PDA

View Full Version : If you are wondering why Ole Miss has been getting all the ESPN hype.

Jack Lambert
09-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Tonight is why. It's about ratings for a TV program.

PassInterference
09-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Right you are.

Archie Manning. It is damned amazing how long they have been able to milk the rebels of the 60's.

Anybody know who Jerry Tagge is? No? He was the QB of the 1971 Nebraska Husker national championship team.

Op4isabitch
09-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Tonight is why. It's about ratings for a TV program.

So does that mean that starting tomorrow they can start hating the rebels like I do?

bocfarm
09-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Good episode

Op4isabitch
09-24-2013, 08:47 PM
It's a series?

archdog
09-24-2013, 08:51 PM
So does that mean that starting tomorrow they can start hating the rebels like I do?

Everything ESPN does and reports is to help their ratings. 8 years ago all they would talk about was Texas, USC and Ohio State. When the SEC started winning national championships ESPN still pushed USC and Ohio State as preseason favorites. Then ESPN and the SEC signed a contract. Heck we can go almost weeks without them discussing USC, Stanford, or Nebraska in depth. during football season you can see that on Mondays college football live the talk mostly about their upcoming programming, building up the drama. Its always the matchup of the century. I wish Fox Sports One would have 4 hour long shows that are dedicated to the 4 big conferences and report on every marchioness in depth regardless of which network is showing the game.

bocfarm
09-24-2013, 08:55 PM
It's a series?

Yea, based off the book

bully99
09-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Wow..Jerry Tagge That name brings back some memories. Watched him in the game of the century. Thanksgiving day 1971 Oklahoma Nebraska. Ate turkey watched game and play football in back yard with brothers. Great game.

scottycameron
09-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Everything ESPN does and reports is to help their ratings. 8 years ago all they would talk about was Texas, USC and Ohio State. When the SEC started winning national championships ESPN still pushed USC and Ohio State as preseason favorites. Then ESPN and the SEC signed a contract. Heck we can go almost weeks without them discussing USC, Stanford, or Nebraska in depth. during football season you can see that on Mondays college football live the talk mostly about their upcoming programming, building up the drama. Its always the matchup of the century. I wish Fox Sports One would have 4 hour long shows that are dedicated to the 4 big conferences and report on every marchioness in depth regardless of which network is showing the game.

Now that espn is in cahoots with the SEC then they are pumping them up. Remember before the SEC - ESPN contract when Peyton Manning was a heisman candidate? A lot different then. These days they would usher in Manning as an automatic winner. Back then they were a big ten pac ten mouthpiece. I guess it's good for the SEC now but it's crazy how they control public perception of college football.

Bothrops
09-24-2013, 10:16 PM
I can't believe it..Miss State was mentioned in the video! So there is another SEC school in MS..