PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rumor of the Day: Jim "Sharklover" McElwain to be let go on Sunday

BulldogDX55
10-27-2017, 02:12 PM
https://florida.247sports.com/Board/14/Contents/Itll-most-likely-go-down-on-Sunday--109511168

The guy posting the thread is apparently a prominent former player who had the scoop about the status of the suspended Florida players a month before it was made public. Apparently McElwain insulted Steve Spurrier in front of a bunch of boosters this week while he was offering help and advice, and that was the final straw.

Should be fun to try to read his body language on Saturday.

TrapGame
10-27-2017, 02:26 PM
And Steve Spurrier makes his triumphant return to Gainesville.

(And no, I'm not forgetting these*****)

Dawgfan77
10-27-2017, 02:34 PM
This could be mike norvel Chad Morris or Neal Browns job. Strick will need to make a big hire with big offensive numbers.

Cooterpoot
10-27-2017, 02:46 PM
FL, OM, TN all going to be looking for coaches. Possibly A&M, MO, and AR too. OM can't catch a break. They'll be at just about the bottom of that pecking order. Only MO would be lower.

Reason2succeed
10-27-2017, 02:48 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. If Stricklin allows the fanbase to be that fickle then he won't be around Gainesville long either. His head will be the next one on the chopping block.

Hasu Dackds
10-27-2017, 02:48 PM
I highly doubt Loaferz will pull the trigger until the end of the year.

TrapGame
10-27-2017, 02:50 PM
I highly doubt Loaferz will pull the trigger until the end of the year.

Yep, he doesn't have the balls.

missouridawg
10-27-2017, 02:51 PM
(Stricklin steps to podium) “The shark ****ing days are over”

fader2103
10-27-2017, 02:55 PM
Man, MSU really is about to start controlling the SEC completely. Got TSUN on probation by having recruits get free stuff from Rebel Rags, Got Stricklin in at Florida to take out their Head Coach, Sent the Ninja to Bama. I am guessing Saban will be gone by next year at this rate (you heard it here first).

LC Dawg
10-27-2017, 02:56 PM
(Stricklin steps to podium) “The shark ****ing days are over”

If they hire Spurrier to take his place he may actually say this.

Cooterpoot
10-27-2017, 03:11 PM
Well, Strick used to let things leak out on message boards ahead of time to get reaction when he was here. I wouldn't be surprised if they do fire him. GA is going to blow them out, he lied about death threats, and he pissed off Spurrier. I think that'd be enough.
Spurrier is like mafia. He'll take you out!

War Machine Dawg
10-27-2017, 03:13 PM
LULZ at the people in this thread that think Loaferz is anything more than Foley's bitch. Loaferz ain't callin' the shots down there.

Coursesuper
10-27-2017, 03:16 PM
LULZ at the people in this thread that think Loaferz is anything more than Foley's bitch. Loaferz ain't callin' the shots down there.

This all day.

IMissJack
10-27-2017, 04:15 PM
And more Mullen rumors will be coming...

starkvegasdawg
10-27-2017, 04:29 PM
And more Mullen rumors will be coming...

Yep. I?ve just come to expect and don?t get worked up over it any more. One day they?ll be right and then they?ll all crow and shout how they knew this was coming.

DownwardDawg
10-27-2017, 04:32 PM
Yep. I?ve just come to expect and don?t get worked up over it any more. One day they?ll be right and then they?ll all crow and shout how they knew this was coming.

Lol. Yep. Ten years later!! It's like the people predicting the end of the world. Eventually it's gonna happen.

Dawgology
10-27-2017, 04:58 PM
What’s funny is if he ever leaves after being here 10+ years they will say “see...we told you!”. Meanwhile their own programs have changed coaches multiple times in that time frame. Hahha

fader2103
10-27-2017, 05:21 PM
I think Mrs. Mullen will veto a return to Gainesville, but will Pawl start his rumors on Monday to include Mullen to Tenn or Florida.

ScottH
10-27-2017, 05:28 PM

This x 100.

He was hired to do the things Foley doesn't want to.

Marketing, glad handing and minor sports.

If it's heavy lifting, Foley remains the man.

msbulldog
10-27-2017, 05:56 PM

You're right WMD, Foley still has an office as does Spurrier in the AD building, I bet their on the same floor as Strick's office.
I would be inclined to believe that Strick doesn't make a move without getting an ok from Foley. I bet if Spurrier is pissed Foley won't be happy and I would also bet Strick ain't real happy either.
Now Mac has a couple of East titles in his pocket, that and $2.00 will get you a cup of coffee. His current season ain't going real swimmingly, I would not be surprised by an announcement. I have started to wonder if Mac and Butch Jones might be long lost brothers.

Lord McBuckethead
10-27-2017, 06:22 PM
MO has been to Atlanta....twice

IMissJack
10-27-2017, 06:33 PM
I think Mrs. Mullen will veto a return to Gainesville, but will Pawl start his rumors on Monday to include Mullen to Tenn or Florida.

Of course Paul will. Mullen was a former OC there, and now our former AD is their AD. It is low hanging fruit for him.

HoopsDawg
10-27-2017, 06:56 PM
Maybe the perception has changed, but other fanbases I talk to don't want Mullen. My UGA buddy said he would give up UGA football if they hired Mullen. This was a couple of years ago before they hired Smart.

Bodaski
10-27-2017, 07:32 PM
Man, MSU really is about to start controlling the SEC completely. Got TSUN on probation by having recruits get free stuff from Rebel Rags, Got Stricklin in at Florida to take out their Head Coach, Sent the Ninja to Bama. I am guessing Saban will be gone by next year at this rate (you heard it here first).

And especially don't forget that Mark Keenum is the chairman of the presidents in the conference.

msstate7
10-27-2017, 07:36 PM
Maybe the perception has changed, but other fanbases I talk to don't want Mullen. My UGA buddy said he would give up UGA football if they hired Mullen. This was a couple of years ago before they hired Smart.

I do not see Florida going after Mullen. I feel like Mullen would absolutely kill it there though.

Dawgfan77
10-27-2017, 07:41 PM
I do not see Florida going after Mullen. I feel like Mullen would absolutely kill it there though.
Mullen will not be the HC at UF. I?m not gonna say why let?s just say that. Also with PF.. Mullen and PF share the same agent. Could mean nothin but just sayin Sexton is a UT grad

IMissJack
10-27-2017, 08:53 PM
Mullen will not be the HC at UF. I?m not gonna say why let?s just say that. Also with PF.. Mullen and PF share the same agent. Could mean nothin but just sayin Sexton is a UT grad

Finebaum went to UT also I believe.

Coach34
10-27-2017, 10:51 PM
Well, Strick used to let things leak out on message boards ahead of time to get reaction when he was here.

Greg Byrne taught him that- thats how C34 mushroomed info-wise

msbulldog
10-28-2017, 06:23 AM
Greg Byrne taught him that- thats how C34 mushroomed info-wise

Your Sauce!

Dawgfan77
10-28-2017, 10:49 AM
Twitter say... UF and Sexton working on a buyout

Bothrops
10-28-2017, 11:22 AM
I think he's toast. Mullen to Florida rumors are already going around. How sad these folks are.

Maroonthirteen
10-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Finbaum is sensationalism at its worst. He said something to the effect of it was sad that the cocktail party was overshadowed by McElwain rumors, after he read Stricklins statement on the matter. Well Paul ignited the rumors and fans the flames with the constant talk about hotseats. Finbaum knows it is a topic that grabs the attention of the fans and he rides the drama for all the ratings he can get.

Finbaum can't help himself. He was giving his take on the PSUvOSU game. He said if the OSU shows up that played Oklahoma, the coaching seat would be hot in Columbus (not verbatim but close). Ridiculous statement.

louisvilledawg
10-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Have a coworker that say the guy in front for the job is Mike Norvell

msstate7
10-28-2017, 03:22 PM
Have a coworker that say the guy in front for the job is Mike Norvell

I would take fuente from VT if I wanted a Memphis coach

RocketDawg
10-28-2017, 03:33 PM
I would take fuente from VT if I wanted a Memphis coach

He would be an excellent hire for Florida. Then VT could get Norvell.