PDA

View Full Version : Anybody at the basketball game?

Irondawg
10-22-2017, 01:31 PM
Curious how we look assuming the game with Nebraska actually is happening

CovertDawg
10-22-2017, 01:34 PM
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1RDGlnVALDzxL

You can watch in on periscope.

We look really sloppy early on. Nebraska is getting lots of in rhythm 3s and is making them.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Yeah, we look horrible

Irondawg
10-22-2017, 01:48 PM
I hate I asked. We still look like we play like a glorified AAU team. That’s going to get us nowhere again

HoopsDawg
10-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Down 16 at the half. Perimeter D and ball movement are atrocious.

Irondawg
10-22-2017, 01:49 PM
We are deep enough this year that I would tell them all that if you don’t put an effort into defense you are going to have a reserved seat at the end the bench

Irondawg
10-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Hoops - and those two things are coaching related. If we don’t get those two things changed it’s all on Howland

CovertDawg
10-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Yeah...no precision on offense. Seems like the best shot we can end up with is a long 2. Also displaying a complete inability to defend the 3. Trading long 2s on offense for open 3s on defense is a recipe for disaster.

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 01:53 PM
A lot of jackass Nebraska fans on the periscope as well. We miss Ado and we won’t win many games if Howland starts the five he put out there. You can’t have a starting five of Peters, Q, Stapleton, Holman, Herard. Where are the points going to come from? You have to go with Peters, Nick W, Q, Stapleton, and Herard for now than start Ado when he comes back. Nebraska will just double Q and shut down our offensive game.

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Down 16 at the half. Perimeter D and ball movement are atrocious.

We played the worst starting five that you can put out there. That’s why we are sucking balls.

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Hoops - and those two things are coaching related. If we don’t get those two things changed it’s all on Howland

This shit is on Howland. That starting five is laughable with the talent we have.

CovertDawg
10-22-2017, 01:55 PM
A lot of jackass Nebraska fans on the periscope as well. We miss Ado and we won’t win many games if Howland starts the five he put out there. You can’t have a starting five of Peters, Q, Stapleton, Holman, Herard. Where are the points going to come from? You have to go with Peters, Nick W, Q, Stapleton, and Herard for now than start Ado when he comes back. Nebraska will just double Q and shut down our offensive game.

Watch it in Theater mode by clicking the rectangle and you get rid of the comments. There is no value add from the comments coming down the right hand side.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2017, 01:58 PM
We played the worst starting five that you can put out there. That’s why we are sucking balls.

Agree that's a bad starting 5 but they only played like 4 minutes together.

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 02:00 PM
We never should have played this event. We aren’t ready for something like this and clearly Howland had a shitty game plan going in. This is embarrassing because we are much better then this shit show. It’s an exhibition game but all our fans are going to say we suck and that’s not the case. Nebraska isn’t that good.

MCsMGs
10-22-2017, 02:02 PM
We looked real tight coming out for some reason. Nebraska shot 50% from 3 or. Our ball movement was poor. Lamar woke up and started penetrating with about 5 minutes left in half. Eli playing well. They are also killing us on FT line. Nebraska is well coached...every time we went small they went straight to a mismatch.

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 02:05 PM
We looked real tight coming out for some reason. Nebraska shot 50% from 3 or. Our ball movement was poor. Lamar woke up and started penetrating with about 5 minutes left in half. Eli playing well. They are also killing us on FT line. Nebraska is well coached...every time we went small they went straight to a mismatch.

If this was regular season we would be pressing the shit out of these idiots and we wouldn’t of handed over all of our tape so they knew everything we were doing.

MCsMGs
10-22-2017, 02:11 PM
We can't throw it in an ocean...

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 02:13 PM
0-9 from 3 pt line with this team? Laughable. They didn’t show up today.

MaroonFlounder
10-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Backcourt was supposed to be experienced and good this year....

FAAAAAART

msstate7
10-22-2017, 02:19 PM
I give up on basketball

MaroonFlounder
10-22-2017, 02:22 PM
Since this exhibition game was for charity, I'll pay several hundred to end this game right now

MCsMGs
10-22-2017, 02:24 PM
I give up on basketball

Don't...

Coach007
10-22-2017, 02:24 PM
Have we bounced back from firing Stans yet??

msstate7
10-22-2017, 02:25 PM
Don't...

Haha... I won?t. I?ll be up and down with them all year.

Coach007
10-22-2017, 02:28 PM
Defense breaks down

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Bright spot is EJ Datcher

thf24
10-22-2017, 02:33 PM
I'll never understand why sports fans insist on trying to take jack shit from pre-season or exhibition games.

msstate7
10-22-2017, 02:39 PM
I'll never understand why sports fans insist on trying to take jack shit from pre-season or exhibition games.

When the patriots suck preseason, I shake my head and know better. When the browns suck preseason, I?m pretty sure it?s bc they always suck. Which team better reflects us? Lol... I do think we will be better, but I?m extremely disappointed with this effort

AFDawg
10-22-2017, 02:39 PM
We?ve been much better in the second half. Down by 6 with 3:50 left.

Coach007
10-22-2017, 02:43 PM
Fez, q, datch, herard, peters....

CovertDawg
10-22-2017, 02:52 PM
Glad we played the game. Needed to be reminded you can't sleepwalk through a half and think you can win. Feazell is going to be a player. Fortunate he did not end up at Iowa State.

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Glad we played the game. Needed to be reminded you can't sleepwalk through a half and think you can win. Feazell is going to be a player. Fortunate he did not end up at Iowa State.

There were several bright spots from today’s game. Ado would have made a big difference in this game as well. Wright, Datcher and Nick W (defensively). Peters single handedly lost this game for us too down the stretch. He has to play a lot better and not get so emotional. Q shot poorly as well. Defense was awesome in the second half. I’d start Wright Nick W, and Datcher for Stapleton, Peters, and Herard to begin the season. When Ado comes back start Ado for Datcher but Datcher needs minutes along with Feazell.

Coach007
10-22-2017, 03:04 PM
Need to figure out away to get Fez, Datch, Herard, Q, and Peters on the floor at the same time.

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Need to figure out away to get Fez, Datch, Herard, Q, and Peters on the floor at the same time.

Ado is much better than Herard. Herard is still getting lost defensively. Datcher was the catalyst on the inside today along with Feazell. Now maybe for a big lineup have Feazell, Datcher, and Ado as our front court with Q and Nick W in the backcourt that would be great. Peters and Q killed us shooting it today. Big reason for the hole we had to dig our way out of.

Bothrops
10-22-2017, 03:14 PM
What was the final?

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 03:16 PM
I give up on basketball

See this is what I was talking about. Not pointing you out msstate7 but I?m sure a lot of fans are going to see this result, get discouraged and not show up for games now. I get it?s for a great cause but Nebraska had 8x more offensive sets put in then we had. We had 3 and they had 24. I?m glad we came back but still not sure what we gained out of this game especially since one of our best players isn?t even playing. We should have just stuck with the closed scrimmage with Texas Tech. I was disappointed with the starting five we put out there. Howland has to do a better job of coaching than he did today.

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 03:17 PM
What was the final?

We lost 76-72 but came back from being down 23 which is encouraging.

Bothrops
10-22-2017, 03:20 PM
We lost 76-72 but came back from being down 23 which is encouraging.

Ok, not so bad. Just need to stress to this guys that you can't take a half off.

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2017, 03:35 PM
What the hell did we do all first half

maroonmania
10-22-2017, 03:42 PM

I'm glad we are playing this game. I don't give a crap about the result. This game doesn't count on our record but will show us our flaws a whole heck of a lot more than playing the sisters of the poor that we normally play in exhibitions. This game should make us better moreso than a glorified scrimmage against a total nobody.

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 03:42 PM
This is why I love this kid (Peters):

https://twitter.com/robbydonoho/status/922199919372496896

MarketingBully
10-22-2017, 03:45 PM
I'm glad we are playing this game. I don't give a crap about the result. This game doesn't count on our record but will show us our flaws a whole heck of a lot more than playing the sisters of the poor that we normally play in exhibitions. This game should make us better moreso than a glorified scrimmage against a total nobody.

We didn’t show up in the first half which is why I was thinking we shouldn’t play it. My point was that fans would look at the final score and say we suck (which we don’t). Luckily we outscored them by 12 in the second half and at least made it interesting. Nebraska sucks btw.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2017, 03:50 PM
We didn’t show up in the first half which is why I was thinking we shouldn’t play it. My point was that fans would look at the final score and say we suck (which we don’t). Luckily we outscored them by 12 in the second half and at least made it interesting. Nebraska sucks btw.

Who cares what a couple of message board posters say, this was an important game for this team. Especially considering how weak our non-conference schedule is.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2017, 03:54 PM
I?d start Wright Nick W, and Datcher for Stapleton, Peters, and Herard to begin the season. When Ado comes back start Ado for Datcher but Datcher needs minutes along with Feazell.

Based on 1 meaningless game, I would start Peters, Wright, Q, Datcher, and Ado. And I would have Nick as my first sub. There's a few guys who I won't name who would not be playing much at all b/c they aren't 2 way players.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
10-22-2017, 04:17 PM
Bright spot was definitely Feazell to me. Wasn't expecting much from him & he affected the game every time he came in.

Any truth to the comment on that link above that Peters missed 2 months of practice?

Irondawg
10-22-2017, 04:53 PM
They key to this team is going to figure out the rotation and everyone's roles. It's hard to effectively get 10 guys minutes. I think ideally you have an 8-9 man rotation unless you are going full court press for 40 minutes. With all the TV timeouts and such the players get sufficient rest most of the time.

A few guys have to embrace a role of being a defensive presence and then rely on hustle point on the offensive end. A few guys need to be the focal point of the offense and the sets need to embrace that.

What I saw today was very similar to last year on both ends and that's not a good thing. I'm curious to see how we look in a few weeks.

MCsMGs
10-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Bright spot was definitely Feazell to me. Wasn't expecting much from him & he affected the game every time he came in.

Any truth to the comment on that link above that Peters missed 2 months of practice?

Peters has been dealing with a bulging disc in his back for much of the summer...

msstate7
10-22-2017, 07:19 PM
Missouri with their newcomers took Kansas to the wire (91-87). It is time for our recruiting to start matching actual results. I was playing earlier about being done with basketball, but IT IS TIME howland to start winning games.

tcdog70
10-22-2017, 07:32 PM
Woe is Me, we lost a fricking exhibition game. **** me running, we have some fans that will jump off a ledge at the drop of a hat. We will be a good basketball team this year. Sit back and let Ben figure out how to use our talent. We have the same nay Sayers that predicted we would be 6-6 in football. Can we just be a little positive and support our teams and believe in our Coaching Staffs.

mparkerfd20
10-22-2017, 08:37 PM
Howland thus far has not proven to be the coach we all hoped he still was. I haven't given up on him, but I have definitely tempered my expectations.

Dawg61
10-22-2017, 11:24 PM
Nebraska sucks. They finished 2nd to last in the B1G last year. Stop being a ***** with the players Howland. We are lucky this is just an exhibition cause we can't afford a single loss to a team like this in OOC.