PDA

View Full Version : Iditarod 2018

jbjones
10-25-2017, 07:47 PM
The event staff are already drawing some ire from mushers and the community. A few weeks ago, they released a statement that one musher's dogs were found to have a banned drug in their systems. A later article I read stated that many mushers were pressing for the release of the name of the guilty party. Dallas Seavey, four-time Idatrod Champion was named as having four dogs test positive. There has already been one musher drop out of the 2018 event because of how the racing body handled this, Dallas has announced he will not race either. Dallas has denied the allegations.

The Iditarod was already struggling with sponsorship, and announced a smaller purse, from what I remember reading a while back. They certainly didn't need this kind of publicity, and I think it's far from over. At any rate, I hope Seth kicks some ass this year.

dallas-seavey-denies-giving-his-sled-dogs-a-prohibited-drug (https://www.adn.com/outdoors-adventure/iditarod/2017/10/24/dallas-seavey-denies-giving-his-sled-dogs-a-prohibited-drug/)