PDA

View Full Version : Book Of Manning

PassInterference
09-25-2013, 09:04 AM
Walker Jones has gotta be pissed. There was supposed to be a segment about not having abortions, but I guess it didn't make the cut.

HancockCountyDog
09-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Didn't watch it and have no intention to.

I doubt bear fans would watch the chronicles of king jackie, smackings of smoot, or diatribes of dontae.

Coach34
09-25-2013, 09:11 AM
that chapter was titled "Brotha from Anotha Motha"

Op4isabitch
09-25-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm with you HCD, I still haven't watched the blindside and I won't be watching the book of Manning.

bocfarm
09-25-2013, 09:22 AM
I thought it was very good, didn't realize the seriousness of Cooper's diagnoses. Good guys.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2013, 09:22 AM
I watched it and it is pretty good. It is really about the Mannings and not Ole Miss but you can't help bringing Ole Miss into it. There is one part where Ole Miss looks really bad. It's the part of the book where they are talking Peyton. The Ole Miss fans looked really bad. With Cooper not too much about Ole Miss, more about him and his illness but with Ely is where Ole Miss comes up the most. This is where they tie one son to the father. I say hold your nose and watch it. It's pretty good and they do mention Miss State. There are a lot of home movies in it and it really does make Archie look like a good guy and a great father. The part that really got to me emotionally is where they talked about how he got beat to death during the game but always came home and play with his sons and he never talked about the game with them. They did not know if the Saints won or lost.

mic
09-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Walker Jones has gotta be pissed. There was supposed to be a segment about not having abortions, but I guess it didn't make the cut.

That's strong...

drummerdawg
09-25-2013, 09:27 AM
When they were on Peyton they said as much about ole miss as they did Tennessee.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2013, 10:03 AM
When they were on Peyton they said as much about ole miss as they did Tennessee.

But it wasn't good. In fact Ole Miss should be ashamed.

Coach 57
09-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Jack's right. Watched it & it talked about how the bears were angry "Archie LET Peyton go to UT." Archie didn't "LET" Peyton go to UT it's where Peyton wanted to go. Archie let Peyton decide as it was his decision anyways. Apparently there were quite a few ugly letters & calls made to the family. And as Jack said it made the ReBearSharks look bad.