PDA

View Full Version : Announcement of NCAA Sanctions on ole miss...

Political Hack
10-24-2017, 08:18 PM
... may be moved up to before the egg bowl. I know all the yahoos told you otherwise, but it looks like it could happen before now. Not 100% confirmed, but in my experience this is pretty reliable.

Not sure the timing matters much, as long as it's before signing day, but it's worth sharing... and once again shows that, if true, the idiots are once again just spewing crap without regard for the truth. Once. Again.

Todd4State
10-24-2017, 08:22 PM
I would prefer it be after the Egg Bowl myself.

Political Hack
10-24-2017, 08:27 PM
It's already nasty. May as well turn the egg bowl into a wrestling match.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2017, 08:28 PM
... may be moved up to before the egg bowl. I know all the yahoos told you otherwise, but it looks like it could happen before now. Not 100% confirmed, but in my experience this is pretty reliable.

Not sure the timing matters much, as long as it's before signing day, but it's worth sharing... and once again shows that, if true, the idiots are once again just spewing crap without regard for the truth. Once. Again.

Wasn't the original speculation the week before the Egg Bowl?

Political Hack
10-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Was originally reported that it would be after. Maybe someone else got a hold of it too though. Not sure.

LC Dawg
10-24-2017, 08:40 PM
I want the Ole Miss fans to have as much hate as their hearts can handle before kickoff of the Egg Bowl because when that ass whipping gets going they are going to lose their minds. Any of them that **** up and make the trip to Starkville will regret it for a long time.

Todd4State
10-24-2017, 08:49 PM

I just want to rip any potential silver lining out of their souls. I'm kind of mean like that.

msstate7
10-24-2017, 08:51 PM
NCAA looks weak after unc... move om case up to save face

Schultzy
10-24-2017, 09:00 PM
It should be announced prior to the EB to show how stupid it is to think it even matters. Their sanctions are their own responsibility and the reason for them are theirs alone.

Finebaum was stupid to suggest otherwise.

MSU had two of the 52 student athletes that testified after being contacted by the NCAA.

ETA: one was still in HS at the time

thf24
10-24-2017, 09:00 PM
Might work in our favor if it's before. If more bowl ban is added, half their roster will be playing with one foot out the door.

BeardoMSU
10-24-2017, 09:02 PM
This would be bad news, if true. The shorter time they have to get into the coaching search frenzy, the better....

Tripp McNeely
10-24-2017, 09:08 PM
This would be bad news, if true. The shorter time they have to get into the coaching search frenzy, the better....

Awesome gif...awesome movie...but, the time frame for their coaching search won't matter. They will NOT do better than an Arkansas-level John L. Smith-type hire...book it!

somebodyshotmypaw
10-24-2017, 09:10 PM
In fairness, the NCAA should announce as soon as possible. This would give Ole Miss a chance to move forward with clarity in their coaching search because penalties would be known. Also, the employers of people such as Chris Kiffin would know what direction to head. Most importantly, recruits need ample time to make a decision (remember December signing day) and potential transfers need time to weigh their options. Right now, the NCAA has multiple schools, multiple staffs, multiple coaches, and many student athletes in limbo.

BeardoMSU
10-24-2017, 09:14 PM
Awesome gif...awesome movie...but, the time frame for their coaching search won't matter. They will NOT do better than an Arkansas-level John L. Smith-type hire...book it!

Thanks, and I agree (one of my favs, obviously). Regarding the timeline, though...you're probably right, they won't sniff a decent hire, but I still think having to pick from a pool that's already been pillaged will be preferable to getting in on someone early who just desperately wants an SEC job.

TrapGame
10-24-2017, 09:17 PM
Drop the hammer the week before the EB. Get it over with.

Gutter Cobreh
10-24-2017, 09:19 PM

You only know this because the NCAA is currently on our campus investigating our program and told someone about the announcement***

Johnson85
10-24-2017, 09:24 PM
Was originally reported that it would be after. Maybe someone else got a hold of it too though. Not sure.

Was it reported? Or did someone speculate that the NCAA might wait until after the egg bowl (Forde maybe?) and then finebaum run with it like an idiot and claim it was based on sources?

starkvegasdawg
10-24-2017, 09:26 PM

https://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/My+god+this+is+a+real+slobber+knocker+_a07b2332845 f3e24d1ca1a9ec0112612.jpg

Political Hack
10-24-2017, 09:42 PM
Was it reported? Or did someone speculate that the NCAA might wait until after the egg bowl (Forde maybe?) and then finebaum run with it like an idiot and claim it was based on sources?

I don't know. Honestly I don't pay much attention to any of the noise because people I consider to be reliable usually tell me what's really going on. I read it here that other people (OM goons, F-bomb types, etc...) were saying it would be after the egg bowl.

TUSK
10-24-2017, 10:37 PM
This is a weak ass thread....

I’d like to see:
1. Penalties come down (2 yr bowl ban & 30 schollies) 2 weeks before EB.
2. What few decent players they have transfer. (Dibs on AJ & Little)...
3. Week of EB, Harvey Updyke’s car breaks down just outside Oxford, & he thumbs a ride into town from a truck driver that works for Monsanto...
4. EB takes place.

�� dee rop

Commercecomet24
10-24-2017, 10:50 PM

I’d like to see:
3. Week of EB, Harvey Updyke’s car breaks down just outside Oxford, & he thumbs a ride into town from a truck driver that works for Monsanto...
4. EB takes place.

�� dee rop

If my memory serves Monsanto was one of the governments big suppliers of agent orange(heavy duty herbicide and defoliant) used in Vietnam. You?re not saying ole Harvey would poison the grove now are you?*******

TUSK
10-24-2017, 11:01 PM
If my memory serves Monsanto was one of the governments big suppliers of agent orange(heavy duty herbicide and defoliant) used in Vietnam. You?re not saying ole Harvey would poison the grove now are you?*******

1. Memory serves you correctly.
2. I don’t know what you are talkin’ bout.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
10-24-2017, 11:04 PM
It's already TOXIC. May as well turn the egg bowl into a wrestling match.

fify

Homedawg
10-24-2017, 11:12 PM
NCAA looks weak after unc... move om case up to save face

The NCAA had zero case against unc. Why is this still brought up and compared? Ugh

TUSK
10-24-2017, 11:25 PM
The NCAA had zero case against unc. Why is this still brought up and compared? Ugh

Yup, just like the Pedo State deal... NCAA overreach....

Reunion Dog
10-25-2017, 02:55 AM
Truth. Also was headed by our weak SEC Commissioner...

msbulldog
10-25-2017, 05:35 AM
In fairness, the NCAA should announce as soon as possible. This would give Ole Miss a chance to move forward with clarity in their coaching search because penalties would be known. Also, the employers of people such as Chris Kiffin would know what direction to head. Most importantly, recruits need ample time to make a decision (remember December signing day) and potential transfers need time to weigh their options. Right now, the NCAA has multiple schools, multiple staffs, multiple coaches, and many student athletes in limbo.

I want the sanctions to drop as close to the early signing date (after EB), to handcuff Mississippi's recruiting efforts.

Mimi's Babies
10-25-2017, 05:42 AM
Remember the NCAA usually drops the sanctions bomb on Fridays. So we have 10/28, 11/03, 11/10, 11/17, 11/24, 12/1, 12/8..... College is out for Christmas bteak.
So my guess:.
1. 11/17 -- is my guess
2. NCAA drop 12:01 am Friday November 24, 2017.
Just hours after the EB. Would be funny.
OR
Drop the NCAA COI penalities at kick off.

Either way... The NCAA is going to drop and all the crying will start.

Schultzy
10-25-2017, 07:39 AM
Yup, just like the Pedo State deal... NCAA overreach....

I haven’t been able to watch them play ever since...and have thought the overreach argument was a cop out to lesser sanctions.

That they have recovered so quickly from that seems bad for college athletics and society to me.

Not trying to one up you on the morality scale as many reasonable ppl agree it was an overreach and the ones guilty are gone now. It’s certainly a cautionary tale about idol worship and deifying leaders.

Jack Lambert
10-25-2017, 07:53 AM

Fairness? I had to endure hearing how great of a recruiter freeze was for four years when in reality he was a adulterer, lying, fake christian, cheating clown. Screw fairness when it comes to Ole Miss. I hope the NCAA cuts their nuts out and stick them in their mouth.

Dolphus Raymond
10-25-2017, 07:58 AM
Fairness? I had to endure hearing how great of a recruiter freeze was for four years when in reality he was a adulterer, lying, fake christian, cheating clown. Screw fairness when it comes to Ole Miss. I hope the NCAA cuts their nuts out and stick them in their mouth.

I'm with Jack. Screw those pencil-dick jackasses.

Dawgology
10-25-2017, 08:05 AM

Agreed. The fact that they blame MSU for all of this and not the coaches and AD that lied to them about it is disturbing. “Blind-faith culture” indeed!

Reason2succeed
10-25-2017, 08:09 AM
I want it to come out before so the commentators can talk about it ad nauseum during our game.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2017, 08:11 AM
Agreed. The fact that they blame MSU for all of this and not the coaches and AD that lied to them about it is disturbing. “Blind-faith culture” indeed!

THis shows that they are still all in on what was done and will go straight back to it once the NCAA leaves town.

TrapGame
10-25-2017, 08:25 AM
I want it to come out before so the commentators can talk about it ad nauseum during our game.

As we skull drag them for four quarters.

BulldogDX55
10-25-2017, 08:33 AM

I?d like to see:
3. Week of EB, Harvey Updyke?s car breaks down just outside Oxford, & he thumbs a ride into town from a truck driver that works for Monsanto...
4. EB takes place.

�� dee rop

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TUSK again.

Political Hack
10-25-2017, 08:49 AM

I find it sort of sad and funny at the same time. Doesn't really disturb me much though.

Commercecomet24
10-25-2017, 09:00 AM

Yep that was an institutional issue not an athletic department issue.

MadDawg
10-25-2017, 09:11 AM

This. All. Day.

Dawgology
10-25-2017, 09:22 AM
I find it sort of sad and funny at the same time. Doesn't really disturb me much though.

It's disturbing that a group of "educated" people could be so suckered in and then, when the truth is revealed, continue to deny and accept the lie. There is actually a term for this. Cognitive dissonance.

Pollodawg
10-25-2017, 09:27 AM

This. This. This. The only reason NC skated is because they proved that it wasn't only athletes getting to take sop courses.

Barking 13
10-25-2017, 10:18 AM

I?d like to see:
3. Week of EB, Harvey Updyke?s car breaks down just outside Oxford, & he thumbs a ride into town from a truck driver that works for Monsanto...
4. EB takes place.

�� dee rop

I bet he'd get a hard on in the grove.... The Roundup Roundup

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2017, 10:24 AM

The saving grace for UNC was the actual benefits were for the entire student population, it wasn't limited to athletes. The NCAA can't do anything to force universities to make their classes harder. They are only worried about if the schools are giving athletes advantages to keep them eligible. If a school offers a degree in basket weaving that is graded on nothing but effort then there isn't anything they can do.

It is like if the NCAA came down on Ole Miss for giving out a shit degree in Engineering. We all know that degree isn't worth the paper it is printed on but it isn't the NCAA's business.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2017, 10:29 AM

The important thing to remember is, it wasn't Hugh Freeze that came up with this master plan to cheat his ass off. The Network runs the Athletic Department and basically hired Hugh to implement Their Plan. The university is corrupt all the way up to the chancellor who was basically hired to look the other way. Dan Jones wasn't going along with being morally bankrupt so they ran him off. There isn't another program that is as systematic in their corruption as the University of Mississippi Landsharts.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2017, 10:32 AM

I wish we could release it on our Jumbotron as we take a knee in the 4th quarter similar to From Dixon With Love.

TrapGame
10-25-2017, 11:00 AM
I bet he'd get a hard on in the grove.... The Roundup Roundup

Harvey would be like "Grove? What Grove?"

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/A2YT6W/bush-honeysuckle-spraying-with-herbicide-A2YT6W.jpg

LoneStarDawg
10-25-2017, 11:11 AM
If this were to be released before the Egg Bowl those in charge need to be preparing the in game music selections now. I say we start off with Money for Nothing. What else should be played?

TrapGame
10-25-2017, 11:25 AM
If this were to be released before the Egg Bowl those in charge need to be preparing the in game music selections now. I say we start off with Money for Nothing. What else should be played?

Take The Money And Run
You Got Another Thing Coming
Call Me Maybe

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2017, 11:26 AM

I Fought the Law, and the Law Won.

Reason2succeed
10-25-2017, 11:59 AM
I wish we could release it on our Jumbotron as we take a knee in the 4th quarter similar to From Dixon With Love.

With a special message from LL and Kobe Jones about sportsmanship and fair play.

starkvegasdawg
10-25-2017, 12:03 PM
Holier Than Thou - Metallica

Mimi's Babies
10-25-2017, 12:05 PM
The saving grace for UNC was the actual benefits were for the entire student population, it wasn't limited to athletes. The NCAA can't do anything to force universities to make their classes harder. They are only worried about if the schools are giving athletes advantages to keep them eligible. If a school offers a degree in basket weaving that is graded on nothing but effort then there isn't anything they can do.

It is like if the NCAA came down on Ole Miss for giving out a shit degree in Engineering. We all know that degree isn't worth the paper it is printed on but it isn't the NCAA's business.

If you don't believe the statement concerning the easy classes take as look at the general studies degree that many om Players are listed in. That degree was created for adults to get a degree to advance in their jobs. See the qualifications for that degree yet the QB was listed with no degree of study.

Doggie_Style
10-25-2017, 12:28 PM
I Fought the Law, and the Law Won.

Winner!!

chainedup_Dawg
10-25-2017, 12:29 PM
Holier Than Thou - Metallica

I prefer King Nothing

MadDawg
10-25-2017, 12:36 PM

Freeze Frame

Randolph Dupree
10-25-2017, 12:37 PM
With a special message from LL and Kobe Jones about sportsmanship and fair play.

^^^^this would be epic

Commercecomet24
10-25-2017, 12:40 PM
How about "House of the Rising Sun"-special dedication to hugh freeze

LoneStarDawg
10-25-2017, 12:44 PM
How about "House of the Rising Sun"-special dedication to hugh freeze
I actually prefer Gods Gonna Cut You Down to be dedicated to Hugh

Bully13
10-25-2017, 12:45 PM
"Send Lawyers, Guns & Money"

(Dad, get me out of this!) (The shit has hit the fan!)

Commercecomet24
10-25-2017, 12:46 PM
I actually prefer Gods Gonna Cut You Down to be dedicated to Hugh

That'll work too!

TUSK
10-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Carley Simon - You’ So Vain

Y’all should hire the sound guy Bammer fired after the Camback Game.

Bully13
10-25-2017, 12:58 PM
Carley Simon - You’ So Vain

Y’all should hire the sound guy Bammer fired after the Camback Game.

he got fired for playing "Son of a Preacher Man" ? say it ain't so Joe.

TUSK
10-25-2017, 01:07 PM
he got fired for playing "Son of a Preacher Man" ? say it ain't so Joe.

Yes, & “take the money & run”...

Coursesuper
10-25-2017, 01:16 PM
“Call Me” by Blondie for Hugh.

pilldawg
10-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Yes, & ?take the money & run?...

#special

Jack Lambert
10-25-2017, 01:32 PM
“Call Me” by Blondie for Hugh.

The more info that comes out I am beginning to think more on the lines of "Lola" By The Kinks.

LoneStarDawg
10-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Everybody loves the 80s so adding Little Lies to the playlist

TrapGame
10-25-2017, 01:41 PM
Girls, Girls, Girls - Motley Crue

BeardoMSU
10-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Everybody loves the 80s so adding Little Lies to the playlist

If we're in the 80's then how about...

Burning Down the House - The Talking Heads
Land of Confusion - Genesis
Back in the High Life Again - Steve Winwood (this would only be played ironically, lol)

Also, if their penalties happen to be announced just before the day we spank that ass, Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" will sum things up nicely.

BeardoMSU
10-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Also, this would be just too easy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2017, 03:25 PM
ACDC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Coursesuper
10-25-2017, 03:51 PM
If we're in the 80's then how about...

Burning Down the House - The Talking Heads
Land of Confusion - Genesis
Back in the High Life Again - Steve Winwood (this would only be played ironically, lol)

Also, if their penalties happen to be announced just before the day we spank that ass, Lou Reed's "Perfect Day" will sum things up nicely.

Let’s move to the 90’s

Fell on Black Days Soundgarden

Carl Spackler
10-25-2017, 04:30 PM
Open the game up with "Money" by Pink Floyd. Throw in a little "Dirty Laundry" by Don Henley

lastmajordog
10-25-2017, 04:30 PM
?Garden of Allah? Don Henley and The Eagles......perfect

BeardoMSU
10-25-2017, 04:48 PM
Let’s move to the 90’s

Fell on Black Days Soundgarden

Six Underground - Sneaker Pimps
A Long December - Counting Crows (might need to rename this one to "A Long 10 to 15 years")
Misery - Soul Asylum
How Bizarre - OMC

Coursesuper
10-25-2017, 05:34 PM
Superunknown - Soundgarden ( future UNM football recruiting classes)

MaroonFlounder
10-25-2017, 05:49 PM
KARMA needs to rain down on oxfraud in a huge way...whatever the timing is.

KB549
10-25-2017, 06:25 PM
They should do the player profile where they ask them questions.

What?s your favorite number? “Well, recently, it‘s become 39” And then he grins real big.
What?s your favorite gift at Christmas? “Free shirts.” Big grin and a wink wink gun gun.
What do others say about your character? “I’m honest and have a great memory.”
Favorite song that isn’t rap? “Take the money and run.”
Fill in the blanks: _________ Lohan. ______ Time. ________ beef. Keeping up with the ________.
What do you plan to do when your football career is over? “Work for the NSA wiretapping phone calls.”
Name a band that best describes your recruitment. “($)10,000 Maniacs.”

Reason2succeed
10-25-2017, 07:53 PM
They should do the player profile where they ask them questions.

What?s your favorite number? “Well, recently, it‘s become 39” And then he grins real big.
What?s your favorite gift at Christmas? “Free shirts.” Big grin and a wink wink gun gun.
What do others say about your character? “I’m honest and have a great memory.”
Favorite song that isn’t rap? “Take the money and run.”
Fill in the blanks: _________ Lohan. ______ Time. ________ beef. Keeping up with the ________.
What do you plan to do when your football career is over? “Work for the NSA wiretapping phone calls.”
Name a band that best describes your recruitment. “($)10,000 Maniacs.”

Rebel heads would literally explode.

BB30
10-26-2017, 08:57 AM
Whats the over/under on how many OM fans actually show up for the egg bowl? and another over/under on how many fans over 40 years of age get in a brawl? From my experience, most egg bowl fights actually involve old men.

Dallas_Dawg
10-26-2017, 09:07 AM
I'm not worried about their fans if the sanctions are announced before the egg bowl.
I am worried about their players taking cheap shots and baiting us into fights. I don't want a bench clearing brawl that makes us ineligible for a bowl game like they are.
It's like what they say when fighting someone with nothing to lose. They will stoop to levels that we haven't seen before and I don't want us dragged through that
I know we have good, smart players but sometimes good people can be baited into acting out

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2017, 09:36 AM
I'm not worried about their fans if the sanctions are announced before the egg bowl.
I am worried about their players taking cheap shots and baiting us into fights. I don't want a bench clearing brawl that makes us ineligible for a bowl game like they are.
It's like what they say when fighting someone with nothing to lose. They will stoop to levels that we haven't seen before and I don't want us dragged through that
I know we have good, smart players but sometimes good people can be baited into acting out

I really hope the players wouldn?t do that. Most of them are friends with each other and I?m bettering know the truth. If it becomes obvious that is what they are doing you put in the third string and tell them happy knee and head hunting.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2017, 09:41 AM
Whats the over/under on how many OM fans actually show up for the egg bowl? and another over/under on how many fans over 40 years of age get in a brawl? From my experience, most egg bowl fights actually involve old men.
You haven?t been to the right Egg Bowl. The Dick Shafter Pace game comes to mind.

msudawglb
10-26-2017, 10:09 AM
Open the game up with "Money" by Pink Floyd. Throw in a little "Dirty Laundry" by Don Henley

Mr. Telephone Man....New Edition

msbulldog
10-26-2017, 12:34 PM
I really hope the players wouldn?t do that. Most of them are friends with each other and I?m bettering know the truth. If it becomes obvious that is what they are doing you put in the third string and tell them happy knee and head hunting.

Damn Vegas, how old are you? For years the pre-game brawl was just part of it. In 1973 we had a big bruising running back named Wayne Jones, when the brawl started he ripped off his helmet and rushed into the melee, the only player without his helmet on. 2 UM players kicked his a$$, Wayne was a helluva running back, but not the brightest bulb on the tree.

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Damn Vegas, how old are you? For years the pre-game brawl was just part of it. In 1973 we had a big bruising running back named Wayne Jones, when the brawl started he ripped off his helmet and rushed into the melee, the only player without his helmet on. 2 UM players kicked his a$$, Wayne was a helluva running back, but not the brightest bulb on the tree.

I understand fights and brawls, but I?m talking about intentionally trying to severely injure someone. I know Elston tried to injure Dak, but I try to hold on to the belief that most players are not that dirty.

Rejlector84sports
10-26-2017, 06:57 PM
I suspect there will be more fighting in the stands than on the field. I hope MSU PD will bring in the HP before that starts.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2017, 07:03 PM
I suspect there will be more fighting in the stands than on the field. I hope MSU PD will bring in the HP before that starts.

There won't be many fights in the stands because there won't be many Confederate Bear Sharks there.

Bulldog_power56
10-26-2017, 07:17 PM
We all throw Ole Piss down the gutter but State cheats also.

Coursesuper
10-26-2017, 07:19 PM

In before the ban! See you later um Reb,Bear,Shart whatever you call yourselves this week.

TrapGame
10-26-2017, 07:19 PM

Coach34 ban this ass wipe!!!

Mimi's Babies
10-26-2017, 07:20 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_power56 View Post

Coach34 ban this ass wipe!!!

AGREED..... Sounds like ole ya.... or chuckie poo

Bulldog_power56
10-26-2017, 07:24 PM
Roll tide

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2017, 07:33 PM
Roll tide

I?m impressed you can type while Yancy is taking you from behind.

Really Clark?
10-26-2017, 07:33 PM
Roll tide

Please, you don't want any of our resident Tiders. You are a Reb and pathic as a troll.

TUSK
10-26-2017, 07:41 PM
Please, you don't want any of our resident Tiders. You are a Reb and pathic as a troll.

I take it this cat (56) is no longer with us....

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2017, 07:50 PM
I take it this cat (56) is no longer with us....

Hasn?t been banned yet. Yancy must want oral and he can?t see to type right now.

bulldogsmsu
11-28-2017, 10:39 AM
Remember the NCAA usually drops the sanctions bomb on Fridays. So we have 10/28, 11/03, 11/10, 11/17, 11/24, 12/1, 12/8..... College is out for Christmas bteak.
So my guess:.
1. 11/17 -- is my guess
2. NCAA drop 12:01 am Friday November 24, 2017.
Just hours after the EB. Would be funny.
OR
Drop the NCAA COI penalities at kick off.

Either way... The NCAA is going to drop and all the crying will start.

Is the drop dead date for NCAA to issue sanctions on 12/8? What is the drop dead date?

starkvegasdawg
11-28-2017, 10:48 AM
Is the drop dead date for NCAA to issue sanctions on 12/8? What is the drop dead date?

When they get good and ready.