PDA

View Full Version : Jairus Hamilton 2018 Basketball Target

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-23-2017, 10:45 AM
I noticed he visited this past weekend. Is there a real shot here? Did we get on him too late?

msstate7
10-23-2017, 11:05 AM
Is he son of tang?**

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-23-2017, 11:15 AM
Is he son of tang?**

Ha. I wish but according to an OM guy that I know, MSU legacies don't work anymore since...."THEY ARE GETTING WOODARD!" HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I about spit my drink.

KentuckyDawg13
10-23-2017, 11:58 AM
Is Robert Woodard not a target anymore?

Bully13
10-23-2017, 12:10 PM
looks like Hamilton visited us during KY game. is there a connection down here that would make him leave his area for ours?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-23-2017, 01:22 PM
looks like Hamilton visited us during KY game. is there a connection down here that would make him leave his area for ours?

yea.. Ben Howland

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Is Robert Woodard not a target anymore?

I hope so

Tbonewannabe
10-23-2017, 01:55 PM
Ha. I wish but according to an OM guy that I know, MSU legacies don't work anymore since...."THEY ARE GETTING WOODARD!" HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I about spit my drink.

I guess they have a bunch of football money to use somewhere. They probably can't find enough guys to give red backpacks to.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Hamilton is a big time prospect. We've been on him a couple of months. He OV this weekend. He's an early period signee. Maryland & MSU seem to be his top 2 with NC St & BC in the mix. I'm not sure how many Maryland is planning to sign this year but they have 3 committed. Also are in the mix with 2 other 5* kids. If we got Hamilton I'd be more than fine with Woodard going to be OM or Bama or wherever. I like Woodard but Hamilton is the better player.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-23-2017, 02:06 PM
Hamilton is a big time prospect. We've been on him a couple of months. He OV this weekend. He's an early period signee. Maryland & MSU seem to be his top 2 with NC St & BC in the mix. I'm not sure how many Maryland is planning to sign this year but they have 3 committed. Also are in the mix with 2 other 5* kids. If we got Hamilton I'd be more than fine with Woodard going to be OM or Bama or wherever. I like Woodard but Hamilton is the better player.

is it an either or with Woodard and Hamilton or could we take both?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-23-2017, 02:27 PM
is it an either or with Woodard and Hamilton or could we take both?

I suppose we could but would seem like overkill taking 3 wings in this class

Dawg61
10-23-2017, 02:34 PM
Each new player we take on means someone currently on the roster has to go so keep that in mind. We are maxed out with 11 on scholi and 2 commits right now. Sounds like Hamilton is definitely a take but it'll mean someone has to go.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Each new player we take on means someone currently on the roster has to go so keep that in mind. We are maxed out with 11 on scholi and 2 commits right now. Sounds like Hamilton is definitely a take but it'll mean someone has to go.

You don't think Peters will go pro?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-23-2017, 03:10 PM

I expect Lamar to go pro.

Dawg61
10-23-2017, 04:16 PM
You don't think Peters will go pro?

If he plays like he did in the summer than yes and he should but if he plays like the 2nd half of last year than no I don't. Let's hope he plays like a lottery pick.

msbulldog
10-23-2017, 04:32 PM
If he plays like he did in the summer than yes and he should but if he plays like the 2nd half of last year than no I don't. Let's hope he plays like a lottery pick.

Wouldn't Lamar playing like a lottery pick be great for the team, shades of Dontae Jones carrying us to the Final 4.

Dawg61
10-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Wouldn't Lamar playing like a lottery pick be great for the team, shades of Dontae Jones carrying us to the Final 4.

Yup it would be that's why I am hoping he plays like a lottery pick

MarketingBully
10-23-2017, 10:18 PM
I expect Lamar to go pro.

Me too. He’s going to do much better than he showed yesterday. Once everyone is healthy and we hit our stride, this could be a special season.

1bigdawg
10-23-2017, 10:50 PM

Dontae and Bullard.

MarketingBully
10-24-2017, 10:49 AM

I agree. He schooled Oak Hill last year drove to the basket and has great range on his jump shot. A very smooth player. If we got Hamilton, I’d be fine with Woodard going elsewhere as well. Hamilton has bigger upside and could be a true NBA prospect whereas I think Woodard’s ceiling is just a great college player.

KentuckyDawg13
10-24-2017, 02:20 PM
Really? I saw his highlights from the Adidas tourney, he was good but not pro-level good. Also, isn't he injured, bulging disc? That is not something that heals quickly.
I hope you all are right, that Lamar kills it this season and is a lottery pick.

MarketingBully
10-24-2017, 02:41 PM
Really? I saw his highlights from the Adidas tourney, he was good but not pro-level good. Also, isn't he injured, bulging disc? That is not something that heals quickly.
I hope you all are right, that Lamar kills it this season and is a lottery pick.

He had a finger issue which kept him out of practicing a couple of months this summer but I haven’t heard anything about a bulging disc. He’s biggest problem right now is conditioning which Howland said was going to get fixed. He was out practicing on his own after the Nebraska game so that doesn’t sound like a guy with a bulging disc injury.