on ole miss" and how much they suck and how shitty and condescending they are to people, namely State fans, etc. Then I post an anecdote about giving their shit back to them and I'm the asshole? Whatever.

TrapGame
10-27-2017, 07:34 PM
I don't understand some of you guys on this board. Day in and day out all I read is "shit on ole miss, shit on ole miss, shit on ole miss" and how much they suck and how shitty and condescending they are to people, namely State fans, etc. Then I post an anecdote about giving their shit back to them and I'm the asshole? Whatever.

I got your back.

He didn't have to tell you he was an om fan. Just be polite and hold the door. That was a dig at you for wearing your maroon.

Offshore Dawg
10-27-2017, 07:38 PM
I'm completely lost on this entire thread. I don't really get the point the guy holding the elevator was making except that I think he was just making a trivial human connection with somebody over an apparent common interest (college football). I also don't get the response, neither why anybody would feel remorse over it (it doesn't seem rude, just sort of nonsensical) nor why it would be a good one (Is there a bet not mentioned or a local custom where the fans of the losing team in the egg bowl hold open doors for the fans of the winning team? Is the OP going to come back to the hospital and walk behind the guy to try to catch him holding the door open?). I really don't get the connection between janitors and fries and the story.

Ok let me simplify this. Just because you are wearing scrubs does not mean you are a doctor male or female. Two, on this board it has been posted numerous times ; what does an Ole Miss graduate say to an MSU graduate "Sir or Miss would you like fries with your order". The reading comprehension here is hard to understand at times.

MCsMGs
10-27-2017, 09:16 PM
I don't know the OP or the Rebel in question here, but I'm gonna have to give the Reb a win this time. Regardless of his motive, The best response would have been a simple "thanks". If the Reb was being a smarta**, he would have to look in the mirror at an a**hole. As it stands, the OP has to look in the mirror and see a bigger a**hole. Many here are quick to point out how arrogant and condescending OM people are and at the same time think that is justification for acting the same or worse. That just makes you worse than them!

For the record, the OP and those that condone him, don't represent this MSU man.

YMMV

GreenheadDawg
10-27-2017, 09:50 PM

My friend, we live in a society where everyone is social justice warrior and extremely sensitive. It?s not like you said something racist to him. Maybe global warming increases the chances of a sandy ******

SaintDawg
10-27-2017, 09:50 PM
The self-righteousness and hypocrisy on this board is sickening.

Pollodawg
10-27-2017, 10:18 PM
The self-righteousness and hypocrisy on this board is sickening.

No hypocrisy involved. There is a difference between message boards and real life.

DAWGS1
10-27-2017, 10:21 PM
I was walking out of a Braves game this summer and was wearing a State golf shirt and had 2 guys tell hotty toddy at me.
I just politely yelled <17> You and kept on walking.
Had some people walking behind me just start laughing.

JDog13
10-28-2017, 09:41 AM

You were far more polite than I would have been. Woulda cut a SBD and it close door on my way out as well. Keep up the good work.

Bully13
10-28-2017, 10:05 AM
I got your back.

He didn't have to tell you he was an om fan. Just be polite and hold the door. That was a dig at you for wearing your maroon.

yep, tsun guy was saying that to imply that it should be the other way around as to whom holds the door for whom. 17 him, he got the reply his self absorbed ass deserved. don't start shit, won't be no shit.

Gutter Cobreh
10-28-2017, 10:25 AM
yep, tsun guy was saying that to imply that it should be the other way around as to whom holds the door for whom. 17 him, he got the reply his self absorbed ass deserved. don't start shit, won't be no shit.

Pretty sure the OP's words fall in the bolded portion of the definition below:

An inferiority complex is a lack of self-worth, a doubt and uncertainty about oneself, and feelings of not measuring up to standards. It is often subconscious, and is thought to drive afflicted individuals to overcompensate, resulting either in spectacular achievement or extremely asocial behavior.

Unless you ask, assuming intent is ridiculous. Had the guy shouted "Hotty toddy" to him (like in the other example), then it should presumed as a way to make a connection with another person.