PDA

View Full Version : The marriage of 247 and GP is not off to a good start

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-25-2017, 11:22 PM
It has gotten pretty heated over there all because Steve said on TBY something about bringing Paul and Robbie on board with Genespage. At first I was pretty pissed about this whole deal but I'm at the point now where I just want to get over it and move on.

Dawgtini
10-25-2017, 11:33 PM
Meh. I think it is going pretty well considering. It?s still very new to everyone but some real progress has been made. It is obvious (to me at least) that Steve and Paul are working together in a concerted effort to ?calm the storm? and bring everyone together.

The fact that they were competitors just a few short months ago and now are in the same team will require some adjustments, but I think they are ahead of the curve to be honest.

Todd4State
10-25-2017, 11:33 PM
It's silly. I think it comes down to a lot of the 247 people don't like Gene because he banned or censored a lot of them in the past and they don't want his name on the board. If it wasn't called "Genespage" I think it would have gone a lot smoother but Paul and Robbie have managed it about as well as I think anyone could and eventually people will move on and forget about it and things will return to normal.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2017, 12:39 AM
I think the people over there complaining about getting the most extensive coverage in the history of MSU sports are dumb as 17

TUSK
10-26-2017, 01:41 AM
GD, I’m a freaking Bammer & I know better than to listen to Gene.

Jesus, I’ve a jar of leaches I’ll sell you cheap, if you’ve a med license.

Gawd.

Cooterpoot
10-26-2017, 05:41 AM
It’s like watching someone’s kids trying to put them in a nursing home.

msbulldog
10-26-2017, 06:14 AM
I been a member of 247 for 4 or 5 years, because I really like good recruiting news. Never read any Scout or Gene's page. The first thing I ever read, written by Gene Swindoll was that this site was this is going to be named Gene's Page and if you didn't like it tough. I thought to myself what an arrogant dik. I find myself pretty much reading what I always have the biscuits, 3 things I know, and the old message board scout hasn't brought me anything.

thf24
10-26-2017, 07:31 AM
How involved is Gene at this point? If he's still in the day to day mix, I can see huge issues arising if he starts trying to censor 247 people.

Todd4State
10-26-2017, 07:44 AM
How involved is Gene at this point? If he's still in the day to day mix, I can see huge issues arising if he starts trying to censor 247 people.

It appears to me from the outside as if Gene owns the name and just takes pictures and goes to baseball scrimmages but Paul, Robbie, and Rosebowl appear to be running the show. And that includes the message boards which are being run like they were when it was just 247 sports so Gene isn't supposed to be censoring or anything like that.

jdwhite
10-26-2017, 07:48 AM
There are less than 10 posters making a big deal about any slight real or imagined issue(s) and at this point I believe most of them have been put on ignore by the GP folks. Hopefully they let it go or at least dial back their protest because both Steve and Paul are spending a lot of time trying to clam those 10 down they could be spending on real content. But they are making a real effort to answer the complaints.

As for Gene he doesn't appear to be involved much other than writing stories about basketball and baseball.

JDog13
10-26-2017, 08:06 AM
Anyone got a link

Dawgtini
10-26-2017, 08:18 AM
Anyone got a link

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Board/59413/Contents/Steve-and-todays-Boneyard-109449013

KentuckyDawg13
10-26-2017, 08:52 AM
Seeing "Gene's Page" at the top is really freaking annoying. Bad move by Jorts.

jumbo
10-26-2017, 09:12 AM
I think the people over there complaining about getting the most extensive coverage in the history of MSU sports are dumb as 17

No one is complaining about the coverage. The complaints are over Gene's ego and having to keep his name on the site because of his "brand". So now the biggest site associated with MSU sports has a name that has nothing to do with MSU.

They are also pissed because David Murray went and started censoring and editing peoples post to things they did not say.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2017, 09:14 AM
I mean, these people are now getting bones, biscuits, and double the amount of stories without having to pay an extra dime.

Think about how petty and ridiculous you have to be to be upset about that just because the name of a damn site?

Why does anyone care what the name of the damn site is?

It’s absolutely mind boggling to me how people could possibly be upset by getting more for their money.

As you have read from many of my posts, I absolutley Love MSU and Mississippi with a passion, but I can’t stand most MSU fans. Living in another state, I’ve learned to see what state pride and optimism can do for a community, and it frustrates the hell out of me how many Mississippians can’t see it.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2017, 09:15 AM
No one is complaining about the coverage. The complaints are over Gene's ego and having to keep his name on the site because of his "brand". So now the biggest site associated with MSU sports has a name that has nothing to do with MSU.

They are also pissed because David Murray went and started censoring and editing peoples post to things they did not say.

Who cares?

It’s petty and ridiculous. Just enjoy to unlimited info that the site now provides. Sheesh

jumbo
10-26-2017, 09:19 AM
Who cares?

It’s petty and ridiculous. Just enjoy to unlimited info that the site now provides. Sheesh

Again, it has nothing to do with the coverage. It's the fact that a large number of the 247 posters left GP because of the censorship, banning and agree with us or get out mentality.

247 was free of that until the "merger" happened and now Gene is "in charge" and on day 1 the censorship shows back up.

shannondawg
10-26-2017, 09:28 AM
I have been a member of 247 for several years, rarely go there and only usually just read Paul's posts. Was an original member of Gene's page way back when he started, just drifted away, when another board dawgstalk was formed and got banned from there, it faded, went to sixpack but was so relieved when edawgs was founded.

Had been wanting to go to Gene's page just because of Rosie, but would not spend the nickle to do so, so am delighted that can go there from my 247 page now, don't give a hoot and holler who the 17 name is on it. Just look over the posts and if I see something that interests me go to it, do that on all 3 boards for that matter.

The way its set up over there, you have the 247 board and have to click a link to go to the other, so I really can't see what the hub bub is all about, don't like it don't go to it.

jumbo
10-26-2017, 09:32 AM
The way its set up over there, you have the 247 board and have to click a link to go to the other, so I really can't see what the hub bub is all about, don't like it don't go to it.

that's going away. the boards will be merged into one soon.

shannondawg
10-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Again, it has nothing to do with the coverage. It's the fact that a large number of the 247 posters left GP because of the censorship, banning and agree with us or get out mentality.

247 was free of that until the "merger" happened and now Gene is "in charge" and on day 1 the censorship shows back up.

Rosie said mostly rebs were banned for trolling in last few years. I know Gene got ban happy back when Larry T was AD, people were wanting to get rid of him and Gene was banning people right and left. Turned out ole LT was a partner with Gene.

JDog13
10-26-2017, 10:02 AM
I love that people are butt hurt about 247 taking the Genespage name. Yes it's an odd name. It's just a name. Get over it cupcakes.

basedog
10-26-2017, 10:06 AM
I have been a member of 247 for several years, rarely go there and only usually just read Paul's posts. Was an original member of Gene's page way back when he started, just drifted away, when another board dawgstalk was formed and got banned from there, it faded, went to sixpack but was so relieved when edawgs was founded.

Had been wanting to go to Gene's page just because of Rosie, but would not spend the nickle to do so, so am delighted that can go there from my 247 page now, don't give a hoot and holler who the 17 name is on it. Just look over the posts and if I see something that interests me go to it, do that on all 3 boards for that matter.

Banned from dawgstalk, I think you and I had each other's back, now I understand it is a thing of the past!

HoopsDawg
10-26-2017, 02:23 PM
I only have 2 complaints:

1. the name sucks and is ridiculous. Should be called Hail State 247
2. There should be 2 boards only: a msu sports board and a msu recruiting board. Seems pretty obvious but not to them.

jumbo
10-26-2017, 02:39 PM
I only have 2 complaints:

1. the name sucks and is ridiculous. Should be called Hail State 247
2. There should be 2 boards only: a msu sports board and a msu recruiting board. Seems pretty obvious but not to them.

They're going to consolidate the boards. I believe it's going to be:

Football/Recruiting
MSU Sports
Baseball
Tickets

HoopsDawg
10-26-2017, 07:24 PM
They're going to consolidate the boards. I believe it's going to be:

Football/Recruiting
MSU Sports
Baseball
Tickets

Yeah, that just doesn't make sense to me. Just one board for sports and one board for recruiting.

KentuckyDawg13
10-27-2017, 09:10 AM
I don't pay a dime for that crap. Given the fact that the 247 board is an MSU related board, having a personal moniker on it is amateur. No other college board on 247 has someone's freaking name on it.

I haven't lived in Mississippi since 1990, but I will not forget the way Jort's has behaved in the past.

99jc
10-27-2017, 09:30 AM
I don't pay a dime for that crap. Given the fact that the 247 board is an MSU related board, having a personal moniker on it is amateur. No other college board on 247 has someone's freaking name on it.

I haven't lived in Mississippi since 1990, but I will not forget the way Jort's has behaved in the past.

Columbus. I was working at the athletic dept at state had a lot of inside info which I gave to him especially on recruiting. He wanted to quit the railroad and just cover MSU sports. When his site became big the university began watching it closely when something negative would come out They got on his case. It became so bad he was afraid they would take away his credintials. It became basically pump sunshine or else. Not saying Gene didn't over react but it was his lively hood. While he is imo eccentric and will never win a GQ contract for dress he loves MSU. He would cover events and Maryann would stay up till wee hours of the morning posting new info. Love him or hate him he had a vision that took off and he worked his butt off to make it succeed. In the early days he was the main source of info on MSU and that's just the way it was.

Turfdawg67
10-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Columbus. I was working at the athletic dept at state had a lot of inside info which I gave to him especially on recruiting. He wanted to quit the railroad and just cover MSU sports. When his site became big the university began watching it closely when something negative would come out They got on his case. It became so bad he was afraid they would take away his credintials. It became basically pump sunshine or else. Not saying Gene didn't over react but it was his lively hood. While he is imo eccentric and will never win a GQ contract for dress he loves MSU. He would cover events and Maryann would stay up till wee hours of the morning posting new info. Love him or hate him he had a vision that took off and he worked his butt off to make it succeed. In the early days he was the main source of info on MSU and that's just the way it was.

Well said. I always felt the same way... course I never got a timeout from Gene either.