PDA

View Full Version : I just noticed something

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-24-2017, 01:08 PM
watching the replay from Saturday when Fitz lost his helmet around the 10 and then Key ran it in on next play.....Fitz put his helmet back on with the chinstrap buckled on both sides. It's been a long, long time since I played high school ball, but I don't ever remember putting my helmet on without unbuckling the strap. How is that possible? Of course a friend of mine pointed out the other day....Fitz has no chin, so he doesn't have that to help hold it on. I can't figure it out. And evidently nobody else can either.

gtowndawg
10-24-2017, 01:46 PM
I don't recall but he might have the new helmet that you pull the straps to tighten it (not snap it).

Maroonthirteen
10-24-2017, 01:47 PM
I can't believe how easily the helmets come off now a days. Back in my day, you would about rip an ear off trying to remove your helmet.

BigEasyDawg
10-24-2017, 01:55 PM
Most helmets have two different buckles on each side of the face mask. Used too, players would unbuckle both buckles on one side of the helmet to take it off, leaving the chin strap dangling.

Now, many players will leave the top buckle on each side a little bit loose, so all they have to do to take off their helmet is unbuckle the bottom buckle on each side thus making the chin strap loose enough to slide off.

ETA: Alot of the helmets now have straps instead of buckles, so they can just loosen the bottom two straps and slide it off.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/598bf95ea8e54a52a2b4f22e8f9f0df8735bbdf3/c=156-154-2611-2000&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2016/04/20/JacksonMS/JacksonMS/635967673908407190-B54O9593.jpg

LoneStarDawg
10-24-2017, 02:00 PM
I can't believe how easily the helmets come off now a days. Back in my day, you would about rip an ear off trying to remove your helmet.

I laughed a little too hard at this...I remember that well!

KentuckyDawg13
10-24-2017, 02:12 PM
Fitz's helmet has been like that for awhile. I recall telling my son that one should not be able to slide the helmet on so easily without undoing the straps last season. Every time he loses his helmet, he puts it on just as easily. Seems like the loose helmet would interfere with his vision, moving around and such. Maybe that is why he flubs some throws, he can't see the receiver. Ha.

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-24-2017, 02:34 PM
His helmet is always loose. When he shakes his head you can see the space he has on each side. Dangerous!

Also, Fitz doesn't have a chin? Are you serious? The guy has the biggest chin that I have ever seen.

Reason2succeed
10-24-2017, 02:51 PM
His helmet is always loose. When he shakes his head you can see the space he has on each side. Dangerous!

Also, Fitz doesn't have a chin? Are you serious? The guy has the biggest chin that I have ever seen.

That's an extension of his jaw line.

Todd4State
10-24-2017, 02:55 PM
At least once when he lost his helmet it was becasue a guy from Kentucky ripped it off. They shouldn't make a player go out of the game if that is the case. Otherwise Key is going to play half the Egg Bowl because then the shitbird defense's strategy is going to be to rip Fitz's helmet off every time he runs the ball.

Jack Lambert
10-24-2017, 03:08 PM
I can't imagine the pressure on him. Think what he is dealing with mentally while on field. The chin strap is one thing he probably doesn't what to have to worry with.

Barking 13
10-25-2017, 10:24 AM
At least once when he lost his helmet it was becasue a guy from Kentucky ripped it off. They shouldn't make a player go out of the game if that is the case. Otherwise Key is going to play half the Egg Bowl because then the shitbird defense's strategy is going to be to rip Fitz's helmet off every time he runs the ball.

They'll never get to him or catch him....

MadDawg
10-25-2017, 10:44 AM
I may be completely wrong, but I wonder if maybe a helmet just doesn't fit his very long, yet very narrow head correctly. Dude's got a melon.

Bodaski
10-25-2017, 11:00 AM
Fitz is always pulling at his jersey, helmet or something. Its almost like, he just can't get a comfortable fit with his uniform. The loose helmet is really dangerous. He gets it ripped off midway of going down and another players comes in hard it could be a serious injury as a result. Our equipment folks you know have looked at it.

dotcomdawg
10-25-2017, 11:27 AM
....Fitz has no chin, so he doesn't have that to help hold it on. I can't figure it out. And evidently nobody else can either.

Fitz is ALL chin