PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Rodgers just shat all over Fitzgerald on SEC Now.

AlmostPositive
10-24-2017, 08:41 PM
"How would you assess Nick Fitzgerald's progress up to now?"

Answer was almost entirely negative "Lack of consistency..... doesn't have an answer against good defenses...not seeing the field, not playing with confidence.. in the right circumstance he can be...good.

Immediately afterwards, he was glowing about Kellen Mond. No negatives.."happy with his progress.. happy with how he has developed, most impressive is how he goes through his progressions, he is poised in the pocket, makes plays with his legs when he needs to.

Hey Jordan, watch your own network. Fitzgerald is No 1 in QBR in the conference, No 2 in Total Yardage. Kellen Mond is...not even close.

Somebody has an agenda....

Hasu Dackds
10-24-2017, 08:44 PM
We'll find out Saturday. If we beat aTm look for the 'Mullen to.....' rumors to heat back up.

All that passive aggressive sh*t they throw at us won't stop until Mullen stops it, or we win something tangible. Just the facts.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2017, 08:45 PM
Wow I?m no expert like Rodgers but I?ve watched every am game. Mond can run but as a passer he?s limited and as far as reads go it looks like they?ve told him if 1-2 ain?t open take off. I guess hes been listening to chizik.

msstate7
10-24-2017, 08:46 PM
Fitz is #8 in the country in qbr. Not surprised fitz is critiqued so hard by secn... fitz gets ripped here

Todd4State
10-24-2017, 08:47 PM
I would love for Dan to say something smartass to ESPN if we beat them. Followed up by "By the way- I'm not going to leave MSU for a lateral move like Tennessee."

BeardoMSU
10-24-2017, 08:56 PM
Aaron Rogers brother is lucky for 3 things: 1) he's Aaron Rodgers' brother; 2) he's Aaron Rogers' brother; and 3) he doesn't look like Sloth from the Goonies.

Seriously. This dipshit is one of the best examples of that person you work with who only has their job because they're someone's fu<kin' cousin. He's just a pretty boy in a suit talking about football. There are literally countless guys who played more meaningful snaps in the SEC who would be more mentally equipped to perform his job, but ya know....they ain't pretty boys...so....

Commercecomet24
10-24-2017, 08:59 PM
Aaron Rogers brother is lucky for 3 things: 1) he's Aaron Rodgers' brother; 2) he's Aaron Rogers' brother; and 3) he doesn't look like Sloth from the Goonies.

Seriously. This dipshit is one of the best examples of that person you work with who only has their job because they're someone's fu<kin' cousin. He's just a pretty boy in a suit talking about football. There are literally countless guys who played more meaningful snaps in the SEC who would be more mentally equipped to perform his job, but ya know....they ain't pretty boys...so....

Very. Well. Put!

msstate7
10-24-2017, 09:05 PM

Never knew you were so attracted to Jordan haha

Intramural All-American
10-24-2017, 09:06 PM
Fitz is #8 in the country in qbr. Not surprised fitz is critiqued so hard by secn... fitz gets ripped here

Unpopular opinion, but Fitz is #8 in the country because of his elite running ability, not anything to do with his passing. His passer rating is the 3rd worst of starters in the SEC. Fitz is a very good athlete playing QB, but he is by no means a great QB. So it is not shocking at all the pundits will belittle his passing acumen. Arguing that Rodgers is an idiot for pimping Mond is fair, though. The kid really hasn't looked great.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2017, 09:08 PM
Maybe Rodgers is just jealous cause he couldn?t hold Fitz jock.

TrapGame
10-24-2017, 09:09 PM
He's living in the shadow of Jay Cutler.

He looks like one of the Backstreet Boys, not a former SEC QB.

He has more hair gel in his hair then most guys from the Jersey Shore.

msstate7
10-24-2017, 09:10 PM
Unpopular opinion, but Fitz is #8 in the country because of his elite running ability, not anything to do with his passing. His passer rating is the 3rd worst of starters in the SEC. Fitz is a very good athlete playing QB, but he is by no means a great QB. So it is not shocking at all the pundits will belittle his passing acumen. Arguing that Rodgers is an idiot for pimping Mond is fair, though. The kid really hasn't looked great.

My favorite college qb of all time, tommie Frazier was great bc of his legs. This is college football... you don?t have to be a great passer to be a great college qb. Here?s an even more unpopular opinion, fitz is a great college qb

BeardoMSU
10-24-2017, 09:10 PM
Never knew you were so attracted to Jordan haha

Lol. Watch it, homie....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/94/41/72/944172bf3fe82ef97e2a073059920bf4.gif

Commercecomet24
10-24-2017, 09:13 PM
My favorite college qb of all time, tommie Frazier was great bc of his legs. This is college football... you don?t have to be a great passer to be a great college qb. Here?s an even more unpopular opinion, fitz is a great college qb

This is correct. You dont have to be an nfl passer to be a great college qb. There?s more to playing qb in college than being a great passer. The list is quite long of great college qbs who never played a down in the nfl.

AlmostPositive
10-24-2017, 09:14 PM

You should let the folks in charge of overall QBR know that that they are wrong.

tcdog70
10-24-2017, 09:16 PM

If you factor in the many drops by our WRs then Fitz wouldn't be 3td worse in the SEC. If they had caught just half the balls they dropped He would be over 60% and in the top half of the SEC. I'll take Fitz they can have Mond.

BulldogBear
10-24-2017, 09:16 PM
I would love for Dan to say something smartass to ESPN if we beat them. Followed up by "By the way- I'm not going to leave MSU for a lateral move like Tennessee."

He would be our hero if he did this. Wonder why he never does?

Lord McBuckethead
10-24-2017, 09:18 PM
This is correct. You dont have to be an nfl passer to be a great college qb. There?s more to playing qb in college that being a great passer. The list is quite long.

I disagree. The list is short.
1. Win games.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2017, 09:18 PM
You should let the folks in charge of overall QBR know that that they are wrong.

Good point. I believe qbr takes in all facets of the qbs game so as to show which qbs are the best qbs overall.

Johnson85
10-24-2017, 09:20 PM
If you factor in the many drops by our WRs then Fitz wouldn't be 3td worse in the SEC. If they had caught just half the balls they dropped He would be over 60% and in the top half of the SEC. I'll take Fitz they can have Mond.

It's not just drops, he doesn't have a single guy that can consistently get separation. You give fitz just a legit number one receiver, and it would make a huge difference in his stats.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2017, 09:20 PM
I disagree. The list is short.
1. Win games.

Lol Sorry I didn?t finish that sentence. It should?ve said the list is quite long of great college qbs who never played a down in the nfl

LC Dawg
10-24-2017, 09:21 PM
I thought only smart people went to Vandy.

BeardoMSU
10-24-2017, 09:25 PM
I thought only smart people went to Vandy.

https://media.tenor.com/images/79cae678abd9f4571cb1a17b3658afd7/tenor.gif

Even this dipshit Vandy alum agrees, lol.
https://i0.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Skip-Bayless-Looks-at-Camera-Shakes-Head.gif?ssl=1

AlmostPositive
10-24-2017, 09:27 PM
Jordan Rodgers is not an idiot. Which means he is just dishonest.

Intramural All-American
10-24-2017, 09:31 PM

Or you could look at the breakdown of QBR and realize that what I just said is the same thing. His running breakdown is so high, but his passing breakdown is in the bottom 1/3 of college football. I never belittled Fitz as a college QB. He is obviously a very good college QB. I pointed out that he is a very good college QB because of his running, not his passing. When people analyze QBs, they aren't analyzing their running ability. They analyze their passing ability, and that is not his strong suit. So as I said, it's not shocking at all that analysts wouldn't talk great about his QB stature. His stats prove he is a legit qb threat, though.

BrunswickDawg
10-24-2017, 09:35 PM
I got to watch the first half of the Kentucky game again today. Anyone who says Fitz isn?t going through his progressions isn?t paying attention. I counted at least 7 pass plays in the first half where you could visibly see him change where he was looking. Now, was he making the correct decision on those plays? I have no idea. But, 45-7 tells me he probably was most of the time.

AlmostPositive
10-24-2017, 09:36 PM
Or you could look at the breakdown of QBR and realize that what I just said is the same thing. His running breakdown is so high, but his passing breakdown is in the bottom 1/3 of college football. I never belittled Fitz as a college QB. He is obviously a very good college QB. I pointed out that he is a very good college QB because of his running, not his passing. When people analyze QBs, they aren't analyzing their running ability. They analyze their passing ability, and that is not his strong suit. So as I said, it's not shocking at all that analysts wouldn't talk great about his QB stature. His stats prove he is a legit qb threat, though.

My argument is with Jordan Rodgers, not with you. To denigrate Fitzgerald non-stop and then talk up Mond in the next breath is sports analyst malpractice.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2017, 09:40 PM
I?ve been telling you guys all day that there is a built in, perception bias against MSU. I?m honestly not sure what caused it and it may be one of the strangest phenomenons in the SEC.

We must be like the the nerdy, dorky high school kid that you always made fun of and could rest easy knowing you are better than. Then we married a hot blond and made a lot of money. Thus, we make others feel bad about themselves as they can?t undestand it.

Intramural All-American
10-24-2017, 09:42 PM
My argument is with Jordan Rodgers, not with you. To denigrate Fitzgerald non-stop and then talk up Mond in the next breath is sports analyst malpractice.

Gotcha. And I agree with that. Fitz has been infinitely better than Mond, so that makes no sense.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-24-2017, 09:45 PM
Too many analysts focus on what Fitzgerald can't do rather than on what he can do. He moves the football. He just moves it primarily on the ground rather than through the air. But the bottom line is that he still moves it.

Bill Belichik doesn't focus on what Tom Brady can't do. He doesn't cry and complain because Brady doesn't have the speed of RG3, the elusiveness of Johnny Manziel, or the athleticism of Cam Newton. Instead Belichik focused on what Brady CAN do, and used that to win a bunch of Super Bowls.

Political Hack
10-24-2017, 09:45 PM
To be fair, Fitz's progression is going a lot better than Jordan Rodgers went.

Commercecomet24
10-24-2017, 09:46 PM
I?ve been telling you guys all day that there is a built in, perception bias against MSU. I?m honestly not sure what caused it and it may be one of the strangest phenomenons in the SEC.

We must be like the the nerdy, dorky high school kid that you always made fun of and could rest easy knowing you are better than. Then we married a hot blond and made a lot of money. Thus, we make others feel bad about themselves as they can?t undestand it.

Reckon it has something to do with all the unm grads in the journalism industry?

Commercecomet24
10-24-2017, 09:47 PM
Too many analysts focus on what Fitzgerald can't do rather than on what he can do. He moves the football. He just moves it primarily on the ground rather than through the air. But the bottom line is that he still moves it.

Bill Belichik doesn't focus on what Tom Brady can't do. He doesn't cry and complain because Brady doesn't have the speed of RG3, the elusiveness of Johnny Manziel, or the athleticism of Cam Newton. Instead Belichik focused on what Brady CAN do, and used that to win a bunch of Super Bowls.

Gotta give you a big amen on that!

IMissJack
10-24-2017, 09:50 PM
"How would you assess Nick Fitzgerald's progress up to now?"

Answer was almost entirely negative "Lack of consistency..... doesn't have an answer against good defenses...not seeing the field, not playing with confidence.. in the right circumstance he can be...good.

Immediately afterwards, he was glowing about Kellen Mond. No negatives.."happy with his progress.. happy with how he has developed, most impressive is how he goes through his progressions, he is poised in the pocket, makes plays with his legs when he needs to.

Hey Jordan, watch your own network. Fitzgerald is No 1 in QBR in the conference, No 2 in Total Yardage. Kellen Mond is...not even close.

Somebody has an agenda....

Being Aaron's brother and looking GQ does not mean he knows what he is talking about. Fitz has never been thought of as a Pro Type passer, but he is exactly what Mullen wants in this offense. If Fitz was a great pro type passer, we would not be as good of a team, because we don't have the receivers, and we would lose his ground game.

IMissJack
10-24-2017, 09:56 PM

75 years of losing football is the main thing that caused it.

AlmostPositive
10-24-2017, 10:04 PM
I just tweeted Jordan Rodgers. He's not amused.

https://twitter.com/JRodgers11/status/923020825518845952

Commercecomet24
10-24-2017, 10:09 PM
I just tweeted Jordan Rodgers. He's not amused.

https://twitter.com/JRodgers11/status/923020825518845952

Looks like ole Jordan bypassed nicks stats against lsu and uk. Wonder what ole Jordan?s stats were against good d?s.

AFDawg
10-24-2017, 10:18 PM
Jordan Rodgers? The douche from The Bachelorette? What would he know?

dawgs
10-24-2017, 11:14 PM
Intramural All-American isn?t wrong y?all. Fitz isn?t a great passer. Yes, we don?t have the WRs to help him either, but you can?t watch the UGA and auburn games and come away without putting some of that blame on fitz. I don?t know that he threw a ball downfield in either of those games.

Also, factoring in his running abilities definitely motivates some of his passing struggles, but that doesn?t make him a good passer.

TUSK
10-24-2017, 11:38 PM
I think it's unfair to even compare the two. Mond made a couple "Manzielish" plays vs Bammer, so perhaps that what peeps remember.

As passers, they are nearly identical (statistically); However, Fitz's running ability separates him from Mond, IMO...

And, it should be considered that both Mond & Fitz still have time to develop....

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2017, 11:45 PM
75 years of losing football is the main thing that caused it.

True but much of today’s media doesn’t have a ton of recollection of us before Jackie Sherrill. Which means that, outside of the end of Sherrill’s years and 5 years of Croom, MSU has won an awful lot of football games.

Due to that, I think there is more to it.

Dawg61
10-25-2017, 12:38 AM

Dude won the Bachelorette. Yea he's a douche but he's as Hollywood as you can get. It's not exactly easy to win that contest. That's a shitload of camera time.

TUSK
10-25-2017, 12:42 AM
Dude won the Bachelorette. Yea he's a douche but he's as Hollywood as you can get. It's not exactly easy to win that contest. That's a shitload of camera time.

Yeppers... Don't know about you, 61, but I'm fresh outta Jesse Palmers....

RougeDawg
10-25-2017, 12:43 AM
Maybe Rodgers is just jealous cause he couldn?t hold Fitz jock.

He may be like his brother and jealous that he can?t hold Fitz?s cock!

TUSK
10-25-2017, 12:53 AM
He may be like his brother and jealous that he can?t hold Fitz?s cock!

Easy, there, Rouge... Let's not go all full retard....

munk_munk92
10-25-2017, 12:59 AM
Dan Mullen isn't going anywhere. He has some Mississippi State in him, he's got that underdog mentality. I honestly look for him to be here until he decides to retire or if the NFL comes calling. Other than that I don't see him leaving. I believe he is happy that he has a great AD behind him which means a lot, he get paid really well, and this is HIS team, he is building a legacy right here. Not to mention his family loves it here.

BrunswickDawg
10-25-2017, 06:02 AM
I was going to tweet something at Rodgers, then I realized these comments are pretty ****ing funny coming from a guy who once had a 37% completion percentage and 2 INTs against ARMY his Junior year, and had a shit career at Vandy. It?s called professional jealousy fellas.

ETA: I just went and looked at Mond's stats. I get he is a FR - but 3 of 17 (17.6%) for 27 yards against UCLA and 8 of 24 (33.3%) for 180 and an INT against UF is praiseworthy? No he's just another in a long line of overhyped TAMU QBs who figures out real quick that Sumlin won't be able to advance him any and will transfer out.

Take a peek too at TAMU's passing stats this year - 114 of 207 for 1380 yards, 7 TDs and 4 INTS?? Almost identical to MSU - except we have more TDs. Sumlin's high flying offense is a mirage.

Bubb Rubb
10-25-2017, 07:50 AM

Drops are at least partially on Fitz too. He doesn't throw an especially catchable ball. But like my old coach used to say...if you got your hands on it, you should have caught it.

Thompson throws a soft catchable ball. Fitz doesn't have the same touch on his throws. But He has gotten better and I'm sure he will continue to do so.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2017, 08:13 AM

He is a Toffee, what does he know.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2017, 09:10 AM
True question, who is jordan Rogers?

KentuckyDawg13
10-25-2017, 09:42 AM
Exactly!

True question, who is jordan Rogers?

AlmostPositive
10-25-2017, 10:51 AM
The obvious question to ask -- which Jordan Rodgers is not at all interested in asking -- is what would Fitzgerald be doing with average or better SEC wide receivers? He's throwing to rcvrs who are getting little if any separation. Still has the best overall QBR in the SEC and 8th nationally, but that is not meaningful, apparently.

RougeDawg
10-25-2017, 11:00 AM
Easy, there, Rouge... Let's not go all full retard....

So you discredit all those ?Hollywood? rumors about big brother Aaron? Serious question.

BuckyIsAB****
10-25-2017, 11:06 AM
Keep hating on Fitz and he'll keep breaking records its all good

Intramural All-American
10-25-2017, 11:32 AM
The obvious question to ask -- which Jordan Rodgers is not at all interested in asking -- is what would Fitzgerald be doing with average or better SEC wide receivers? He's throwing to rcvrs who are getting little if any separation. Still has the best overall QBR in the SEC and 8th nationally, but that is not meaningful, apparently.

Yet again, Fitz has proven he?s a very good college quarterback. He?s also shown he?s not a very good passer. He?s a very good quarterback due to his running abilities, and that translates to being a good college qb. It?s really not that hard of a concept to grasp. No one is hating on Fitzgerald as the QB, but not everyone is going to just blindly accept that his passing is good because his QBR is high due to his running ability. His passer rating has been in the 100s the past two seasons.

ETA: heck, GT’s QB is number 24 in QBR, and he has 456 yards and 5 tds this year at 52%.

msstate7
10-25-2017, 11:36 AM
Yet again, Fitz has proven he?s a very good college quarterback. He?s also shown he?s not a very good passer. He?s a very good quarterback due to his running abilities, and that translates to being a good college qb. It?s really not that hard of a concept to grasp. No one is hating on Fitzgerald as the QB, but not everyone is going to just blindly accept that his passing is good because his QBR is high due to his running ability. His passer rating has been in the 100s the past two seasons.

I get what you are saying, but mayfield is the only qb in the country with a rating above 200. Every qb is in the 100s. I will quit nitpicking now haha

msstate7
10-25-2017, 11:40 AM

ETA: heck, GT’s QB is number 24 in QBR, and he has 456 yards and 5 tds this year at 52%.

And drew lock is #44 with his #12 passing rating overall. Maybe qbr isn?t for you

Intramural All-American
10-25-2017, 11:42 AM
I get what you are saying, but mayfield is the only qb in the country with a rating above 200. Every qb is in the 100s. I will quit nitpicking now haha

Ha I meant ranked in the 100s in passer rating. I was mistaken, though. He was 84 last year and 94 this year. He was ranked in the 100s this year and last year in the passing component of QBR.

Sacrifice
10-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Keep hating on Fitz and he'll keep breaking records its all good

No doubt, if I didn?t watch the games and just read this board, I?d think Fitz couldn?t hit the blind side of a barn throwing a football.

TUSK
10-25-2017, 11:58 AM
So you discredit all those ?Hollywood? rumors about big brother Aaron? Serious question.

Ooooooooh, I took you figuratively... my bust.

I dunno if they smoke pole, or not... not that there’s anything wrong with that...

Anonymous
10-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Fitz biggest issue is that the WR's still struggle securing his passes. I would chalk it up to poor hands but we saw the same last year while they caught balls from DW just fine. Really hard to emphasize how detrimental those are in games where we are having to pass the ball more often.

Not sure if he throws a little too tight a spiral or what, you need a slight amount of wobble. Something small like that that just makes it a little different maybe.

Would love to see a pro football focus breakdown of him. They take drops and picks off deflection out of the equation and just judge throws/plays based solely on the player.

msstate7
10-25-2017, 01:20 PM
Fitz biggest issue is that the WR's still struggle securing his passes. I would chalk it up to poor hands but we saw the same last year while they caught balls from DW just fine. Really hard to emphasize how detrimental those are in games where we are having to pass the ball more often.

Not sure if he throws a little too tight a spiral or what, you need a slight amount of wobble. Something small like that that just makes it a little different maybe.

Would love to see a pro football focus breakdown of him. They take drops and picks off deflection out of the equation and just judge throws/plays based solely on the player.

Surely someone has a user account that can give us fitz?s rating. I would love to see as well

Sacrifice
10-25-2017, 02:16 PM
If Fitz stays healthy, despite all the drops, not playing an entire season in 16 and not playing an entire game this season. He will probably finish 2nd to Dak in every major passing catagory at state. Yards, completions, TDs etc.
He?s probably gonna break the SEC record for rushing yards by a qb and probably finish 2nd to Boobie in career rushing yards.
I believe he?s also got a shot at breaking Daks career TD record of 111 he?s at 63 right now.
Last but not least he should finish 3-0 against those little beeches up north

The guy is a stud! Can he throw the ball like Tom Brady? No but for what we do on offense he?s perfect.

Ari Gold
10-25-2017, 02:49 PM
I didn't read or hear what he said..
but if that bachelor reject douche is banging on him too hard , the the SEC network needs to look for a replacement asap.
That just shows his ignorance. You put Fitz on Auburn or LSU both would prob be undefeated.
For sure he needs to improve in the passing game , but so does 99% of all college QBs

Besides Lamar Jackson, Fitz is the biggest QB running homerun threat in college football.

The SEC network is going south rapidly with their football "experts"..

Commercecomet24
10-25-2017, 03:00 PM
but if that bachelor reject douche is banging on him too hard , the the SEC network needs to look for a replacement asap.
That just shows his ignorance. You put Fitz on Auburn or LSU both would prob be undefeated.
For sure he needs to improve in the passing game , but so does 99% of all college QBs

Besides Lamar Jackson, Fitz is the biggest QB running homerun threat in college football.

+1000

msstate7
10-25-2017, 03:14 PM

Fitz on auburn probably makes auburn a serious title contender. Auburn?s offense was better with Nick Marshall than JS... Nick Marshall is not close to fitz as a running qb.

drunkernhelldawg
10-25-2017, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't put the blame on Fitz alone, but it's true that we got nothing done vs. AU and UG this season. Need better line and receiver play, but qb can be key in overcoming weaknesses.

tcdog70
10-25-2017, 04:29 PM
maybe the 6 false starts against Georgia had some thing to do with our inability to score. That and their defense. plus throw in drops by your receivers and well you get the picture. Not all Fitz's fault. Besides how many teams in the last 5 years have rolled into Sanford and won?

drunkernhelldawg
10-25-2017, 04:42 PM
maybe the 6 false starts against Georgia had some thing to do with our inability to score. That and their defense. plus throw in drops by your receivers and well you get the picture. Not all Fitz's fault. Besides how many teams in the last 5 years have rolled into Sanford and won?

To be clear, I love Fitz and think he's great. I also think our team is in the process of going up a level. Fitz is the key player.

Johnson85
10-25-2017, 04:59 PM

This is the truth. Other than McElroy, it doesn't seem like any of them take it seriously enough to do as much research as a well informed message board poster. I get having a couple of "Boogers" that they think might have a big personality that will come through on screen with practice. But there have got to be a couple dozen ex SEC football players that had reasonable success on the field that were also students of the game and that can be as "charismatic" on camera as Gene Chizik or the old wide receiver from UGA (who nobody other than a hard core fan would recognize).

BrunswickDawg
10-25-2017, 05:56 PM
This is the truth. Other than McElroy, it doesn't seem like any of them take it seriously enough to do as much research as a well informed message board poster. I get having a couple of "Boogers" that they think might have a big personality that will come through on screen with practice. But there have got to be a couple dozen ex SEC football players that had reasonable success on the field that were also students of the game and that can be as "charismatic" on camera as Gene Chizik or the old wide receiver from UGA (who nobody other than a hard core fan would recognize).
Don?t pin Chris Doerhing (sp) on UGa - he is one of UF?s ?finest?

BB30
10-26-2017, 08:48 AM

It is pretty simple. Fitz throws rocket balls all over the field. He has improved from last year and doesn't have the WRs to help him out but he throws rockets. A lot of his reads he is just a hair late on... I don't know if he tries to make up for that by throwing the football 100 mph or not?

Jordan may have been a tad harsh on him but he has the opportunity to prove him wrong over the next few weeks(especially a&m) He looked pretty bad against UGA and his WRs didn't help him out against Auburn. That being said he is a really good college QB, nothing wrong with that. I think everyone expects him to make the same strides Dak did in the passing game while forgetting that Dak made his biggest strides throwing the football between the end of his JR year and through his senior year. Dak was a much better QB his senior year than he was his junior year.

I think you will see some much more naturally gifted passers come through over the next couple of years with the youngsters we have coming in. I don't buy this conspiracy against the Dogs, if you look at it without maroon colored glasses we have beat a couple of decent teams and gotten beat up on by one really good team and one above average team(AU). We win this weekend and everyone will be back on the State train. Have some patience, Rome wasn't built in a day.

KentuckyDawg13
10-26-2017, 09:01 AM
The uncalled/non-stop holding by UGA's OL and pass interference from their DBs was a major factor too. Simmons was held all night, usually by 2 or 3 OL.

TimberBeast
10-26-2017, 12:07 PM

I don't even try to watch the SEC network anymore, it's terrible. Every now and then we'll put a Big 10 volleyball game or some other sport on and end up leaving the TV on the Big 10 network for hours. It's 100 times more entertaining all the way around than the SEC network, and I freaking hate the Big 10.

Johnson85
10-26-2017, 02:39 PM
Don?t pin Chris Doerhing (sp) on UGa - he is one of UF?s ?finest?

ha, you caught exactly what I was doing. I just thought pinning Jorts and Doerhing on Florida fans was too much for any fan base to have to endure.

BrunswickDawg
10-26-2017, 02:56 PM
ha, you caught exactly what I was doing. I just thought pinning Jorts and Doerhing on Florida fans was too much for any fan base to have to endure.

Chris is actually a pretty nice guy. Met him at a GA/FL golf tournament 3-4 years ago. But, man, is he a dead fish on TV.