PDA

View Full Version : Magnolia Bowl Trophy ideas

archdog
10-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Alright, that thing is damn stupid looking. I am here to give both UM and LSU a heads up on what to do about it.
First, ditch the Stuckey's trophy.
Second, each school that wins gets an actual Magnolia Tree as the prize.
Third, the thing you are awarded and carry around at the game is the plaque for the tree. Plant the tree and place the "trophy" there to mark the year of the victory.
If the campuses plan this correctly, the area where the trees are planted becomes something that can be cherished by both schools on the day of their games.

If you do not like this, change the 17n name of the rivalry to the shitty trophy bowl.

gtowndawg
10-24-2017, 01:24 PM
What trophy do we get for stomping a mud hole in both of them this year?

Tbonewannabe
10-24-2017, 01:31 PM

We get to chop down one of their trees and make a casket for the black bear.

TrapGame
10-24-2017, 01:38 PM

Freeze will officiate the service.

Duckdog
10-24-2017, 02:14 PM

+rep x10000000000

Todd4State
10-24-2017, 02:47 PM

The "real rivalry" trophy. It looks like a golden crow.

Hail State
10-24-2017, 06:14 PM
Alright, that thing is damn stupid looking. I am here to give both UM and LSU a heads up on what to do about it.
First, ditch the Stuckey's trophy.
Second, each school that wins gets an actual Magnolia Tree as the prize.
Third, the thing you are awarded and carry around at the game is the plaque for the tree. Plant the tree and place the "trophy" there to mark the year of the victory.
If the campuses plan this correctly, the area where the trees are planted becomes something that can be cherished by both schools on the day of their games.

If you do not like this, change the 17n name of the rivalry to the shitty trophy bowl.

WTF are you talking about? Is that sarcasam because you severely missed your mark if so. Screw that shitty rivalry. It deserves a shitty forced trophy to laugh at. It's weird shit like this is why they say we're obsessed. Get it together, man.

gravedigger
10-24-2017, 07:40 PM
WTF are you talking about? Is that sarcasam because you severely missed your mark if so. Screw that shitty rivalry. It deserves a shitty forced trophy to laugh at. It's weird shit like this is why they say we're obsessed. Get it together, man.

It?s sarcasm in that it?s making fun of them.

Perhaps you should practice reading posts rather than responding.

All in all, the idea would be a bit magnanimous for either school.

3rdGen
10-24-2017, 07:49 PM
AHHHH 17 it!

Hail State
10-24-2017, 11:13 PM
I've been reading these boards since SixPack split from Gene's page in '03 and now I also read ED. Im all too familiar with the sarcasm/satire both boards use but that tripe escaped me. And I read far more than I post as my post count suggests. Maybe you should do the same.

Lord McBuckethead
10-25-2017, 11:59 AM

Good point. Glad I could bring you out of hiding. My original post was like trying to help the retarded kid color inside the lines. If that trophy is the best they can do, so be it.