PDA

View Full Version : Sweat and Calhoun SEC POW at their positions

msstate7
10-24-2017, 03:54 PM
http://www.djournal.com/sports/calhoun-sweat-selected-for-weekly-sec-awards/article_7a5aa02b-0ae4-5500-9c13-f6a738ba05b4.html

Tbonewannabe
10-24-2017, 04:28 PM
Sweat keeps playing like that and he might be one and done.

BeardoMSU
10-24-2017, 04:39 PM
Sweat keeps playing like that and he might be one and done.

No doubt. Selfishly, I'd like him to come back for his senior year.....that D-Line would be bananas.

BigEasyDawg
10-24-2017, 04:50 PM
For all the doubt around our O-Line coming into the year, we have had 2 different guys be named lineman of the week and BOTH came after an SEC game

msstate7
10-24-2017, 04:52 PM
For all the doubt around our O-Line coming into the year, we have had 2 different guys be named lineman of the week and BOTH came after an SEC game

And neither are our projected nfl tackle

Tbonewannabe
10-24-2017, 04:57 PM
And neither are our projected nfl tackle

If Hev can actually get them on campus, he can coach their ass off. We are seeing what happens when he gets 3-4 star linemen that have offers from legit programs. Both of our starting tackles are doing pretty damn good as freshmen and both are probably the highest rated out of high school. You can't continuously take USM recruits and have a chance against big time SEC programs.

LoneStarDawg
10-24-2017, 04:58 PM

In my opinion Oline has been great compared to my expectations. Sure, those penalties at Auburn were terrible, but overall I?m more than pleased with their performance to date.

msbulldog
10-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Montez Sweat will probably be told, if he submits for NFL evaluation, he can add draft value with another year at State.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-24-2017, 06:35 PM
Montez Sweat will probably be told, if he submits for NFL evaluation, he can add draft value with another year at State.

I thought Beni Brown was nuts for leaving early. But at the same time, I don't know that coming back would have added any draft value. He simply would have just gotten another year of free education. He had reached his ceiling. But I definitely think Sweat enhances his draft position by coming back. I don't see him as a top three round player today. But he could easily be that with imorovement. He has a ceiling that he hasn't come close to reaching yet. He's improving every game.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-24-2017, 06:57 PM
Sweat will be even better next year because he can play almost exclusively at stand up OLB instead of with his hand in the dirt. Adding Chauncey Rivers will allow Sweat to focus on pass rushing even more.