PDA

View Full Version : Awesome job, Brad Paisley!!!

WSOPdawg
10-25-2017, 07:06 PM
One of the best National Anthem renditions I've ever seen or heard at a sporting event. Definitely a highlight of this year's World Series. Kudos!!!

WSOPdawg
10-25-2017, 07:12 PM
And the Vin Scully brings out Fernando Valenzuela to throw out the 1st pitch! Talking about stepping back in time.

Commercecomet24
10-25-2017, 07:15 PM
I lived in Los Angeles in 1985-86. Been to dodger stadium several times. Saw Fernando pitch. Great atmosphere for Baseball even if the crowds are a little more laid back than fans here in the South.

RocketDawg
10-25-2017, 07:26 PM
One of the best National Anthem renditions I've ever seen or heard at a sporting event. Definitely a highlight of this year's World Series. Kudos!!!

I missed it ... turned there just as Vin Scully was leading the 1, 2, 3 thing. He looked shaky ... does he have Parkinson's?

IMissJack
10-25-2017, 07:29 PM
I missed it ... turned there just as Vin Scully was leading the 1, 2, 3 thing. He looked shaky ... does he have Parkinson's?

Don't know if he has Parkinsons, but he has to be close to 90. I think he worked for the Dodgers for 67 years or something.

RocketDawg
10-25-2017, 07:29 PM
I lived in Los Angeles in 1985-86. Been to dodger stadium several times. Saw Fernando pitch. Great atmosphere for Baseball even if the crowds are a little more laid back than fans here in the South.

I've been there only once. A buddy and I were there on a business trip and decided to see if we could go see a game. Had no tickets. Ran into someone in the parking lot who said he had two extra tickets and offered them to us, no charge. And they were legitimate ... halfway between 3rd and home, about midway up in the first level. Had a great time. I still remember the peanut salesman guy ... he was accurate throwing peanuts from 50 feet away. And you just passed your money down to him. Apparently everybody was honest. That was in the early 90s.

RocketDawg
10-25-2017, 07:35 PM
Justin Turner looks like a Viking. :)

Commercecomet24
10-25-2017, 07:39 PM
I've been there only once. A buddy and I were there on a business trip and decided to see if we could go see a game. Had no tickets. Ran into someone in the parking lot who said he had two extra tickets and offered them to us, no charge. And they were legitimate ... halfway between 3rd and home, about midway up in the first level. Had a great time. I still remember the peanut salesman guy ... he was accurate throwing peanuts from 50 feet away. And you just passed your money down to him. Apparently everybody was honest. That was in the early 90s.

It really is a different kind of fan base and atmosphere there. A lot of really nice folks and really calm crowd who wont show a lot of animosity towards players or other teams fans(accept the Giants).

RocketDawg
10-25-2017, 07:51 PM
It really is a different kind of fan base and atmosphere there. A lot of really nice folks and really calm crowd who wont show a lot of animosity towards players or other teams fans(accept the Giants).

The same can be said for Philadelphia. I've spent a lot of time there with the Navy and have been to several games in the old Vet. You couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of fans ... and many parts of the city itself aren't safe at all. Their big rival was (and I suppose still is) the Mets, but it was a friendly rivalry.

parabrave
10-25-2017, 07:56 PM
The same can be said for Philadelphia. I've spent a lot of time there with the Navy and have been to several games in the old Vet. You couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of fans ... and many parts of the city itself aren't safe at all. Their big rival was (and I suppose still is) the Mets, but it was a friendly rivalry.

You forgot to add the *****.

Commercecomet24
10-25-2017, 07:57 PM

That?s interesting about philly. Always thought they?d be more rowdy. Always enjoy hearing other people?s exoeriences gives you a better perspective than what you read in the media.

confucius say
10-25-2017, 08:16 PM

You should go to an eagles game. Where there was a jail under the old stadium to house all the people arrested during the game. True story.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-25-2017, 09:02 PM

Never heard Philadelphia fans and nice said together in the same sentence

RocketDawg
10-25-2017, 09:10 PM
Never heard Philadelphia fans and nice said together in the same sentence

Baseball, yes (at least in the '90s), and I've been to several games there. Never been to an Eagles game.