PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta United......

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Best 0-0 game I've ever seen on the ESPN2 right now. It's a playoff game so ther will be a winner.

BulldogDX55
10-26-2017, 07:52 PM
Best 0-0 game I've ever seen on the ESPN2 right now. It's a playoff game so ther will be a winner.

It?s amazing. Both teams are quite even so far with so many shots juuuuust off.

BrunswickDawg
10-26-2017, 07:57 PM
Has been a great game

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2017, 08:20 PM
Another one off the bar. What a game!

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2017, 08:44 PM
PKs. Great first save for the Crew.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Another Atlanta Collapse......the sport doesn't matter.

BrunswickDawg
10-26-2017, 09:10 PM
Another Atlanta Collapse......the sport doesn't matter.

That?s why I swore off the Falcons after ?98.

mstatefan91
10-26-2017, 11:37 PM
First year for ATL UTD. They shouldn't have even made the playoffs. Great season. Disappointing ending. Great things to come.

BrunswickDawg
10-27-2017, 07:00 AM
First year for ATL UTD. They shouldn't have even made the playoffs. Great season. Disappointing ending. Great things to come.
It really was. It?s absolutely ridiculous that it took MLS 20 years to put a team in ATL. And everyone acts surprised that Atlanta has blown out every attendance record in American professional soccer history when they used to have 10,000 at NASL indoor games in the early 80?s.

War Machine Dawg
10-27-2017, 07:42 AM
Man, that was an INCREDIBLE game. Atlanta has been super fun to watch and they built the franchise to compete immediately. They brought in lots of young Hispanic attacking talent and combined them with Tata Martinez's attacking philosophy as coach. They're going to be a legit MLS Cup contender sooner rather than later as they add depth to the squad and get younger & better in some key areas.

The PK shootout was fun. That first save was incredible. Villalba's PK was great. The other 2 were just shitty attempts. It sucks that we had taken off Martinez. You have to think he would make his PK and give you a fighting chance. Unfortunately, dude was absolutely gassed and looked like he picked up a knock to his ankle late in extra time.

Now I'm rooting for Nashville to be one of the 4 expansion clubs they're announcing in December. The city and fans their want it badly. Let's hope MLS agrees that it's a good fit.

Beaver
10-27-2017, 07:55 AM
Tough one for me. Hometown is Atlanta but currently live in Columbus. The Crew's owner has said he will move the Crew to Austin, Texas in 2019 unless a new stadium is built. There were 'Save the Crew' rallies here over the weekend. I was rooting for Atlanta to win, but I've enjoyed going to Crew games this summer and don't want to see them go.

TimberBeast
10-27-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm no fan of soccer, would never watch it, but I will say that now is the time for it to become a big sport in this country while the NFL is currently committing suicide.

MrBigStuff
10-27-2017, 02:22 PM
I went to the game and wondered just how many near misses could there be. First time to MBS and MLS game. Atmosphere was off the chain. Was surprised at how well I could see the game from the upper deck.

mstatefan91
10-27-2017, 02:24 PM
I'm no fan of soccer, would never watch it, but I will say that now is the time for it to become a big sport in this country while the NFL is currently committing suicide.

I do wonder if that's part of it. But I kind of doubt it. ATL was always ripe for a soccer team

Outside Dawg
10-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Now I'm rooting for Nashville to be one of the 4 expansion clubs they're announcing in December. The city and fans their want it badly. Let's hope MLS agrees that it's a good fit.

I've been following this closely and would love it. I've been to one MLS game (Orlando), and would love something close to Memphis.

War Machine Dawg
10-27-2017, 03:11 PM
I've been following this closely and would love it. I've been to one MLS game (Orlando), and would love something close to Memphis.

It's a pretty easy 3 hour trip for me to Nash. Would be great to have a team close enough to day trip to. Would be about the same as going to Starkville from Memphis.

TimberBeast
10-27-2017, 03:13 PM
It's a pretty easy 3 hour trip for me to Nash. Would be great to have a team close enough to day trip to. Would be about the same as going to Starkville from Memphis.

Day tripping? Now this thread just got interesting.

jumbo
10-27-2017, 03:14 PM

I'm pretty confident we will get an expansion team. We've shown the support for the USMNT and when they had the ICC here this summer there was a huge crowd.

Throw in that the stadium proposal is going to be privately funded, Nashville is an extremely attractive option.

TheRef
10-27-2017, 04:26 PM
I'm pretty confident we will get an expansion team. We've shown the support for the USMNT and when they had the ICC here this summer there was a huge crowd.

Throw in that the stadium proposal is going to be privately funded, Nashville is an extremely attractive option.

90/10 Private/Public is what I saw in all the reports. Wanted to be at the open hearing on it for the Council, but I was at work.

dawgs
10-27-2017, 05:59 PM
https://youtu.be/eqL7LIu7qEI

This Portland Timbers/Kansas City shootout in the knockout round of the playoffs a couple years ago is probably the most intense sporting event I?ve ever attended in my life. The KC guy hitting it off both the left and right posts on the same shot without the ball somehow crossing the line is insane. Game decided by the goalies taking PKs. It was really really really intense in a way I don?t know that football or basketball can ever be. A crazy postseason baseball game like game 2 the other night is the only comparison imo.

Edit: not sure why the video isn’t embedding. Well worth the click through though.